Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone just get CHO4 for the empirical formula question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenduds1234)
    Did anyone just get CHO4 for the empirical formula question?
    I think I actually did ..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 97Y)
    Yes, however, it seems to me that not everyone revised as much as they should have, they took the exam lightly and some people in my cohort dropped at least 20 marks

Remember that this year we don't have the Oxbridge lot, so, it'll still be a normal bell curve. I wouldn't worry!
    Yes that's true, thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chembio123)
    I think I actually did ..lol
    I'm worrying that I forgot to work out the % of Cu in the sample but at the same time didn't think it was needed haha:/

ReputationRep:
    I'm worrying that I forgot to work out the % of Cu in the sample but at the same time didn't think it was needed haha:/
    LOL aqa Caught us out in exam conditions - we forgot that it was a copper carbonate and even later in the paper - the p4 one caught me out - easily dropped around 15-17 marks in the paper
    Just focus on chem 2 now and the other 4th and 5th uniy exams and we can hopefully save ourselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    LOL aqa Caught us out in exam conditions - we forgot that it was a copper carbonate and even later in the paper - the p4 one caught me out - easily dropped around 15-17 marks in the paper
    Just focus on chem 2 now and the other 4th and 5th uniy exams and we can hopefully save ourselves
    Tell me about it,I've lost so many silly marks on this paper and I'm not even sure if I've done any better than last years but you're right there's nothing I can do about it now

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it,I've lost so many silly marks on this paper and I'm not even sure if I've done any better than last years but you're right there's nothing I can do about it now
    Look end of day. your human and we all make mistakes - if you tried your best thats all that matter and it will reflect in a grade
    dont dwell as by doing that we will repeat the failure of last year - keep in mind you have 140 120 120 ums still available for grabs!
    If you want to like discuss for future exam im more than likely to help or take help from you

ReputationRep:
    Look end of day. your human and we all make mistakes - if you tried your best thats all that matter and it will reflect in a grade
    dont dwell as by doing that we will repeat the failure of last year - keep in mind you have 140 120 120 ums still available for grabs!
    If you want to like discuss for future exam im more than likely to help or take help from you
    This is true. If you feel you have done badly in one exam don't let it put you down. If you let this happen you will end up doing worse on future exams than what you are really capable of. Just do what I do. Forget everything I remember about the exam and move foward. If you do bad in one exam and super well in another then it cancels out and it was sufficient enough. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    This is true. If you feel you have done badly in one exam don't let it put you down. If you let this happen you will end up doing worse on future exams than what you are really capable of. Just do what I do. Forget everything I remember about the exam and move foward. If you do bad in one exam and super well in another then it cancels out and it was sufficient enough. Good luck
    Thanks for the advice guys like you said there's no point in worrying about what is already done,fingers crossed that the grade boundaries aren't as high as last year

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys like you said there's no point in worrying about what is already done,fingers crossed that the grade boundaries aren't as high as last year
    Am sure if you prep well for chem 2 you can smash it - as they cant trick you much other than maybe study a bit of chem 5 again

ReputationRep:
    If someone can give the link to a chem2 4 5 thread as i dont want to keep seeeing the unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Am sure if you prep well for chem 2 you can smash it - as they cant trick you much other than maybe study a bit of chem 5 again
    i'm not resitting chem 2 because I got 89/100 on it last year but I'm now thinking I should be

ReputationRep:
    i'm not resitting chem 2 because I got 89/100 on
    it last year but I'm now thinking I should be
    You can do well on chem 4-5 which still has 240 ums available and its really more straight forward memory work in these units!

ReputationRep:

I don't vividly remember what I wrote but I definitely worked out the percentage of Cu C O and H :P I remember I had to reread the question. I know I got the moles and all worked out but when I worked out the mole ratio I got that answer 😳 Il prob lose a couple of marks

ReputationRep:
    You can do well on chem 4-5 which still has 240 ums available and its really more straight forward memory work in these units!
    Yeah hopefully! It's just unit 1 I hate because they know the content is easy and so make the papers difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chembio123)
    I don't vividly remember what I wrote but I definitely worked out the percentage of Cu C O and H :P I remember I had to reread the question. I know I got the moles and all worked out but when I worked out the mole ratio I got that answer 😳 Il prob lose a couple of marks
    I wish I had time to reread the question at the end and I might have picked up on the Cu,I usually always remember to make sure the percentages add up to 100

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had time to reread the question at the end and I might have picked up on the Cu,I usually always remember to make sure the percentages add up to 100
    Same here - For anyone taking chem 2 i would strongly advise going over chem 5 energetic stuff - it would not be a suprise if they throw in something with entropy linked with chem 2 extraction metals

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully! It's just unit 1 I hate because they know the content is easy and so make the papers difficult
    Totally agree. Thank god I'm not repeating Chem2 🙌🏻

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so did I, at least 15-17 it's very worrying though as that's by far the easiest paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelsarepoo)
    Yeah so did I, at least 15-17 it's very worrying though as that's by far the easiest paper
    Totally agree with you but you have to say it was a bit tricky with the 4 marks on abundances which stumped me - seems like a lot of people did make exam condition silly mistakes tho

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.