Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Thanks kind of

It seems with parliament you have to look at other areas besides s particular section
    Yeah for sure if it says parliament it refers to both chambers, in some ways it's good as you're not limited to just one but in some ways you have to make sure you include stuff from both chambers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yo, it wont be accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sexio)
    Yo, it wont be accurate.
    What wont be accurate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs Posh)
    How many topics are people revising fully for unit 2?
    I think I'm just going to focus on 3. PM & Cabinet, Parliament and the Constitution. I might gloss over Judiciary if I have time, but I doubt I'd be able to do all 4 in such a short time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKStudent17)
    I think I'm just going to focus on 3. PM & Cabinet, Parliament and the Constitution. I might gloss over Judiciary if I have time, but I doubt I'd be able to do all 4 in such a short time.
    Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Question - were Brown's proposals to curb the PM's Royal Prerogative powers actually implemented?

ReputationRep:
    I really struggle with unit 2 and after the first exam it's made me worry even more haha!

Yeah I hate the judiciary topic because it's just ugh, I should probably look over it. But I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time to cover 3 eeek Never leaving it to the last minute again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    Hey well that's good I can imagine it's pretty tiring having long days every week but it helps you enjoy it 😁 and oh my god no way 😂 either linguistics or sociology depending on the grades...would you go into that ppe thing at uni considering you're already doing economics and politics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow linguistics..always too hard for me 😂 I was thinking of doing either PPE or History&Politics depending on grades this summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LennyBicknel)
    Question - were Brown's proposals to curb the PM's Royal Prerogative powers actually implemented?
    No don't think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    Wow linguistics..always too hard for me 😂 I was thinking of doing either PPE or History&Politics depending on grades this summer
    I could say the same for economics 😂 yeah from the day the unis came round to college you have to get like straight a's to get onto the ppe course😩but as you have 5 it might make it a lot easier...oh yeah history and politics! I admit it did sound interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I could say the same for economics 😂 yeah from the day the unis came round to college you have to get like straight a's to get onto the ppe course😩but as you have 5 it might make it a lot easier...oh yeah history and politics! I admit it did sound interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's why I'm waiting for grades 😂 if i don't get that I'll do history & politics which I enjoy anyway. Just need to get this politics exam..I hate the sources part I'm bad at picking two things for part a) 😰

ReputationRep:
    How likely is reform of second chamber to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs Posh)
    How many topics are people revising fully for unit 2?
    We haven't done any of Unit 2 in lessons, so I'm going to aim to teach myself two of the topics. Probably Parliament and Constitution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hw1221)
    Ive done all of them because im too scared to take the risk. Do you think it will be really difficult?
    I hope not
    But after unit 1 I'm not so sure now tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesporkthief)
    We haven't done any of Unit 2 in lessons, so I'm going to aim to teach myself two of the topics. Probably Parliament and Constitution
    What? Why have haven't you done any unit 2 lessons?
    So you're teaching yourself a whole years work in 2 days?

ReputationRep:
    Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You know your stuff
    Don't see why your worried

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else revising all four topics? I can't take the risk after the nasty question we got on democracy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    What? Why have haven't you done any unit 2 lessons?
    So you're teaching yourself a whole years work in 2 days?
    Lessons are split between two teachers, one has been on sick leave since December with no cover teacher and the other really doesn't have any clue about the course. I just wish I'd realised sooner how much we hadn't been taught, rather than just accepting when we were told we were finished.
    I've also got to revise for my Mechanics exam tomorrow, so it's a little tight..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    Yeah that's why I'm waiting for grades 😂 if i don't get that I'll do history & politics which I enjoy anyway. Just need to get this politics exam..I hate the sources part I'm bad at picking two things for part a) 😰
    i know ihate being limited to only using whats in the source for the 5 marker and still having to refer back to it in the 10 marker :s it reminds me of an english exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesporkthief)
    Lessons are split between two teachers, one has been on sick leave since December with no cover teacher and the other really doesn't have any clue about the course. I just wish I'd realised sooner how much we hadn't been taught, rather than just accepting when we were told we were finished.
    I've also got to revise for my Mechanics exam tomorrow, so it's a little tight..
    Wow one thing I've learnt is that alevel teachers seem to be awful a lot of the time....
    Yeah try and do as much as you can tbh

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.