A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    Thanks! No, I did AQA, and I'm not sure I just asked them and they had everyone's raw marks on the computer
    Ah okay, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Class Civ: Predicted A / Achieved A
    English Lang: Predicted A / Achieved A
    English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved A
    History: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
    Oh my god!!!!!! I thought I had absolutely flopped these exams, and thought that there was no chance of getting my predicted grades... I was wrong! I got As in every unit too, and full marks in an English Lang and English Lit paper. I only dropped 1 mark in both English Lit papers too!! I'm freaking out and so, so excited to get applying to university now.

Future ambitions
    Go to Cambridge to study Linguistics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heHlpH)
    Why not do both? As you AS grade has to be submitted to UCAS in october and personally it looks better if you get that remark and get an A? obviously bare in mind it isn't guaranteed
    That's a good idea but it costs money - also I was talking to 999tigger and he said that there's basically less than a 1%chance of it getting changed to an A, especially with the new changes - what are you planning on doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Economics (Edexcel): B (1 UMS off an A)
    English Literature (Edexcel): C (2 UMS off a B)
    Geography (AQA):C
    Maths (Edexcel): B

I'm not too happy with the Geography result as I was predicted an A and am quite shocked :/ I'm going to drop English Lit anyways so I'm not too bothered about that.

Well done to everyone on their results the hard work paid off

ReputationRep:
    Results:

Law - Predicted B / Achieved A
    Business - Predicted B / Achieved A
    Philosophy and Ethics - Predicted B / Achieved A
    Applied ICT - Predicted B / Achieved B
    World Development - Predicted B / Achieved C

Comments:

Business was new spec so I've dropped it and kept the AS as an A so I don't risk losing it when I resit the whole thing next year anyway. I might submit some more coursework for world development to boost it to a B. Kept everything else.

Future Ambitions:

I hope to go to the University of Liverpool to study law!

ReputationRep:
    Law - A (predicted - A)
    Psychology - A (predicted - A)
    Business - B (predicted - A)
    Biology - C (predicted - B)

p happy with biology cause i was being optimistic wishing for a D lmao (ALSO I FINALLY GOT TO DROP IT WOOOO)
    law i thought i'd bombed - i nearly cried during the exams bc i couldnt remember anything
    unhappy with business but obviously i have to redo the exams next year so i can get an A

ReputationRep:
    Results

English Lit: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and Reactions
    SO SO happy like I am literally in shock! Had to cry didn't I... Glad all the hard work and extra hours finalllly paid off!

Future ambitions
    No idea... want to do a Politics degree but not sure what uni! Soooo many choices.

ReputationRep:
    Physics: expected: C (that exam was tough!) Achieved:A
    Biology: expected A\B Achieved:B
    Chemistry: expected A\B Achieved: B
    History: expected: A Achieved: B

Overall fairly pleased, since i am dropping physics and the other three don't count towards final A level (i gather) I believe that i've jumped through one hoop for medicine at Birmingham, Keele, Cardiff or a yet to be decided Uni.
    As long as I crack down and get on with the work I am quietly confident of meeting the criteria.

On a lighter note: i realised two weeks ago that i booked my ukcat for today and so had to change it for the 31st

Kind regards,

Sam

ReputationRep:
    AS Chemistry - A
    AS Physics - A
    AS Mathematics - A
    A2 Mathematics - A*

Pretty ecstatic, especially with my maths module marks.

(My school does AS+A2 Maths in Y12 and AS+A2 Further Maths in Y13 for some reason).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathasatail)
    Physics: expected: C (that exam was tough!) Achieved:A
    Biology: expected A\B Achieved:B
    Chemistry: expected A\B Achieved: B
    History: expected: A Achieved: B

Overall fairly pleased, since i am dropping physics and the other three don't count towards final A level (i gather) I believe that i've jumped through one hoop for medicine at Birmingham, Keele, Cardiff or a yet to be decided Uni.
    As long as I crack down and get on with the work I am quietly confident of meeting the criteria.

On a lighter note: i realised two weeks ago that i booked my ukcat for today and so had to change it for the 31st

Kind regards,

Sam
    I can't believe they would do UKCAT on results day?! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    4 A's in Biology, Physics chemistry and maths. It's what I expected and I worked pretty hard I'm the last third of the course when I realised winging it wasn't going to work (partly due to the ocr practice Biology paper). What's worrying is I got 0/0 in everything apart from maths. Is my performance undefined? Name:  Screenshot_2016-08-18-12-18-40.png
Views: 483
Size:  198.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Geography: Predicted A / Achieved A (full UMS!)
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A (292/300UMS)
    Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A (dropping)

Comments and Reactions
    So happy with my geography! and very surprised with my biology (was expecting a c)

Future Ambition
    Geography at uni (probably UEA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    4 A's in Biology, Physics chemistry and maths. It's what I expected and I worked pretty hard I'm the last third of the course when I realised winging it wasn't going to work (partly due to the ocr practice Biology paper). What's worrying is I got 0/0 in everything apart from maths. Is my performance undefined? Name:  Screenshot_2016-08-18-12-18-40.png
    Is this like your school or college's website? I imagine they just haven't typed the actual marks in yet so that's why it's 0/0.

ReputationRep:
    Biology A (predicted A)
    Maths A (predicted A)
    Chemistry B (predicted A)
    Business B (predicted B)

Do you all think I should still apply to medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    I can't believe they would do UKCAT on results day?! :shock:
    Yep and the strange thing is, is that i checked when i rebooked it and there were no more spaces left on the 18th/today!!! Either those people were like me and foolishly booked it on the wrong day or they are astonishingly confident!

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Results:

Music - Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
    Further Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
    History - Predicted A* (Don't ask) / Achieved C

Comments:

Pleased overall. Bit surprised about getting a D in Music composition but that's how coursework rolls sometimes and still managed to just about scrape an A. Hoped for a B in history but not disappointed with a C. Fortunate to be pretty decent at Maths exams so happy man

Future Ambitions:

Studying Music, looking at Royal Holloway, Oxford, Manchester etc.

ReputationRep:
    Achieved:

AQA Psychology: A
    Edexcel English Lit: A
    Edexcel RE: C
    OCR Chemistry B: E

Expected A/B in RE; was 2 UMS off B - going to remark/thinking of retaking??
    Chemistry - knew went bad but hoped for a C - will not having a pass in a fourth AS affect my Uni application??

Hoping to study Management at Uni

ReputationRep:
    I got 250 UMS on my maths AS but how can I get an A* in the whole A-level maths course? im doing AQA maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    I did maths and physics with those specs as well and I have marks for maths but none for physics, so I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    All wjec

Chemistry: predicted = u / achieved = C
    Biology: predicted = u / achieved = B
    ICT: predicted = b / achieved = A

So so happy
    Well done! 😊

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.