Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the circle question where "a second tangent was parallel to the first tangent" what did you guys get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xandieman)
    For the circle question where "a second tangent was parallel to the first tangent" what did you guys get?
    i think i got y=2x+10

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the completing the square one,then finding the maximum point? was it (3,22)?

ReputationRep:
    For a couple of questions I wrote a couple of methods/answers - would the examiner mark all my working - or would I get 0 as I wrote more than one method?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got that duncat

ReputationRep:
    For that question 4+12x+2x^2, I read that as 12x^2... will I get carried workings for the next question? I completed the square for it 100% correctly just misread the question...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=duncant;64915977]what did everyone get for the completing the square one,then finding the maximum point? was it (3,22)?

Thats what i put... Wasnt sure about the minus in front of the whole thing but i put (3,22) and i think i put something like -(x-3)^2+22

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=julesaquilina;64916077]
    (Original post by duncant)
    what did everyone get for the completing the square one,then finding the maximum point? was it (3,22)?

Thats what i put... Wasnt sure about the minus in front of the whole thing but i put (3,22) and i think i put something like -(x-3)^2+22
    I think i put -2(x-3)^2+22

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    i think i got y=2x+10
    I thought as it was parallel to the first tangent that it was y=3x+10 as for the first tangent I got a gradient of 3

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=duncant;64916135]
    I got 3,22 as well

ReputationRep:
    when translating the curve by vector [3,0], was the new curve supposed to be drawn on the left or the right of the original?

ReputationRep:
    The answer to the first one was 4x^2 - 9 ?

ReputationRep:
    How are the maths grades calculated?

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for 2^k surds question with 5x 4^2/3 + 3x14^1/3?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=duncant;64916135]
    yes actually i put -2 as well

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for question 9 which was the inequality of k to have two real roots?

ReputationRep:
    Were you meant to sketch the translation graph. I think it was just explaining it.

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure it was just explaining

ReputationRep:
    Whats the general consensus? Did everyone find it as hard as I did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_lewis7)
    Whats the general consensus? Did everyone find it as hard as I did?
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.