Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Geraer100)
    Yeah, that was actually mentioned in the exam reports!

Pd: one thing about TSR, do you know why sometimes TSR just stopped you posting a message or replying?
    It just happened to an account that I had.
    ldk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    ldk
    Okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    How is your son doing? Is he ready for uni life?
    He is doing well. I think he is looking forward to the fall -- a little nervous about the weather and the super short days. (We are from the South and used to a lot of sunlight!)

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks

Hahaha it is a lovely question, but only the first parts
    Yeah, the last part is a bit confusing, although it can be done without understanding the theory behind it.
    Thing is, the first parts were easy, yes, but the last part was just as easy since you didn't actually need to prove anything (I would think according to the wording of the question). But then again the wording has been completely misleading like that before (III 2012 Q8) so idk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    At least if you've tried STEP you'll smash NatSci maths (at least that's my hope if I fail III).
    Yeah exactly, I do hope the maths is somewhat interesting though

ReputationRep:
    I think cogito posted one of you scroll down on that thread. Not 100% sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah thanks! actually there are one for step ii and step iii.
    Krollo and I only made them for STEP I and II, we kept meaning to get around to doing III but kinda slipped our minds....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    Insight physicsmaths Zacken EnglishMuon gasfxekl EricPiphany Duke Glacia Krollo 16Characters....

can't think of others please don't take the 2015 papers alone , we should it all together. I suggest a week or so before the real thing ,is that ok to most of you ? Please confirm.
    Ignore this post if you have already set up a date (just let me know).
    yeah sure, sometime later next week would be good for me. When were/others thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh cnt bothered to do II 14 today siz guys. Was running late and i need to go somewhere soon. Will try do it tmmrw morn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have made a Maths app for discussing STEP and the latter at http://app.bubblemaths.com/ it's a live chat and there's no sign up process. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Krollo and I only made them for STEP I and II, we kept meaning to get around to doing III but kinda slipped our minds....
    Hahaha, that's really useful! But it must be taken you quite long. So thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Thing is, the first parts were easy, yes, but the last part was just as easy since you didn't actually need to prove anything (I would think according to the wording of the question). But then again the wording has been completely misleading like that before (III 2012 Q8) so idk.
    Yeah, I agree but when you get the last answer, you are just wondering if you have done the question correct or not. But well the question was not quite difficult in general.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am doing them like that as well. Might do STEP I on 11/06 and II on 12/06 unless you are all doing it on 11 then I can do II on 11/06 and chill time with I on 12/06.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh well most of you sit Step I that week so it makes sense to first do step I on saturday and then step ii on sunday.
    That's better

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any idea how common it is to be accepted to Cambridge with 2,1 in II and III respectively? That's what I got in my most recent mock and I'm a little worried haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    EricPiphany
    Just finished the paper ... and I have to admit it was awful (one of my worst mocks)
    Solved : 4(nice),5(did a mistake in the start so I'd lose all accuracy marks),6(nice),7(quiet nice),12(very nice and easy) and 2i (ii was too messy for me). I panicked a lot in this mock and could not concentrate . I'm now sad , cause grade boundaries were very high and I didn't enjoy it that much , I think it would be better if I chose more applied maths (that's what I normally do , I just lost control of what was going on after a point)
    So I guess I got like 95 idk (either a very low S or a very high 1)
    how about you ?
    send me your work.
    I'll send you mine later (btw how many pages can we upload ? Mine was 11 pages ).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My email is [email protected] just in case ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fa991)
    Do you have any idea how common it is to be accepted to Cambridge with 2,1 in II and III respectively? That's what I got in my most recent mock and I'm a little worried haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they accept you if you get (2,S) (S,2) but I'm not that sure about (2,1) tbh , they might accept you they might not idk

ReputationRep:
    I think they accept you if you get (2,S) (S,2) but I'm not that sure about (2,1) tbh , they might accept you they might not idk
    They even accept with 2,2 if it is very high and only a few marks off Grade 1. It depends a lot on that and they also treat applications at individual base, so if you have missed your STEP offer, they still look at interview scores, personal statement, reference, extenuating circumstances (no help in STEP from school) and all that. He knows this, his question is how OFTEN they accept people with less than a 1. There was a statistics of STEP grades against acceptances somewhere here but I can't find it.

This question should be asked in the Cambridge offer-holders thread though, at least jneill can answer him there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    EricPiphany
    Just finished the paper ... and I have to admit it was awful (one of my worst mocks)
    Solved : 4(nice),5(did a mistake in the start so I'd lose all accuracy marks),6(nice),7(quiet nice),12(very nice and easy) and 2i (ii was too messy for me). I panicked a lot in this mock and could not concentrate . I'm now sad , cause grade boundaries were very high and I didn't enjoy it that much , I think it would be better if I chose more applied maths (that's what I normally do , I just lost control of what was going on after a point)
    So I guess I got like 95 idk (either a very low S or a very high 1)
    how about you ?
    send me your work.
    I'll send you mine later (btw how many pages can we upload ? Mine was 11 pages ).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My email is [email protected] just in case ...
    Are you greek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gasfxekl)
    Are you greek
    Are you female

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fa991)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...and%20data.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gasfxekl)
    Are you greek
    yes

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.