The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Answered Source A instead of Source C for the History Paper 1 AS this year 10 marks down the drain!
I wrote 2*2=2 in one of my further maths exam.... this is legit yo i lost 4 marks
Reply 202
friend of mine missed out section 2 of physics exam (worth 90 marks) and only diod section 1 (20 marks) for the prelim
In my A-level Chemistry Paper 5, we had to calculate a gradient that's equivalent to rate. Easy peasy, right? Guess not. Somehow I got -2680, went over it like 5 times and still got same answer. Then my mind just went 'nooo way that's right'. Did some stupid overthinking and divided by 1000 to get it down to -2.68 for a reason which I don't even know. After the exam, all of my mates got this -2680 thing too but just left it there...
Reply 204
In the aqa igcse biology paper 1 last week there was a 5 mark question on describing how to use quadrats. They had a picture of quadrats and other equipment so I thought that they were trying to trick me so I didn't even write about quadrats and instead I wrote some random crap that is probably gonna get me no marks. Stupid I know!!!
6x + 45 = 555
6x = 1000

Just did it in a practice paper in maths today. I asked my teacher why x is a decimal (it shouldn't be in the context of the question) and they just laughed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thought a hexagon had 5 sides. Did a whole 6-mark shape-based question thinking this was true.
i have a very annoying habit of routinely doing 2*3=5 :angry: i lost 8 marks on a maths mock for that one last week
Reply 208
Year 9 geography. Said Bangladesh was a More economically developed country than USA.
not turn up for mock exams or legit exams

still got into uni

oh yeaaaa :cool: :smug:
I wrote "orgasm" instead of "organism" oops..:/
I went on Monday to school thinking it was the history exam panicking
Everyone started laughing at me because it wasn't on Monday, it's actually tomorrow
LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BTREDinnick
But what if you are called Maria?

Well yes that would've been an escape but I'm not called Maria unfortunately :colonhash:
Reply 213
Quadratic equations.... ax^2 + bx + c. Forgot the = 0. Cost me a mark which pushed me into the A boundary in the mock from an A*... Never again. :angry:
In my GCSE English lit exam I did the wrong section so basically every poem or whatever I was writing about was unseen and I hadn't studied at all

tbh I didn't pay attention for the entire year, I had no idea what we were studying :biggrin:
In my Geography exam, there's 8 30-mark sections on different topics. We're supposed to answer the questions for the 4 topics we've learned. Someone in my class attempted to answer all 8 sections and she was then really annoyed that she didn't know half of the answers and ran out of time even though she'd revised. She didn't make that mistake again in this year's resit! (I think)
I spent a good 10 minutes tryna work out a side they had already given me in maths, then I realised the mistake and overall it took me like 15 minutes
Reply 217
Wrote "SOHCAHTOA" instead of "Krakatoa" in the geography exam yesterday. :redface:
I had just finished one of my GCSE exams (2012), and they were letting rows of people out in "half rows" (from the back half of the line, then the front half) as in half of the row went, whilst half stayed til the half-line of people had gone.
I was one person below the half line, but thought (as I wasn't concentrating) that the whole line had been let go.

So I stood up, realising that the person behind me (with no one behind her) had not stood up, but then it was too late.
I couldn't sit back down and face humiliation, so I kept walking for my bag, at the back of the hall.

EVERYONE was looking, and I just grabbed my bag and left. It was SO EMBARRASSING.
Not me, but my friend wrote that her 'casa' was 'guapa' instead of beautiful
Guapa is spanish for hot, basically

Latest