Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i don't really **** wit lil wayne tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    What about carter 4 ? Too this day it's one of He best albums in hip hop
    I don't think it'd appeal to me if those others didn't. honestly, jay z is an artist my *mum* likes (she even saw him live) so of course I might have some bias deeply rooted within me against him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmightyJesus)
    some grime is actually quite decent, I won't lie. but yeah, I don't think chief keef writes good lyrics
    Yeah lyrically he's a bit meh. But from where he's from people like him because of his lyrics which are quite dark and violent

ReputationRep:
    solid wu tang presence itt, what you guys saying about killah priest though

one of the most underrated guys in wu tang fr

also
    clipse - hell hath no fury
    madvillain - madvilliany
    murs - murs 3:16
    triple darkness - anathema

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Yeah lyrically he's a bit meh. But from where he's from people like him because of his lyrics which are quite dark and violent
    Chief Keef is a legend, don't care what anyone says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilUziVert)
    Chief Keef is a legend, don't care what anyone says
    idk, i kinda liked Love sosa and i dont like. Other than that he's meh. That's kinda harsh since he's like 20

ReputationRep:
    idk, i kinda liked Love sosa and i dont like. Other than that he's meh. That's kinda harsh since he's like 20
    back from the dead is great

ReputationRep:
    Chief keef does drill rap, kinda like our grime scene but for some part in America and people do really like it.
    dude Drill is nothing like grime fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trillinhomie)
    tru fam

ReputationRep:
    Hard to choose between the Nas albums, God's Son & The Lost Tapes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know, but they're both like only listened to by like a small region ygm. Like i think Drill is just in Illinois and Grime is just in london. Obviously others do listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    ok my rundown of best rap albums:

(No order)

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Quite literally a masterpiece, in my opinion this is a top ten album of all time in any genre. Everything from the introspective lyrics, to the gorgeous production (pun intended) make for a work sonic perfection. Not mention CyHi stole the album with that incredible So Appalled verse. The outro to Runaway is the greatest piece of music ever in my opinion.

Favourite songs: Devil in a new Dress, Runaway, Dark Fantasy, Monster, So Appalled, Lost in the World, All of the Lights, Power

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

An incredible display of intellect, wit, wisdom and lyricism from THE greatest rapper of all time. In his magnum opus work, he blends seamless, smooth flows over some incredible, sprawling, primarily piano driven beats. There's simply not a bad song on this record, and his incredible lyrics and delivery on D'Evils could move a man to tears.

Favourite songs - D'Evils, Dead Presidents II, Feelin' it, Can't Knock the Hustle, 22 Two's, Can I live, Brooklyn's Finest.

Kanye West - Late Registration

My favourite album of all time, hands down, no doubt. Kanye's best record is undoubtedly a top five album ever made, regardless of genre. Kanye expands on his soul-sample production he exercised in The College Dropout and takes it further by working with composer and producer Jon Brion, who adds incredible string sections to the albums' already perfect production. To top it off, Ye is at his most lyrical, dropping endless quotables, song after song. The feature list is also sublime, there's not one bad guest verse on the entire album.

Favourite songs: All of them

Madvillain (Madlib and MF DOOM) - Madvillainy

When a top five rap producer gets in the studio with the greatest lyricist of all time, you get a truly classic result.
    Madvillainy is a total lyrical onslaught over Madlib's incredible borderline experimental sample-based production. MF DOOM mostly raps from a third person perspective, giving us insight into the life of the illest villain. Note that this album contains the most lyrical track ever; Figaro. The entire album follows a strong basis on short, to the point songs, which are extremely radio un-friendly.

Favourite songs: All caps, Figaro, Shadows of Tomorrow, Accordion, Rhinestone Cowboy, Meat Grinder, America's Most Blunted

Common - Be

Common's Be is the most underrated album of the 2000's, a decade dominated by Kanye, Jay and Weezy, common brings us a refreshing, quiet storm album produced by Kanye West and the greatest producer of all time, J Dilla (RIP).
    Common brings us consistent concious bars over incredible production, and with features from Kanye and John Legend delivers a beautiful, relaxing album.

Favourite songs: Love is..., Go!. They Say..., It's Your World, Pt 1&2, Faithful, Testify

J Dilla - Donuts

In Dilla's final release three days before his death, the goat producer brings the best instrumental album of all time, which he made almost entirely on his death bed. Dilla flips soul, rock and classical musical samples into heaven with incredible beat changes and intricate sampling skills.

Favourite songs: Mash, Anti-American Graffiti, U-Love, Light my Fire, Don't Cry, Two Can Win, Dilla Says Go, One For Ghost, Last Donut of the Night, Time: Donut of the Heart, The Diff'rence

I have more but effort to type lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know, but they're both like only listened to by like a small region ygm. Like i think Drill is just in Illinois and Grime is just in london. Obviously others do listen to it.
    bugzy malone is from manchester tho

ReputationRep:
    Grime is just straight trashy beats and chavs that look like their on a school geography trip

ReputationRep:
    drill is just from the Chi and grime is from the UK so no not really lmao

ReputationRep:
    Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
    Illmatic
    GKMC
    The 18th Letter
    Get Rich or Die Tryin

I have too many lol, definitely my top five though.

ReputationRep:
    ok my rundown of best rap albums:

(No order)

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Quite literally a masterpiece, in my opinion this is a top ten album of all time in any genre. Everything from the introspective lyrics, to the gorgeous production (pun intended) make for a work sonic perfection. Not mention CyHi stole the album with that incredible So Appalled verse. The outro to Runaway is the greatest piece of music ever in my opinion.

Favourite songs: Devil in a new Dress, Runaway, Dark Fantasy, Monster, So Appalled, Lost in the World, All of the Lights, Power

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

An incredible display of intellect, wit, wisdom and lyricism from THE greatest rapper of all time. In his magnum opus work, he blends seamless, smooth flows over some incredible, sprawling, primarily piano driven beats. There's simply not a bad song on this record, and his incredible lyrics and delivery on D'Evils could move a man to tears.

Favourite songs - D'Evils, Dead Presidents II, Feelin' it, Can't Knock the Hustle, 22 Two's, Can I live, Brooklyn's Finest.

Kanye West - Late Registration

My favourite album of all time, hands down, no doubt. Kanye's best record is undoubtedly a top five album ever made, regardless of genre. Kanye expands on his soul-sample production he exercised in The College Dropout and takes it further by working with composer and producer Jon Brion, who adds incredible string sections to the albums' already perfect production. To top it off, Ye is at his most lyrical, dropping endless quotables, song after song. The feature list is also sublime, there's not one bad guest verse on the entire album.

Favourite songs: All of them

Madvillain (Madlib and MF DOOM) - Madvillainy

When a top five rap producer gets in the studio with the greatest lyricist of all time, you get a truly classic result.
    Madvillainy is a total lyrical onslaught over Madlib's incredible borderline experimental sample-based production. MF DOOM mostly raps from a third person perspective, giving us insight into the life of the illest villain. Note that this album contains the most lyrical track ever; Figaro. The entire album follows a strong basis on short, to the point songs, which are extremely radio un-friendly.

Favourite songs: All caps, Figaro, Shadows of Tomorrow, Accordion, Rhinestone Cowboy, Meat Grinder, America's Most Blunted

Common - Be

Common's Be is the most underrated album of the 2000's, a decade dominated by Kanye, Jay and Weezy, common brings us a refreshing, quiet storm album produced by Kanye West and the greatest producer of all time, J Dilla (RIP).
    Common brings us consistent concious bars over incredible production, and with features from Kanye and John Legend delivers a beautiful, relaxing album.

Favourite songs: Love is..., Go!. They Say..., It's Your World, Pt 1&2, Faithful, Testify

J Dilla - Donuts

In Dilla's final release three days before his death, the goat producer brings the best instrumental album of all time, which he made almost entirely on his death bed. Dilla flips soul, rock and classical musical samples into heaven with incredible beat changes and intricate sampling skills.

Favourite songs: Mash, Anti-American Graffiti, U-Love, Light my Fire, Don't Cry, Two Can Win, Dilla Says Go, One For Ghost, Last Donut of the Night, Time: Donut of the Heart, The Diff'rence

I have more but effort to type lol

DILLA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilUziVert)
    bugzy malone is from manchester tho
    drill is just from the Chi and grime is from the UK so no not really lmao
    Damn i jus meant they like sub genres of rap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HediIsLord)
    DILLA!
    J Dilla is a legend but idk bout his albums to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Damn i jus meant they like sub genres of rap
    Ok that works
    Who's your favourite 808 mafia producer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.