Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Older or younger? 14-20?
    In that age range.

(Original post by MuhammadDarcy)
    I only pray Fajr during Ramadan

and I Haven't prayed Tarawih during Ramadan in 4 years 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you'll get better soon unless your heart isn't in it..

(Original post by nerdydaydreamer)
    Okay so hey, I'm the non Muslim who commented earlier

Have you considered why you are feeling like this?
    Are you doubting your faith/struggling to believe in the teachings you have been brought up with?
    Are you feeling as though you've neglected your faith because you may have other things in the forefront of your life, and that's why you feel disconnected?
    Are you feeling as though you need to explore other religions, faiths and lifestyles?
    Are you feeling as though maybe following Islam isn't for you, or doesn't reflect who you are?

I think exploring these feelings is really important in order for you to decide who you are. And remember, if you drift away from Islam, this doesn't mean you can't go back to it in terms of your beliefs if you realise that it fits you best after all. A religion or faith should fit in with your life, your morals and who you are. Of course faith shapes a huge part of your morals and who you are, because the religious teachings you are exposed to will often have an impact on this, as will your culture and traditions, but that doesn't mean you are neglecting who you are or in the wrong from drifting away from this if you no longer feel it's best for you/who you are. If you are Muslim by upbringing rather than by exploration of faith, perhaps you are a practising Muslim, but not a believing Muslim?

I think that now you are beginning to address your feelings, it will be good for you investigate your faith and who you are a little more and decide the best course of action - perhaps you want to salvage your faith and start practising and pouring your heart into it again, or perhaps you feel that Islam is no longer for you and you should take the necessary course of action.

I wish you all the best with whatever you choose
    Aw thank you it is true that I must discover myself. I'm feeling low in life so maybe that is it. I'll Find myself soon one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    In that age range.

I'm sure you'll get better soon unless your heart isn't in it..

Aw thank you it is true that I must discover myself. I'm feeling low in life so maybe that is it. I'll Find myself soon one day.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Bingo. So how old are you then?

ReputationRep:
    Bingo. So how old are you then?
    13............... BRAH! What did I saaaaayyy?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Please don't tell me to go pray. The only thing I do is eat halal meat but I feel as if I'm slipping away from my beliefs. Anyone else like that?
    Don't stay with that certain belief then if you don't believe
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    13............... BRAH! What did I saaaaayyy?
    I was 13 about 5 years ago in 2011 lol. I feel old.

(Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Don't stay with that certain belief then if you don't believe
    I didn't say I don't believe - I just said I'm going through a point in my life where perhaps I've questioned my faith. A lot of Muslims go through it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

I didn't say I don't believe - I just said I'm going through a point in my life where perhaps I've questioned my faith. A lot of Muslims go through it.
    Well...yeah even I've questioned it

ReputationRep:

Questioning your faith is key..... It helps you see the truth in Islam! That's why I commented on your thread... Last year (2015) at one point I was questioning. But I found my answer, Allah gave it to me. You are just a late bloomer, nothing bad
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Questioning your faith is key..... It helps you see the truth in Islam! That's why I commented on your thread... Last year (2015) at one point I was questioning. But I found my answer, Allah gave it to me. You are just a late bloomer, nothing bad

I know, your wise for a little kid. . Hey aren't you the dude who was gonna snitch on his mate?

ReputationRep:
    I know, your wise for a little kid. . Hey aren't you the dude who was gonna snitch on his mate?
    For smoking weed? That was a joke!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Hi, I used to be a devout Muslim and I was brought up as one. There are strong personal reasons why I left Islam which I can't go into but I don't resent my upbringing.

I also have absolutely nothing against the religion or Muslims, they are kind people and there are plenty of good things in the religion.

I've been an ex-Muslim for nearly 3 years now. If I was to identify with any label, it would be ex-Muslim not 'atheist' not 'no religion'. My family are all Muslims but I still haven't come out to them yet.

I'm happy to answer any of your questions about what it's like to leave Islam.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    For smoking weed? That was a joke!
    You shouldn't know about weed. Your little..

(Original post by xylas)
    Hi, I used to be a devout Muslim and I was brought up as one. There are strong personal reasons why I left Islam which I can't go into but I don't resent my upbringing.

I also have absolutely nothing against the religion or Muslims, they are kind people and there are plenty of good things in the religion.

I've been an ex-Muslim for nearly 3 years now. If I was to identify with any label, it would be ex-Muslim not 'atheist' not 'no religion'. My family are all Muslims but I still haven't come out to them yet.

I'm happy to answer any of your questions about what it's like to leave Islam.
    Aw thank you. I'm sure it wasn't easier and I admire you sharing this with everyone. Everyone has their own views on beliefs and it's about time people stop preaching them forcefully on others.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't know about weed. Your little..

Aw thank you. I'm sure it wasn't easier and I admire you sharing this with everyone. Everyone has their own views on beliefs and it's about time people stop preaching them forcefully on others.
    Yeah if u don't mind I notice you saying you felt low. That also happened to me a couple of years ago. It is hard to doubt something that you grew up with and there is no way round it you just have to tough it out; whether you're able to get past these doubts or, like me, go through quite a large ideological shift instead.

I'm still pretty much exactly the same person though. I believe that people basically stay the same after adolescence, and it is very difficult indeed to go against the tide of one's upbringing.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by xylas)
    Yeah if u don't mind I notice you saying you felt low. That also happened to me a couple of years ago. It is hard to doubt something that you grew up with and there is no way round it you just have to tough it out; whether you're able to get past these doubts or, like me, go through quite a large ideological shift instead.

I'm still pretty much exactly the same person though. I believe that people basically stay the same after adolescence, and it is very difficult indeed to go against the tide of one's upbringing.
    Great insight and I do agree with your points. If your heart isn't in it then there is no point denying it and pretending to be ok with it. It's difficult but people need to accept that tines are moving forward and people are becoming differently involved in their religion. No need to judge others when you aren't perfect yourself, I hate people like that.

ReputationRep:
    Great insight and I do agree with your points. If your heart isn't in it then there is no point denying it and pretending to be ok with it. It's difficult but people need to accept that tines are moving forward and people are becoming differently involved in their religion. No need to judge others when you aren't perfect yourself, I hate people like that.
    Leave judging to the judges. Best of luck
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by xylas)
    Leave judging to the judges. Best of luck
    Haha that is true, best of luck to you too my lovely!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Me, I, non religious muslim I prefer halal and would eat halal, but I sometimes eat at nandos

ReputationRep:
    Im a muslim who isnt very religious.
    I used to be very very religious. However, I wanted to change because I felt really restricted.
    I want to enjoy myself now which I didnt do much before. I have also been going through a bit of depression problems because I was too religious and didn't focus on my worldly career/driving pursuits.
    Now I can do whatever I want. I can eat at nandos, KFC halal, Dixy chicken, etc. I can also go out and enjoy myself without anxiety.
    If you look at my last topic thread posted, you'll know why. Things weren't going well. Just want my confidence back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    Me, I, non religious muslim I prefer halal and would eat halal, but I sometimes eat at nandos
    Nandos is halal is it not? Lots of Muslims in my area eat at nandos

I guess it depends on area ofc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Completely random question but I'm curious: if a man stood before you and said he was God, and gave life to the dead right in front of you and made the rain fall from the sky on a clear sunny day and performed tonnes of miracles that you observed with your own eyes, would you accept that he's God? :holmes: I'm wondering what it would take for you to believe

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.