2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swellow5)
    Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a Sixth Form FAQ with links to student ladder, I would advise reading it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is ubs numerical shl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)
    Is ubs numerical shl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. 18q - 25 min

ReputationRep:
    How long do Deutsche Bank tests take to come through on average? I submitted overnight so I'm guessing not to expect them until Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    How long do Deutsche Bank tests take to come through on average? I submitted overnight so I'm guessing not to expect them until Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe that someone within HR will look at your whole application once you have been tested, so it could take a few days.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah it normally takes 1-2 days based on my exp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)
    I did the practice for DB numerical but it seemed exactly like the pwc practice which was shl.

You sure it was konexa

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's SHL... used to be Kenexa, though

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure no one will know, but does anyone have an idea of how many graduate roles there are going at RBC Capital Markets? Not sure whether to apply summer / graduate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Barclays or Bank of America Merrill Lynch are open for applications yet? Can't find anything on their websites but they must be opening soon surely?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainandthunder)
    Does anyone know if Barclays or Bank of America Merrill Lynch are open for applications yet? Can't find anything on their websites but they must be opening soon surely?!!!
    I looked at Barclays within the last few days, couldn't find anything. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ400)
    Has anyone done the Citi FT exercise before?
    Have you already got an AC?

Yes - the exercise is literally they give you a copy of the FT. You pick out three (I think?) stories of interest. Then in the following interview you have to explain why you picked that story, why it interests you, how it relates to your division and why it impacts Citi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    I looked at Barclays within the last few days, couldn't find anything. *
    I'm sure Barclays open tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BH83)
    I'm sure Barclays open tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought I'd be getting ahead by starting in mid-august. They're all opening up far too fast for me right now.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ400)
    No - I've just applied but remembed seeing it last year. What do you think are the best articles to go for - perhaps not as obvious as you might think if it's just an average weekday?
    It's not easy because it has to be articles in the news that day. And obviously some days are better than others. The more related it is to IBD, the better.

Or you could take a more broader topic like economic data and say how that could feed through. Or something like banking fines and argue why this is important for reputation etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any visibility on how many graduates Barclays are taking this year?

Wondering if I should apply to the summer internship since they normally have a January in-take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any visibility on how many graduates Barclays are taking this year?

Wondering if I should apply to the summer internship since they normally have a January in-take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey man, dropped you a message. Maybe Off-Cycle instead?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone applied to barclays? The application form seems to be very light... just asks for contact details and education... no CV or cover letter upload, nothing about prior work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stm93)
    has anyone applied to barclays? The application form seems to be very light... just asks for contact details and education... no CV or cover letter upload, nothing about prior work experience?
    My thoughts were exactly the same, it took about 5 minutes to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stm93)
    Check out the summer thread, explained it there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.