Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    These solutions were of infinite help to me during my A-levels and undoubtedly was a key factor in me getting an A*. Shame it won't be available to future students, but thanks a lot for all your help.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that if the actual questions were covered then they could not do anything about it.

If I was interested to post the solutions for the benefit of the students I would cover the question, write in the space say "binomial theorem question" and write the solutions as before. Most students which just did the exam will remember the questions anyway

At present I have 2 sets of solutions to the C2, provided through TSR, by different users and nobody cares or can do anything about it.

This is the way forward imo

This is not about mocks and all the rest. It is just somebody in Pearson being difficult, asserting their authority and rights

(Original post by TeeEm)
    I personally think that if the actual questions were covered then they could not do anything about it.

If I was interested to post the solutions for the benefit of the students I would cover the question, write in the space say "binomial theorem question" and write the solutions as before. Most students which just did the exam will remember the questions anyway

At present I have 2 sets of solutions to the C2, provided through TSR, by different users and nobody cares or can do anything about it.

This is the way forward imo

This is not about mocks and all the rest. It is just somebody in Pearson being difficult, asserting their authority and rights
    In terms of copyright there is obviously nothing they can do about someone posting solutions without including their questions. I doubt there is much they can do about someone posting solutions on the question paper as it has been modified. Regardless, the point is, however futile, they don't want the paper or solutions posted as it damages the credibility of mock exams for centres that choose to use the last series paper.

(Original post by TeeEm)
    that isn't true. The person in question is actually a really nice bloke and very helpful, I have a lot of respect for him; he was expressing his disappointment/frustration that the papers and solutions were appearing online... and I get that but I think the reason about them being used as mocks is naive.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Arsey)
    that isn't true. The person in question is actually a really nice bloke and very helpful, I have a lot of respect for him; he was expressing his disappointment/frustration that the papers and solutions were appearing online... and I get that but I think the reason about them being used as mocks is naive.
    From their point of view, it's a lot easier to ask a few teachers to stop posting solutions than prepare mock papers each year.

But preventing teachers posting papers won't change much. There will still be solutions every year that may or may not include the questions. Students wanting to cheat on their mocks will always be able to cheat if they try hard enough.

Using the previous year's papers as mocks isn't realistic anymore and Edexcel should realise this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Is it graham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still don't see how private candidates then fit into this (the whole mock exam argument). Actual model solutions are perfect revision for just about anyone. I myself find the published mark schemes hard to follow because they're just that - the necessary working to score each mark.

Anyways, I thought they made separate exams for timezones greater than 5 hours from the UK. I don't think many sit A-level exams in the Americas so surely it's reasonable to assume that come 12-2pm in the UK, most; if not all people would have sat the exam. So that shouldn't be a worry.

I do honestly think the only argument they have is copyright, but I feel that's a weak stand myself. I'm not educated in copyright law, so I suppose I can't really comment. It seems like a mountain has been made out of this issue when it really needn't be like that. Can no agreement or compromise be made?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel C2 S16 Solutions

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65203983
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Hi A,

I didn't care much for the pop Graham made about your reasons for posting solutions. You can see from the comments that students here deeply appreciate the help you have provided over the years.

Best wishes and respect,

M.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the spec changing in 2017?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    With all due respect, I don't think it's the best idea to throw around names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    With all due respect, I don't think it's the best idea to throw around names.
    everybody knows who graham is, "grahams emporium" etc hes the main man in edexcel maths.

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand where Edexcel are coming from but if they really think that the papers will never get out there before they put them up online themselves then they need to get a reality check
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    ???
    Seemed like Arsey was trying to avoid using G's name.

(Original post by edothero)
    Isn't the spec changing in 2017?
    yh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Seemed like Arsey was trying to avoid using G's name.
    It's fine. He's a big boy.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    everybody knows who graham is, "grahams emporium" etc hes the main man in edexcel maths.
    :getmecoat: :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    It's fine. He's a big boy.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I've been tutoring in Maths since around 2009 and I have found Arsey's model answers quite the most useful resource anywhere on the net. I give them to AQA and OCR tutees as well: here is how to set out an answer in Maths. I would hope that the answers can still be put up 12 months later. The examiners' answers are for the examiners, not for students, unlike Arsey's. (Self-aggrandisement! What a ridiculous comment.)

I have also taught myself S2 almost entirely via Arsey's answers: more succinct than the books.

Many thanks indeed to Arsey for his efforts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.