***UKCAT 2017 poll***

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016
  • View Poll Results: UKCAT scores (2017 entry)
    below 500
    0.73%
    500-550
    0.24%
    551-600
    2.91%
    601-650
    18.16%
    651-700
    24.94%
    701-725
    17.19%
    726-750
    14.04%
    751-775
    9.20%
    776-800
    5.57%
    801-825
    2.66%
    825+
    4.36%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Yes it appears they will have skewed up the results too. I'm pretty sure leaving the false 825+ voters will bring the average to about 698ish
    There are some fibs in other sections too.

ReputationRep:
    Well not much hope for this year, unless i try the UG route, which I still don't have much hope for.

VR 570, QR 620, AR 670 and Band 1. Total 1,860, AVG 620 *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrisonGCSE)
    Alot of people in the 825+ category are lying btw :P Might be skewing the results a little bit.
    It may be skewing them from the real score distribution, but we have no reason to believe people weren't doing the same thing in the previous years' TSR polls to a roughly equal extent. That's why I'm only comparing these results to previous poll results, rather than directly to official UKCAT data. Plus, for what its worth, at least 2 of the 3 people voting "below 500" didn't get below 500. One hasn't done their test yet and another averaged 750. :P

ReputationRep:
    This time next week the interim scores will have been released

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    From UKCAT website : " Interim 2016 score statistics will be made available on our website in late-September and final test statistics will be published in early October."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    How do you know?
    (Original post by Timewilltellu)
    From UKCAT website : " Interim 2016 score statistics will be made available on our website in late-September and final test statistics will be published in early October."
    I thought they always released them on September 15th. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I should have checked, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask if unis look at one section over the others more or less? I'm pleased with my verbal and quant but slightly worried about my abstract (630) so I'm hoping they care about it the least. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuclearFallout)
    Can I ask if unis look at one section over the others more or less? I'm pleased with my verbal and quant but slightly worried about my abstract (630) so I'm hoping they care about it the least. Thank you
    Im sure plymouth and nottingham are the only universities to care about section scores individually, but 630 isnt bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Im an undergrad medical student at Cardiff, and yes I got my cardiff offer with 675, but thats because cardiff really dont use the UKCAT.

Looking back on it now I would have gotten interview at Kings, SGUL, Manchester, Newcastle, Leicester etc. which all use the UKCAT pretty heavily, but like most I was so scared by these warped averages on the forums and hesitated and applied to personal statement heavy unis. I was the year after the ridiculous inflation in UKCAT scores on TSR and so I thought anything under 700 was poor. But no way, anything above 630 is decent, Anything above 650 is good, anything above 675 is great and anything above 700 is outstanding.

You are not out of the game at all unless your UKCAT is in the 500s, then because most schools use the UKCAT nowadays it would mean a very risky application to a lot of schools.
    hi i was wondering when and where would you be able to find out the average score for those applying for entry in 2017 as I got an average score of 633 and am now confused on where to apply as I dont think its quite a good score enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyalshenny)
    hi i was wondering when and where would you be able to find out the average score for those applying for entry in 2017 as I got an average score of 633 and am now confused on where to apply as I dont think its quite a good score enough.
    Generally come early october UKCAT will post the deciles.

ReputationRep:
    Why are the average scores sooooo high this year?!

ReputationRep:
    Odd question, but can you use the 'Find' feature during the UKCAT? For example if you press CTRL+F and then enter a word and it will highlight it on screen. Just learnt I can do this in medify but I assume it's because it is browser based and not it's own software as I imagine the official UKCAT will be. Might help save a few valuable seconds instead of skim reading a whole passage for a word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    Odd question, but can you use the 'Find' feature during the UKCAT? For example if you press CTRL+F and then enter a word and it will highlight it on screen. Just learnt I can do this in medify but I assume it's because it is browser based and not it's own software as I imagine the official UKCAT will be. Might help save a few valuable seconds instead of skim reading a whole passage for a word.
    No, you can't.

(Original post by Zarabegum12)
    Why are the average scores sooooo high this year?!
    How would you know? They haven't been released.

ReputationRep:
    Any free/cheap alternatives for UKCAT QR questions? Have depleted the ISC1000 book and Medify online practise questions (they have a lot less of them than VR/AR!) and still have 2 weeks left until my test.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i need your help a.s.a.p!!!QR 740AR 640VR 540Average: 640SJ: Band 2I ran out of time on VR and AR, hence the low score. I'm applying as a gap year student. Do you think i will have a chance with Plymouth and Exeter for Medicine with these UKCAT results?

ReputationRep:
    how many people take the test uk-wide? on average. If anyone knows!

ReputationRep:
    I got a ukcat score of 650 which is quite low so what unis do you think i should apply to??

ReputationRep:
    So i got individual scores of 610, 660 and 900 and my average is 723 with sjt band 3. I got 2 questions. a) would the sjt band have a significant effect on my ukcat performance with regards to unis and B) would this score be considered good with regards to applying to "ukcat dependent" unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.el1998)
    Hey guys i need your help a.s.a.p!!!QR 740AR 640VR 540Average: 640SJ: Band 2I ran out of time on VR and AR, hence the low score. I'm applying as a gap year student. Do you think i will have a chance with Plymouth and Exeter for Medicine with these UKCAT results?
    Plymouth's cut off has been around 650ish in previous years, I think (though check old threads on here to confirm), and you would need to check their sub score thresholds, so Plymouth would seem very risky. Exeter seem to be focussing more on A2 predicted/achieved grades and did not interview anybody with lower than A*A*A* predicted or A*A*A achieved without extenuating circumstances/contextual flags last year-though the UKCAT cutoff was low if you fell into this band-so this would depend on your A2 results.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.