Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sadxa;65810293]For the energy change I divided 3444 by 0.8 and go 4305? ANYONE ELSE?[/QUOTE
    I got that too not sure if its right though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fr3dg)
    yeah
    Great, thank you! Was a bit worried when the mark scheme on here said 50 something! Plus it wasn't worth enough marks to have to divide and times after

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fr3dg)
    just read what you wrote, it asked for energy released from 0.8g of alohol, but you founder the energy needed "when 0.8g of water was heated", this arent the same
    read as in the imperative command, im not reffering to my self having read what you wrote, but rather telling you that you should read what you wrote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fractite)
    Was your very first question about ethanoic acid and carbonates and describe two things that you'll see?
    I can't remember... This is what I do remember though: draw covalent structure of water, energy transfer diagram, drawing ethanoic acid, that ethanoic acid + alcohol + acid catalyst gives a 'fruity' ester, a titration six marker, a haber process reasoning 5 marker (forward/backward reaction etc) and one difference between Cu and... K (Potassium) I think. I've spoke with my friends and we didn't have a question that wanted a Q = m x c x delta T calculation however a question that wanted two fuels compared with a table of given data.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    For specific heat capacity, I got 3444J. And some people said it was F for that and some Rb - not sure which one was right
    Obviously F as fluorine is a gas at room temperature. Boiling and melting point increases down group 7

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Kmcarthut;65814089]
    (Original post by Sadxa)
    For the energy change I divided 3444 by 0.8 and go 4305? ANYONE ELSE?[/QUOTE
    I got that too not sure if its right though
    I got 3444J, because I just did 50 x 16.6 (I think) x 4.2 and I got 3444J.
    For 3 marks, though, that's not a lot.

ReputationRep:
    For how is methane produced can you say from crude oil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisbey)
    I can't remember... This is what I do remember though: draw covalent structure of water, energy transfer diagram, drawing ethanoic acid, that ethanoic acid + alcohol + acid catalyst gives a 'fruity' ester, a titration six marker, a haber process reasoning 5 marker (forward/backward reaction etc) and one difference between Cu and... K (Potassium) I think. I've spoke with my friends and we didn't have a question that wanted a Q = m x c x delta T calculation however a question that wanted two fuels compared with a table of given data.
    Sounds similar to mine, but not the exact same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee08)
    For how is methane produced can you say from crude oil
    Yeah. That, or natural gas.

ReputationRep:
    can someone confirm weather the question on completing the rest of the diagram was for ethanol or ethanoic acid?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get -342 for the bond energies ...?:/

ReputationRep:
    Natural gas! Yes, aha, farting cows was the first thing that came into my mind but I knew I couldn't write it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisbey)
    Natural gas! Yes, aha, farting cows was the first thing that came into my mind but I knew I couldn't write it!
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenapple10)
    can someone confirm weather the question on completing the rest of the diagram was for ethanol or ethanoic acid?
    Ethanoic acid.

ReputationRep:
    Ethanoic Acid - CH3COOH.

ReputationRep:
    Complete the diagram for ethanol can acid should have looked like this when completed:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466010500.409435.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  3.3 KB

(If you wrote the OH attached together, that is also perfectly acceptable)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about cattle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatnerdygirl001)
    Did anyone else get -342 for the bond energies ...?:/
    Nah - I got -1348 or somewhere around that mark.

ReputationRep:
    Ethanoic acid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omz123)
    What about cattle?
    Eh, that might be too vague for a triple paper
    You may still get the mark, though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.