Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Why?
    Pretty much what LP said. We just don't have the same level of policy for Constitutional Reform as we do for the other offices so felt it'd be better to convert it into a MoS Position

(Original post by Life_peer)
    The lack of viable policy at the moment would put inadequate pressure on the former SoS since the demands they have to meet are considerably higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Because the liberals like non positions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh, criticising the coalition partner in public already?

(Original post by Life_peer)
    The lack of viable policy at the moment would put inadequate pressure on the former SoS since the demands they have to meet are considerably higher.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, criticising the coalition partner in public already?

Fair enough.
    Is this a banter free zone now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Is this a banter free zone now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'Bantaaaaaahh' typically comes with a emoji.

ReputationRep:
    Given the Prime Minister has put himself forward for Speaker, is he not serious about undertaking either this role or his role as PM?

If neither is the case, why has 10 Downing Street lost its lustre so soon?

ReputationRep:
    As the former Secretary for Constitutional reform there was very little to do, but I would have preferred to have been consulted beforehand properly to see whether the position could have been converted into something similar or even new. Nevertheless I accept the changes and will continue to deliver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    As the former Secretary for Constitutional reform there was very little to do, but I would have preferred to have been consulted beforehand properly to see whether the position could have been converted into something similar or even new. Nevertheless I accept the changes and will continue to deliver.
    Hang on, so the minister whose department was being moved wasn't even consulted properly on the move?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, so the minister whose department was being moved wasn't even consulted properly on the move?
    I am quite sure he was offline.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't emailed prior to it. I was at college so I couldn't exactly just pop up and say hey what about me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I am quite sure he was offline.
    So either extremely inactive members are given Cabinet posts or this decision was made in an extreme rush for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    We move quickly in government, you either keep up or you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    We move quickly in government, you either keep up or you don't.
    So you make decisions without properly consulting and without considering any possible consequences?

ReputationRep:
    So either extremely inactive members are given Cabinet posts or this decision was made in an extreme rush for whatever reason.
    He's not inactive, I'm just not going to discuss the reasons because it's not my reasons to discuss. No need to be nosey.

ReputationRep:
    So you make decisions without properly consulting and without considering any possible consequences?
    The leadership had very properly consulted eachother, and all consequences were thought through.

I'd also like to mention that it was my idea

ReputationRep:
    The leadership had very properly consulted eachother, and all consequences were thought through.

I'd also like to mention that it was my idea
    Well clearly not if the relevant minister didn't even have time to return home from college before the proposal had been proposed, debated and decided upon.

ReputationRep:
    Well clearly not if the relevant minister didn't even have time to return home from college before the proposal had been proposed, debated and decided upon.
    #efficiency

ReputationRep:
    #efficiency
    Random but, you are most conservative Conservative I have ever ever met.

ReputationRep:
    Try telling that to Jammy Duel or any of the other skeptics.

ReputationRep:
    Try telling that to Jammy Duel or any of the other skeptics.
    I suppose you even speak like a tory from the 19th century?

ReputationRep:
    He used to be the most Labour Labourite I'd ever met.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.