Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honest Opinions: What do you think about homosexuality? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This was bloody brilliant :rofl:

(Original post by slade p)
    My view is that homosexuality should not be normalised legally or by society. It should be practised privately.
    Great to know we still live in the 1970s :ahee:
    When 'in private' was interpreted to mean noone in the same building so consequently was massively restricting for everyone involved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Yeah, right... because you're not the child for feeling queasey when you see two men in-love. ****ing grow up.
    Hey, you can't help being gay, I can't help being put off by gay sex. I guess we are in the same boat after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So if homosexuality is wrong because we cannot reproduce, does that not mean sex between elderly or infertile couples is also wrong?
    No that isn't wrong. The elderly may not physically be able to do the deed and can't have children because of the woman going into menopause. As for infertile couples, that is due to health problems and is out of their control.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    I don't really have an opinion on homosexuality so that's a toughie. I don't think its a good idea to be holding hand in public. And before anyone verbally attacks me and claim that I have a problem, I don't. Its just not a safe thing to do and will get bad reactions.

I probably would be a bit surprised, and weirded out. Like "woah! Two gay men holdin hands in public!" Then walk away, reflect on it, tell my parents, friends, then stop talking about it. That's how I reaction to interesting things that usually don't happen.

I seen gay people, one gay couple at a restaurant, had a gay substitute teacher and had a full term gay principal. Although they never openly said I'm gay it was pretty obvious they were. Two gay men holding hands would be the first and new to me. I seen gay couples in media, and manga but in reality holding hands? Its just a new feel to me. The two bi people I somewhat know personally talk about the relationship they been but never actually saw anything like that up close and personal.

Its one thing to read a manga revolve it, and seeing a tv show with a gay couple (Ian + Mickey Shameless USA version ) but seeing two gay men holding hands ? I don't know.

I just think its not safe or worth it. Transgenders males (men who think they're women) do get murdered once and a while but I mainly think its a lack of communication on the transgender's part. Oh well.. On to gays. I rarely hear news bout people killing gays. Some people may be disgusted by homosexuality but they won't go on a gay hunt. Holding hands may be just as bad as kissing.

Men/boys do call each other **** for too affection or physical. Not cuz they expect them to be gay but as an insult. Most people will spew all the bullcrap about how accepting they are of gay people but deep down they don't roll that way. They get real uncomfortable when you make a scene. People do not care how gay you are as long you don't make into a show.
    I think you mean trans women.

What 'lack of communication'? Trans women are assaulted, raped and murdered for just walking down the street. Maybe you should blame the cis people who attack them, not the trans women who just want to be themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask why you actually oppose it? I mean, we are no different to you? We are human and we are looking for love, much like you would likely be looking for someone of the opposite sex. I didn't choose to be homosexual, do you think people like me choose it?
    Yes, I think you do. Not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I think you mean trans women.

What 'lack of communication'? Trans women are assaulted, raped and murdered for just walking down the street. Maybe you should blame the cis people who attack them, not the trans women who just want to be themselves.
    No. I'm pretty sure I mean transgender males. That was not a typo nor mistake. As in women who are biologically male. Remember sex =/= gender? Although I don't actually believe in it but I'm going to assume you do.

Transgender males who don't tell the unaware partners of their gender/sex do get harmed. So, yeah. I believe its a lack of communication on their part. I'm aware transgender males do get harm just like women do but I'm thinking about not disclosing their past and gender/sex. Abusive men will abuse anyone that appears and are weaker than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    No. I'm pretty sure I mean transgender males. That was not a typo nor mistake. As in women who are biologically male. Remember sex =/= gender? Although I don't actually believe in it but I'm going to assume you do.

Transgender males who don't tell the unaware partners of their gender/sex do get harmed. So, yeah. I believe its a lack of communication on their part. I'm aware transgender males do get harm just like women do but I'm thinking about not disclosing their past and gender/sex. Abusive men will abuse anyone that appears and are weaker than them.
    Are you condoning that or ... ?
    There's no excuse to abuse someone no matter what, so actually what you're doing is victim blaming - you might want to stop that

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and openly homosexual. A boy I'm speaking to and me have discussed holding hands in public but I'm personally scared of doing that in fear of being tormented or even being the victim of hate crime.

What are your honest opinions on homosexuality? How would you react if you saw a gay couple in the street? What's it like around your area where you live in terms of hate crime and gay people?
    How do u find other people with the same orientation as you? I go to a sixth form college and there's literally no one else, and since i'm still in the closet it just makes me feel like such an outsider sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle1198)
    Are you condoning that or ... ?
    There's no excuse to abuse someone no matter what, so actually what you're doing is victim blaming - you might want to stop that
    Victim blaming? How am I victim blaming? The truth is abusive men will abuse anyone that they think they can easily abuse. You do realize women can be capable of being physically, emotionally, and mentally abuse too right? No one deserves to be abuse by anyone but do you think abusive men/women care that they abuse people? No, they don't. That's the nature of abusive men/women. They do not care. It doesn't matter if the person is big, they will try to abuse them if they think they can get away with it.

So if a man abuses his smaller and physically weaker wife and I say abusive men usually target anyone they think they can abuse, somehow I shifted all the blame on her? I guess saying abusive men have particular taste of women to abuse just like serial killers seek certain victims somehow the same as saying a women getting raped is her fault. Ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.