Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EUSHA)
    but cracking also does that
    cracking doesn't form hydrogen always right. idk but my notes had hydrogen as a valuable by product of reforming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistryAYS)
    what did everyone get in the multiple choice for the amount of moles of water in every hydrated mole of the substance
    I got 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimiastc)
    probally a really stupid question but which was the smallest with the ions mcq i.e. mg plus or LI plus or O 2minus i can't really remember the options...

also the first stage of separating the mgcl thing ?????
    Smallest ion is Mg2+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandy_Vega30)
    Smallest ion is Mg2+
    yay! thanks, everyone at my school said different things so wasn't sure haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userk 12)
    cracking doesn't form hydrogen always right. idk but my notes had hydrogen as a valuable by product of reforming
    I looked it up in google it was A i think

ReputationRep:
    Isn't reforming the process in which straight-chain molecules are converted to branched forms? If so, it should be A, coz that was the only one forming an alkene.
    I did same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimiastc)
    yay! thanks, everyone at my school said different things so wasn't sure haha
    Your Welcome! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamadtype-)
    but whats the difference between A and B. I was struggling to figure out which one it was but I ended up writing B ( the one with two alkenes and hydrogen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamadtype-)
    Yay!!!!!!!! I Love you! :heart::banana:

ReputationRep:
    Could someone remind me what the options were relevant to A B C D for the reforming question? I remember my answer but not the letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userk 12)
    Hydrogen was a must product i chose A for that

ReputationRep:
    Isn't reforming the process in which straight-chain molecules are converted to branched forms? If so, it should be A, coz that was the only one forming an alkene.
    I also did A and hydrogen was also a by product right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBioBombastic)
    I also did A and hydrogen was also a by product right?
    Yes!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! That makes sense! Damn it!
    But A was the right answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistryAYS)
    what did everyone get in the multiple choice for the amount of moles of water in every hydrated mole of the substance
    6 moles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicPhantom007)
    i wrote that amount of polymers may increase but to a little extent as percentages are low
    I also wrote it will increase coz methane was 90%

ReputationRep:
    It made sense because large compunds like Decane are reformed to cyclohexane and stuff. I got side tracked by that. Smaller molecules such as C4H10 are reformed into an alkene and H2. SO, for our case, i think its safe to say that A is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    It made sense because large compounds like Decane are reformed to cyclohexane and stuff. I got side tracked by that. Smaller molecules such as C4H10 are reformed into an alkene and H2. SO, for our case, i think its safe to say that A is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know which letter the choice was that showed a cyclic compound. However I'm getting confused by everyones responses because according to CGP "Reforming converts alkanes into aromatic hydrocarbons". Which source have you guys used to say it's just branched?

ReputationRep:
    Yay!!!!!!!! I Love you! :heart::banana:
    I got this from wikipedia which shows that the answer is probably D

Link:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_reforming

Name:  image.png
Views: 162
Size:  205.5 KB
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.