Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE CORE SCIENCE B1 C1 P1 Exams 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} EDEXCEL ONLY Watch

• View Poll Results: Which is your strongest subject?
    BIOLOGY
    49.59%
    CHEMISTRY
    32.79%
    PHYSICS
    17.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taran001)
    I have a feeling its disposing polymers and recycling
    Yep that's what I'm thinking

(Original post by OHH_MY_DAYZ:b)
    what type of question do you think they could ask on disposing polymers?
    How they're disposed of, the problems with it etc. (non biodegradable, some polymers are made of starch and cellulose so they can break down, others have starch grains in them) perhaps drawing different polymers and their uses e.g. poly(chloroethene), poly(tetrafluorine), poly(propene) and poly(ethene). How recycling is useful (means they don't have to make more polymers which requires a catalyst, pressure and high temps to can be expensive) and the disadvantages (they have to be sorted first) etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I am having the exam at 9:00 tomorrow so everybody thank you for visiting this thread and good luck for the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)

How they're disposed of, the problems with it etc. (non biodegradable, some polymers are made of starch and cellulose so they can break down, others have starch grains in them) perhaps drawing different polymers and their uses e.g. poly(chloroethene), poly(tetrafluorine), poly(propene) and poly(ethene). How recycling is useful (means they don't have to make more polymers which requires a catalyst, pressure and high temps to can be expensive) and the disadvantages (they have to be sorted first) etc etc
    Omfg I'm so screwed for this exam if that comes up. Chemistry is my weakest subject by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Omfg I'm so screwed for this exam if that comes up. Chemistry is my weakest subject by far
    it's only a prediction! I could be 100% wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)

oh right thank you

ReputationRep:
    My teacher reckons the six markers will be something like the formation of rocks (igenous, sedimentary and metamorphic) or maybe something to do with electrolysis and reactivity. I really hope it's as easy as the biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHH_MY_DAYZ:b)
    what type of question do you think they could ask on disposing polymers?
    The problems of disposing polymers perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Im guessing early atmosphere it will be about titan and mars etc

ReputationRep:
    Omfg guys is it bad that I don't know what the calcium cycle is? I didn't even know that was part of the spec. What is that???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Omfg guys is it bad that I don't know what the calcium cycle is? I didn't even know that was part of the spec. What is that???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoppus)
    me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they mean calcium carbonate cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone explain Iron Seeding to me! PLEASE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMasterofLife)
    Someone explain Iron Seeding to me! PLEASE...
    Iron seeding is a process which can be used to decrease CO2 levels in the atmosphere.

Iron is an element that's needed for plants to photosynthesise. Injecting iron into the upper level of the ocean can cause phytoplankton to bloom. The phytoplankton photosynthesises and removes co2 from the air.

However, we cannot control which phytoplankton will grow. Some can be toxic. Microorganisms that decompose the dead plankton uses up the oxygen when they respire and creates dead ends in the ocean. This is where nothing can live there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any one have ANY clue one what the C1 foundation paper might include? chem is my weakest!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all of you my darlings !

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone im thinking these will come up:
    - Limestone (Uses)
    - Hard polymer questions (drawing structures of tetrafoloroethene)
    - In depth early atmosphere (boiling off of atmosphere into space)

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    Good Luck everyone im thinking these will come up:
    - Limestone (Uses)
    - Hard polymer questions (drawing structures of tetrafoloroethene)
    - In depth early atmosphere (boiling off of atmosphere into space)
    what do you mean boiling it off?

ReputationRep:
    Great paper again, last 6 marker was horrible im just hoping i didnt loose too many marks as i didnt revise that

ReputationRep:
    So guys, the 6 markers...
    First one
    Link properties of steel, copper and aluminium to their uses. And also reasons why metals are recycled?

Second one
    Describe cracking of paraffin in a small labatory, and why do oil companies need to carry out cracking?

It's obviously not the perfect wording but it was along those lines. What did everyone answer and think of the questions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.