Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Yea fingers crossed all day to get a job and I'm learning how to type a CV up and all :\

And it were right here...in my jacket pocket.
    Boring, but a good skill for life I guess I'll hope and pray for you too!
    Awwwh x Sad, all of that looking for it to be in your pocket :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Boring, but a good skill for life I guess I'll hope and pray for you too!
    Awwwh x Sad, all of that looking for it to be in your pocket :argh:
    I think I'm catching on well lol
    Aw cheers :\ and yea I think I get it from my mum and dad, they've wreckt the place looking for **** that was right next to em.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm catching on well lol
    Aw cheers :\ and yea I think I get it from my mum and dad, they've wreckt the place looking for **** that was right next to em.
    Anytime!!! & That's rlly good! LOOL yh some ppl are like tht, but sometimes it's just forgetting rlly, so yh.
    I'm so lost rn, tryna read my friends writing, which is just about as curly as her hair. & Trust me her hair is curly.

(Original post by Sara_t)
    I'm wasting my time, I doubt you'll change your view and I'll never change my view so we'll agree to disagree.
    Then all the effort you've allegedly invested in 'studying in depth' is pointless - if you dogmatically cling to a view and nothing will ever make you reconsider, then I'm afraid it is you who is arguing from a position of ignorance. Not that there's any reasonable doubt about that, considering most of what you've written on this thread is little more than childish assumptions about the character/qualifications of anyone who disagrees with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't want to be part of a religion which condones killing people like my brother for who they are.
    Then you clearly don't have an understanding of your own religion or the attack itself. This attack was done by ONE man, quite clearly ill in the head to commit such a crime. That is not representative of the millions of Islamic's that condemn murder and encourage peace.

(Original post by RobML)
    Doesn't take a chef to say that the food is **** :mmm:
    I prefer 'you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.'

ReputationRep:
    Anytime!!! & That's rlly good! LOOL yh some ppl are like tht, but sometimes it's just forgetting rlly, so yh.
    I'm so lost rn, tryna read my friends writing, which is just about as curly as her hair. & Trust me her hair is curly.
    What's her race lol and yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Some comments are just plain rude against Islam... I mean why do you say that?
    Do any of us Muslim's on TSR go 'It took you long enough' if someone where to leave Christianity? Judaism? Sikhism? Hinduism? etc.
    So what? We can be as rude as we like towards Islam. Ideologies aren't people and they don't have rights. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Then you clearly don't have an understanding of your own religion or the attack itself. This attack was done by ONE man, quite clearly ill in the head to commit such a crime. That is not representative of the millions of Islamic's that condemn murder and encourage peace.
    You did't read the article lol

he joined a terrorist group before doing the attack. Don't post foolishness mate. Just google his name Omar Mateen. He joined ISIL. So sure he might've agreed to be a martyr for his own struggles but he still was apart of a terrorist group ok.

ReputationRep:
    What's her race lol and yours?
    She's British Asian,
    & So am I,

ReputationRep:
    That is not representative of the millions of Islamic's that condemn murder and encourage peace.
    You say that but look at where the problems are in the world right now. Wars in Muslim countries, oppression of women in Muslim countries, hanging of homosexuals in Muslim countries. Not saying this does't happen elsewhere but you can't say that Islam encourages peace. Look at these Muslim countries. They're far from peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    She's British Asian,
    & So am I,
    What's your religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    So what? We can be as rude as we like towards Islam. Ideologies aren't people and they don't have rights. Deal with it.
    WTF? It's like saying we can cut all the trees in the world if we want, they aren't like people they have no rights....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Literally waiting for someone to talk about Burma :sigh:

I'd also add Jainism as a religion of peace, but I think their ahimsa, if followed strictly, is rather impractical.
    Yea me too, I've got my previous rant about it bookmarked and ready to copy/paste. Jainism is also a peaceful religion but as far as I know it's not called "the religion/way/path of peace."

ReputationRep:
    he joined a terrorist group before doing the attack. Don't post foolishness mate. Just google his name Omar Mateen. He joined ISIL. So sure he might've agreed to be a martyr for his own struggles but he still was apart of a terrorist group ok.
    ISIL are Islamic extremists and are NOT representative of the millions of peaceful Islamic's.

(Original post by TheStudent19)
    You say that but look at where the problems are in the world right now. Wars in Muslim countries, oppression of women in Muslim countries, hanging of homosexuals in Muslim countries. Not saying this does't happen elsewhere but you can't say that Islam encourages peace. Look at these Muslim countries. They're far from peaceful.
    See above.

(Original post by silvercloud6)
    If you want to know more I would urge you to watch videos and lectures on islam and the Quran by eminent muslim scholars like Dr. Zakir Nayak
    You may as well know: there's no quicker way to discredit yourself in a discussion about religion/Islam than to cite a demagogic charlatan like Naik.

(Original post by nucdev)
    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'm sorry, I CANNOT take you seriously if you think Zakir Naik is trustworthy and should be listened to! :rofl:
    Damn, you beat me to it. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    ISIL are Islamic extremists and are NOT representative of the millions of peaceful Islamic's.
    It's not just ISIL. The way these countries are run is horrific.

ReputationRep:

And ISIL are significant enough even if they are just "a few extremists". They've turned the middle east into a **** show.

(Original post by sfaraj)
    the religion has rules yes, bu the guy didnt do it for religion, he pledged alligence to 3 rival terrorist groups when he called 911.

do you really think all muslims around the world have rejoiced and are partying? no, the media doesn't show this but countless muslims have gone to remember those who died in orlando. if you look carefully you will spot them

but your opinion i cant force you to stay although tdo think about it and read into islam and homosexuality first

i condemned this attack and thought it was absolutely horrific, its one of the scariest things for me to think about
    Hate to be that guy, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

ReputationRep:
    That's down to the individuals in charge, not the religion itself.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc; much evil has been done in the name of a faith, but these are extremists who are twisted and evil and choose to interpret things differently from the rest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.