Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did you know a recent study in 2014 said that 52% of females play videogames?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ry-doesnt-know

(Idk if the guardian is a reliable source)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    I can consider myself a gamer but I'm like RPG and action adventure types of games (for example Assassin's Creed or Quantum Break, Misao and so many more) I'm not the type to play COD etc. I have lots of female friends who love videogames just like me but I will never call myself a "female gamer"

did you know a recent study in 2014 said that 52% of females play videogames?

Really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by govtandpolitics)
    Really
    Yes, shocking isn't it 😊

ReputationRep:
    Yes, shocking isn't it 😊
    Yeah! "Yet the stereotype that games are a pastime for adolescent boys is an enduring one, and one that is perpetuated by the aggressive marketing of many big-budget games."
    That's from the article and that's what I meant by this thread

ReputationRep:

That's pretty cool. I know quite a lot of girls who play games now; it's really not as much of a big deal as it used to be. Myself included xD

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, when are you considered a gamer? The only games I play are most of the halos and naruto so do you have to like stuff like C.O.D?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    I was wondering, when are you considered a gamer? The only games I play are most of the halos and naruto so do you have to like stuff like C.O.D?
    Nah, absolutely not. In my opinion anyways. I personally don't like CoD, LoL and lots of other popular stuff, but play other games like Assassin's Creed, Fallout, LoZ, etc.
    I think one is considered a gamer if they treat gaming like a hobby which they enjoy regularly in their free time, and don't just play Candy Crush occasionally.
    Naruto games are pretty cool by the way. I am yet to play Halo but have been thinking about it for a while now.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sahra30013)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are considered a gamer if you play games that aren't FaceBook games (e.g. Farmville). :lol:

ReputationRep:

Not surprising as it's including Candy crush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    You are considered a gamer if you play games that aren't FaceBook games (e.g. Farmville). :lol:

Does Neopets count
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Does Neopets count
    Yes ! !
    And Club Penguin too ! !
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Does Neopets count
    God damn right neopets counts, that **** is hardcore!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Club Penguin's more advanced though, it's for the real gamers!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by haiena)
    nah, absolutely not. In my opinion anyways. I personally don't like cod, lol and lots of other popular stuff, but play other games like assassin's creed, fallout, loz, etc.
    I think one is considered a gamer if they treat gaming like a hobby which they enjoy regularly in their free time, and don't just play candy crush occasionally.
    Naruto games are pretty cool by the way. I am yet to play halo but have been thinking about it for a while now. :d
    Don't get halo 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Yes this guy gets it!

(Original post by serah.exe)
    Club Penguin's more advanced though, it's for the real gamers!
    Getting banned on club penguin back when you were in year 5 because you were a badman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by govtandpolitics)
    Its often thought that girls aren't as good on COD or other video games as boys are. I disagree with this and it annoys me when boys believe that girls cant be better than them and it also annoys me that girls are sometimes criticized over the fact they may play video games as it is seen as a boy thing?
    COD seriously ? Thats like saying girls arn't good at noughts and crosses.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a gamer chick who literally played games all day when I had the time and no distractions. My parents brought me a gamecube, nintendo ds, and a wii for christmas. Not in one X-Mas though. Am i still classified as a gamer person if I have a phone for the purpose of playing games? Lol.

I play games cuz theyre fun. If I end up getting a b/f cuz I play games and he thinks its attractive, that's a plus. Girls play games. It just that "girl" games and "boy" games are different. Girl games are usually cutesy, and guy games are most violent and more action, i guess.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Getting banned on club penguin back when you were in year 5 because you were a badman
    Year 2:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love playing video games, I'm good at the LEGO ones and mario kart and although I enjoy GTA and COD, I am rubbish at them and always get killed straight away when I play online, so I usually just stick to the story. I also love the sims!!

ReputationRep:
    gamer grills

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.