Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    And how they can pad out the bake off with ads. That's gonna be the second worst bit about it (behind 3 of the 4 most important people leaving)
    Didn't even think of that. I suppose if they wanted to keep the same format with ads they'd have to make the show 1hr 30 mins long, or maybe cut out the first challenge if they wanted to squeeze it into an hour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Didn't even think of that. I suppose if they wanted to keep the same format with ads they'd have to make the show 1hr 30 mins long, or maybe cut out the first challenge if they wanted to squeeze it into an hour?
    or they may cut out the bits where they decide who they think is going to go after the second challenge, and get rid of the parts where Mel and Sue go to places that have to do with the episode as there will be no Mel and Sue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzayhillman)
    or they may cut out the bits where they decide who they think is going to go after the second challenge, and get rid of the parts where Mel and Sue go to places that have to do with the episode as there will be no Mel and Sue.
    Love those bits

ReputationRep:
    So upset Val left. I wanted to cuddle her so badly when it got announced she didn't make the cut. She was so adorable.

ReputationRep:
    Love those bits
    Same, but I have a feeling if their going to keep the show to an hour that is what is going to be cut as the ad breaks are 4 minutes long, so you add them all up it is probably what they will say bye bye to.

ReputationRep:
    It's so sad to see one of the best programs on our screens going down the drain in under a week. This time last week it all started, the debate as to whether the BBC would hold the contract or not and then just like that it's all gone. :cry2::cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    So upset Val left. I wanted to cuddle her so badly when it got announced she didn't make the cut. She was so adorable.
    Val was.is the cutest baker this year, Whenever she was baking I just wanted to hug her because she is so precious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzayhillman)
    Val was.is the cutest baker this year, Whenever she was baking I just wanted to hug her because she is so precious.
    I would love her as my grandma to be honest. She looks like the grannies who make their granddaughters tea and give them a cuddle when they're down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    It's so sad to see one of the best programs on our screens going down the drain in under a week. This time last week it all started, the debate as to whether the BBC would hold the contract or not and then just like that it's all gone. :cry2::cry:
    Gotta say it, but in my book the doomsaying has gone waaay too far. The same producers, the same layout, the same team spirit that makes the Bake Off we love. So the presenters will probably change for the worst but and advert breaks won't be ideal but "down the drain"? The amount some people aren't even giving it the remotest bit of a chance is mad.

Oh, and saying Rav doesn't have a personality is a bit rich. You can tell how much he's enjoying it and always pulls out some wild flavours. Love Val's attitude but she's been out of her depth for almost all of the show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    Oh, and saying Rav doesn't have a personality is a bit rich. You can tell how much he's enjoying it and always pulls out some wild flavours. Love Val's attitude but she's been out of her depth for almost all of the show
    I think Rav is one of the best contestants in terms of personality - he's so funny!! I never really liked Val that much either tbh, so cocky about that bakewell and then it had a soggy bottom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    Gotta say it, but in my book the doomsaying has gone waaay too far. The same producers, the same layout, the same team spirit that makes the Bake Off we love. So the presenters will probably change for the worst but and advert breaks won't be ideal but "down the drain"? The amount some people aren't even giving it the remotest bit of a chance is mad.

But the format won't be staying the same, because unless they make it 1hr 30, they won't have the time... The producers don't really make a difference to us as viewers as long as the format is the same (which it probably won't be), it's the judges/presenters that matter more.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ake-off-on-th/

Berry to lead Bake Off rival show with Mel and Sue

The drama of GBBO continues!

(Also I hate that pic of Paul in that article you can basically see his whole junk :shock:)

ReputationRep:
    Rooting for Benjamina and Andrew!!🍰🍰

ReputationRep:

(Also I hate that pic of Paul in that article you can basically see his whole junk :shock:)
    That picture is so bad :gasp:

I really hope it works out and they do. I think we all know which show will get the viewers!

ReputationRep:
    I think Rav is one of the best contestants in terms of personality - he's so funny!! I never really liked Val that much either tbh, so cocky about that bakewell and then it had a soggy bottom
    She wasn't cocky at all! She was confident, cuz she cooked it every week. Unfortunate that it wasn't properly cooked.

ReputationRep:

Mary, Mel and Sue are fully baked yo!

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely want Andrew or Benjamina to win it. Would be so annoyed if Candice won it. She looks so smug all the time

ReputationRep:

Oh god you can see the shape too :/ What a nasty picture.

ReputationRep:
    really don't like candice she's always pouting which is so annoying! Wouldnt mind anyone but her winning tbh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    She wasn't cocky at all! She was confident, cuz she cooked it every week. Unfortunate that it wasn't properly cooked.
    :yy:
    That was an unfortunate bake for Val :sadnod:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.