Chemistry unit 6 June 2016

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehodax)
    At least know the simple chromatography for seperation of the amino acids.
    Don't forget the different types of chromatography and ofcourse the phases and most of all learn the technique, it may come as a question in the form of parts

(Original post by abdullahharis)
    Don't forget the different types of chromatography and ofcourse the phases and most of all learn the technique, it may come as a question in the form of parts
    Which past paper have you seen it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorable98)
    Which past paper have you seen it ?
    I don't quite recall which paper however there is a likely chance that a question like this may come and you could always refer your notes or the text book

This question doesn't make sense in (iv).
    the iron (ii) sulfate was titrated with a solution of acidified potassium manganate(VII) but the value was lower than (v)

whereas (v) was measured using an ecell and it's value was higher than iv.

So shouldn't the answer be Fe2+ was oxidised by potassium manganate or am I reading the whole question wrong ??

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf

Question 2(c)(viii)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Whenever you see 'white' and a transition metal in the same sentence, this will always be the way to go about it as all transition metal compounds are coloured unless they have full d orbitals.
    Thank you!! Do you know the difference between a high resolution and low resolution NMR other than the high allow for the splitting pattern to be observed ? And for the NMR spectrum, the hydrogen environments that are shielded, their chemical shift will be closer to zero or much further from zero ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Thank you!! Do you know the difference between a high resolution and low resolution NMR other than the high allow for the splitting pattern to be observed ? And for the NMR spectrum, the hydrogen environments that are shielded, their chemical shift will be closer to zero or much further from zero ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know what chemical shift actually is? The only real difference between high and low res is being able to see splitting patterns

ReputationRep:
    WHAT IN THE NAME OF HOTH WAS THAT!?
    An excuse for slaughter, that paper :L

ReputationRep:
    Felt like it was a Unit 4 or Unit 5 paper. It wasn't that difficult in hindsight, but I will not do well because I expect grade boundaries to be a little steep.

Edit: most of my friends believe that the scaling will be similar to that of the Jan paper. I do hope so!

ReputationRep:
    It was more of a theorical practical paper T_T my equilibrium answers are pretty ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    Thats was SO BAD... It couldn't be worse. Will and when would we get a theoretical mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    i died

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to cry 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think grade boundaries are going to be low.... Hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    What was the Kc value ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelina johnson)
    What was the Kc value ?
    Don't discuss the paper within 12 hours. You will only raise the grade boundaries.

That being said, I kept getting 0.056 for that show that question, wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RizK)
    Don't discuss the paper within 12 hours. You will only raise the grade boundaries.

SAME! Then i went ahead a subtracted from the initial moles and got 0.097 lol so close idk what happened

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how to find the moles in question no. 2??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RizK)

No, it's alright to discuss IAL straight away because most people sit the exams at the same time. TSR closes down the threads for the ones that aren't fine to discuss.

Anyway, what were all of your errors for the last experiment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbuttermelon)
    same! Then i went ahead a subtracted from the initial moles and got 0.097 lol so close idk what happened
    oh my god
    i forgot that step
    i screwed up the next one too

ReputationRep:
    WHY EDEXCEL WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US?? :cry:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.