Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Okay, I reckon 45-46 for an A, small things catch you out. I was so happy at seeing SF6 I immediately wrote octahedral without reading the question LOOOL.
    I hope it's 45-46 for an A oh my

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigzman123)
    Nope becuase it dosnt you have to round your answer
    @bigzman so this would gain both marks?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Poop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Poop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieMonster786)
    :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A part of me thinks it's a bit too high. A lot of things caught out many students but wishful thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    A part of me thinks it's a bit too high. A lot of things caught out many students but wishful thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think it's too high....I mean tbh looking at it I probs got bang on C....meaning this resit was absolutely pointless.....I wanna cry!!!:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieMonster786)
    Yeah I think it's too high....I mean tbh looking at it I probs got bang on C....meaning this resit was absolutely pointless.....I wanna cry!!!:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same I got a C last year and need high B at least!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i did HNO2 bcos it said something about there being only one product

ReputationRep:
    If you put the electronic configuration for ga3+ would they mark you down even though I included ga3+= 1s2....
    In an ideal world I hope they would just ignore that, also do you get a mark for explaning the reactivity for the two chosen test tubes as it just said state I didnt bother with that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anybody know why the answer for the lowest fourth ionisation energy is Silicon (Si) rather than Argon (Ar) considering Argon has the most shielding? My logic is that Argon has more electrons than Si AND more electron shells thus, there is more repulsion meaning less nuclear attraction and so the outer electron on the 4th ionisation energy is more easily lost. Am I missing something obvious here? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kralamoonard)
    Hey, does anybody know why the answer for the lowest fourth ionisation energy is Silicon (Si) rather than Argon (Ar) considering Argon has the most shielding? My logic is that Argon has more electrons than Si AND more electron shells thus, there is more repulsion meaning less nuclear attraction and so the outer electron on the 4th ionisation energy is more easily lost. Am I missing something obvious here? :P
    si has 4 electrons in outer shell,
    its easier to remove the last electron in the valence shell than remove the fourth electron from a shell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derek12353)
    si has 4 electrons in outer shell,
    its easier to remove the last electron in the valence shell than remove the fourth electron from a shell
    Also argon has a full electron shell. Therefore it takes more energy to remove the electrons.

ReputationRep:
    where can i find the unofficial markscheme

ReputationRep:
    Some trolls messed around with the first versions I think, but there is a uneditable version too, it would be found somewhere in this thread or threads with a similar title, but heres a thread that provides an attempted unofficial markscheme
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4123873

Technically F321 has functioned for its last year in the last exam season so I'm assuming you're trying to find the mark scheme for revising the new spec that was done for the first time last year. Ask your school teachers to get you them. Else if your school would not provide you with it as it would be mock exam material, you won't be getting it.

ReputationRep:
    Many people have been asking me to repost the pictures of this paper so here it is. Please bear in mind that I did not take these pictures and so the answers written are just a rough guess and not the official mark scheme. I presume all of the AS cohort are desperately trying to hunt for this paper before a mock exam? so good luck with your revision
    PS. a thumbs up wouldn't hurt
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    And the final page
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.