Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: What grade do you think you got in AQA psychology paper 1?
    A
    28.07%
    B
    34.21%
    C
    18.42%
    D
    9.65%
    E
    3.51%
    U
    6.14%

ReputationRep:
    I think for the multiple choice question about the Romanian Orphans, it wasn't the choice about it being unethical because it's about separation. Rutter didn't separate them, he just took advantage of the situation so I think that was a trick option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    The question was regarding the Working Memory Model.
    Im pretty sure it was multi store memory too? Could be wrong though

ReputationRep:
    The question was regarding the Working Memory Model.
    Trust me there was a four marker on the multi memory as well as a working memory one, they were both worded very similarly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBuxton34)
    I was taught
    66% secure
    22% Type A
    12% Type C
    I was taught 70% 15% 15% on simplypsychology

(Original post by AdimG)
    Imo and as other people seem to have already mentioned for me it was the actual understanding of the question and what to write that was the hardest part that most people seem to have done Baddely on. The actual answers themselves weren't too difficult
    Agreed, overall, I think this paper was quite decent and not too harsh. I was really scared about the attachment section and ADDIDDAS, Recprocity, etc etc. Thank God that stuff didn't come up and it only revolved around Mary Ainsworth

ReputationRep:
    I put these too! Also unsure if they're right, anyone else?

(Original post by maxtheloo)
    what did everyone put in the multiple choice for romanian studies, i put the compare control and long term/ short term, is those 2 right ???!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashahunter27)
    Did anyone notice the fact that there were two research methods questions in the paper? I feel like they shouldn't have been there as they weren't relevent to social influence they were purely research methods questions?
    The specification paper does outline research methods is also in Paper 1 along with maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethlmx)
    Variations, I put nature of the task so how hard it was and when the participant had a friend with them like a confederate that was saying the correct answers
    Yep thats correct!! Task difficulty and unanimity- did you say any statistics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna096)
    Did anybody else mess up the 6 marker on LTM? I reread the question too many times and changed my answer to link all the types of LTM to one example!! So annoyed!
    This was very easy. The three types were Procedural, Episodic and Semantic.

Annie was Procedure
    Gab was Episodic
    and the last guy or girl was Semantic. 6 words 6 marks.

ReputationRep:
    What are people predicting the grade boundaries will be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roastedcrumbs)
    Flexibility- show compromise e.g. Say they could go to the beach whilst travelling

Consistency- not changing his mind, repeatedly talking about going travellinh

Commitment- giving his friends an ultimatum e.g. He won't join them in the holiday unless they go travelling

I put augmentation principle, snowball effect and deeper processing for the 3 behaviours! Do you think this would count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newsome1999)
    Trust me there was a four marker on the multi memory as well as a working memory one, they were both worded very similarly
    Yes i've just remembered! Sorry! Ye for the 4 Marker the wording was "Outline what psychological research has found about the short term memory with regards to the MSM" So i just talked about coding capacity and duration and briefly mentioned baddeley

ReputationRep:
    If ya'll just wanna talk about the exam or stress something or even troll to get anger out of your system

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

here you go!
    Don't ruin the unofficial mark scheme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweensie)
    I wrote about diachronic synchrony when talking about consistency with marcus, will i lose marks?
    I think you may have got the term mixed up; the two types of consistency are diachronic consistency and synchronic consistency. However, you'd only lose 2 (or possibly even just 1 if you explained it correctly) out of the 6 marks so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    This was very easy. The three types were Procedural, Episodic and Semantic.

Annie was Procedure
    Gab was Episodic
    and the last guy or girl was Semantic. 6 words 6 marks.
    Incorrect, for simply stating the name and the type you'd get a MAX of 3. You need to explain why each person shows they're using that type of LTM for the other 3 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HBeau)
    I put augmentation principle, snowball effect and deeper processing for the 3 behaviours! Do you think this would count?
    Hmm not too sure about snowball effect :/ augmentation principle probably will and deeper processing does make sense so i wouldnt worry too much if i were you

ReputationRep:
    Incorrect, for simply stating the name and the type you'd get a MAX of 3. You need to explain why each person shows they're using that type of LTM for the other 3 .
    I did explain when i had 30 extra minutes at the end.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote confidence instead of consistency for the first question and carried that on in the second part😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HBeau)
    I wonder too! I put drawing attention, consistency and snowball effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPanimadPJO)
    Im pretty sure it was multi store memory too? Could be wrong though
    wrong, it only spoke about WM

ReputationRep:
    For the first question (Marcus one) I put the behaviors as being consistency, persuasiveness and confidence - would these be right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.