The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 2 (WBIO2) / June 10th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be if A was 63 in Jan 2016?
Reply 201
Original post by I <3 WORK
Hey thanks so much for this! Can I just ask, you know for the MCQ about Maxwell Distribution curve, wasn't the question about what would happen if temperature increased? Because in that case the peak would move down and right. Also for the ionic equation of Ag+I- did it say that you have to include state symbols?:frown:

For the maxwell one i am very sure it said decreased. Yes that was an error in the answer. As i said before cannot guarantee what's right.
Reply 202
Original post by Electrify
The question about group 2 solubilities clearly said ascended, not descended. So it should be hydroxides decrease, sulfates increase.

Sorry about that. yeah you are right
Reply 203
Original post by anujsr
For the maxwell one i am very sure it said decreased. Yes that was an error in the answer. As i said before cannot guarantee what's right.

What about the reaction to form butylamine - I'm pretty sure Ammonium Iodide is formed not HI?
Reply 204
What about the reaction to form butylamine - I'm pretty sure Ammonium Iodide is formed not HI?

I remember it saying that it was butylamine or something FURTHER reacts. Remember. first it forms RNH2 then R2NH and then R3N. so R2NH was the answer needed. the quartinary salt would have been formed if they said that it was R2NH finally. R is the carbon chain. SO HI and the second amine forms.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 205
Original post by anujsr
I remember it saying that it was butylamine or something FURTHER reacts. Remember. first it forms RNH2 then R2NH and then R3N. so R2NH was the answer needed. the quartinary salt would have been formed if they said that it was R2NH finally. R is the carbon chain

No I mean as in the first part of the question was like it reacts with ammonia to form butylamine and you had to write the reaction, so Ammonium Iodide will be another product.

Basically like this:

1-Iodobutane + 2NH3 --> butylamine + NH4I
Reply 206
No I mean as in the first part of the question was like it reacts with ammonia to form butylamine and you had to write the reaction, so Ammonium Iodide will be another product.

Basically like this:

1-Iodobutane + 2NH3 --> butylamine + NH4I

I am not really sure and was quite tired after the exam. So maybe you might be right. However, what's done is done, you can't change it now.
We can all agree this was a **** paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The solvents are not used because there r solvents available now that can dissolve both polar and non polar substances as they have the properties of both atleast thats what i wrote. The paper was messed up might loose around 10 12 marks i really hope the grade boundaries r like june 15 or atleast anything lower than january 16.
Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr
The solvents are not used because there r solvents available now that can dissolve both polar and non polar substances as they have the properties of both atleast thats what i wrote. The paper was messed up might loose around 10 12 marks i really hope the grade boundaries r like june 15 or atleast anything lower than january 16.

No they are not used because they cause ozone depletion, which they produce free radicals
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Molecular ion peak is 3.
IR spectra produced belonged to propanone.
Mass of Iodine 114.2g.
Percentage Uncertainty: 1%
Sodium Sulfate moles : 0.33 (not sure of the answer).
Structure of Cl2O7 : Google it. Its on wikipedia.

Paper was not that bad. What was the White solid produced at step 3? I wrote BaO.

no it wasn't BaO
in the question it was written that when the Barium nitrate is heated, a solid forms. then that solid melts and BaO, NO2 and O2 are produced. so that white solid was anhydrous barium nitrate
Original post by Hamadtype-
No they are not used because they cause ozone depletion, which they produce free radicals

they cause cancer too
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
they cause cancer too

Are they toxic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlvlVictim
Are they toxic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes

Damn that was so simple another mark gone:/
I did soooooooooo welllllllll i love chemistry!!!!!!!!! In the start of the year i was sh***ing my self about chemistry now im in safe zone!!!!!!!!!!
yes

I wrote its toxic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well no longer used because of better solvents should be reason enough(Though I admit kinda flimsy).There's bound to be multiple answers for that question.
Original post by notsoclueless
I wrote that it was trigonal with an angle of 107 degrees

and dammit ~.~ it's supposed to be pyramidal :frown: :frown: knew i messed up somewhere :frown:

i wrote trigonal planner angle 120
second one did the question ask to name it
i didnot name it i put the angle 104.5
how hard was the exam
section a was very tricky
i felt i had enough time at the end to revise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending