Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GLS training contract application Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar_habit)
    Reserve list for pupillage. Gutted. Really regretting how specific I was with the forms. I specified 2016 only and barrister only. Damn.
    Sorry to hear that. You obviously got incredibly close. And you never know...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law91)
    Absolutely killing me
    Did you hear anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AustinTX)
    Did you hear anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, got TC from HMRC for 2018. Was so relieved when I got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law91)
    Congratulations! That's brilliant news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law91)
    Fantastic news!

Reserve list for pupillage. Gutted. Really regretting how specific I was with the forms. I specified 2016 only and barrister only. Damn.
    That's such bad luck - you were, in effect, competing for 1 single place then. You were clearly a whisker away- you'll definitely get something eventually!

I shall expect to be bumping into you all come 2018! Good luck in your current and future studies if applicable guys!

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask those of you with offers: how long do you have to accept or decline your offer? Thanks in advance!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask those of you with offers: how long do you have to accept or decline your offer? Thanks in advance!
    You should have until the 15th September (only if you are a penultimate year undergrad), or 28 days from the point of your written offer (which ever one is the latest trumps the other if you are a penultimate year undergrad).

If anyone is being pressurised by firms to make a decision earlier than either of these deadlines, please PM me.

ReputationRep:
    I was told to expect the formal written offer through the post later in the month. Unsure of any acceptance deadline, though BSB regulations demand offers of pupillage stay open for at least 14 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr_sleuth)
    I shall expect to be bumping into you all come 2018! Good luck in your current and future studies if applicable guys!
    If you want to chat to any of the 2018 trainees before you start the TC, a few of us have set up a private Facebook group and are also in email contact. Message me if you want to join

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gem_my)
    If you want to chat to any of the 2018 trainees before you start the TC, a few of us have set up a private Facebook group and are also in email contact. Message me if you want to join

Sure will do

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received their interview feedback yet?

ReputationRep:
    I know this thread is old, but I'll try my luck.

I'll be applying to the GLS in July and was wondering if anyone knew if the training contract takes place in London only, or if they can place you elsewhere in the country?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HRRGRE007)
    I know this thread is old, but I'll try my luck.

I'll be applying to the GLS in July and was wondering if anyone knew if the training contract takes place in London only, or if they can place you elsewhere in the country?
    Their website says all trainees are based in London:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/governme...e-how-to-apply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.