Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So in a synopsis, subject difficulty varies between each individual and exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    So in a synopsis, subject difficulty varies between each individual and exam boards.
    Who'd have thunk it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknowntsr)
    Tbh if you have supportive teachers they should be able to carry you through the coursework. It helps that I also do English and so know the techniques needed in coursework. There's no way you will last only three days. It's just that in GSCE history they did coursework and so know how it works. But there's no coursework in AS so you'll be absolutely fine!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm doing English Lit as well at A-Level Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    WJEC is a shite exam board, but yeah GCSE you mostly learn about source analysis.. ( hardest / newest concept) and source analysis play little part in A-level and when it does its not in any way the same as GCSE .. I would honestly say my GCSE knowledge hindered me, since i thought i knew how to do source analysis when i didnt.

word of advice AS history is easy, but A2 get much harder, since the Q's allow more interp on them and you can answer them really wrong, were as with AS, its pretty specific, so it's harder to go wrong.
    Agreed on the exam board opinion, but I'd find it harder if I'd switch boards because I've gotten used to this one!! I've heard a lot about how dependent the questions are on interpretation and how it's harder to get the top grades because of how everyone interprets the pieces differently! Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    In September I will be starting A-level maths, physics, chemistry and biology. Pretty much everyone who I have talked to have said that these are the hardest subjects I could have took and how I will have such a phenomenal workload that I won't be able to have a social life but is it really THAT vigorous and THAT difficult?
    IKR everyone says that to me too!

ReputationRep:
    In September I will be starting A-level maths, physics, chemistry and biology. Pretty much everyone who I have talked to have said that these are the hardest subjects I could have took and how I will have such a phenomenal workload that I won't be able to have a social life but is it really THAT vigorous and THAT difficult?
    I did all of these except chemistry (i did art in its place as a break) and personally i think you should swap one of those out for an easier subject as a sort of relief. i personally dropped maths in the April before my AS exams due to getting a steady stream of U grades, but maths is just whether or not you can do it its different per person. Biology again you can either do it or you cant, its not necessarily a hard A Level if you can do it. Physics is like hell but its interesting so meh. Seriously tho consider if you genuinely need all of those cause if you can change one then DO IT. But, otherwise good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Lool fm is harder than chemistry/biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person. Maths will be the easiest for some, harder for others. Biology is easy to understand just a lot to remember. Chemistry is about understanding - if you can pick up new things well and enjoy chemistry you'll be fine with this. I don't do Physics so I can't advise on that.

Just take the subjects that you enjoy most because if you actually enjoy them you'll work much better.

ReputationRep:
    bio and maths are easyyyyy
    chems quite hard and physics if u have a logical mindest and good at maths mechanics which the mechanics in physics as at least is a joke its alright
    i wud say biology and maths probably are not in top 5 hardest tbh chem and physics are altho further maths is harder than both

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.