The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Introduce yourself
Just a 16 year old boy living in the middle of England, standing in front of a TSR thread asking you to love me.

What are your hobbies and interests?
Avid sport watcher, mainly football (man united fan), follower of current affairs. Young Labour member. Proud European in spite of the recent Brexit vote.

What subjects are you planning to take?
History, Politics and Economics.

Your favourite subject(s)?
History from GCSE; I imagine I'll love economics and politics more though.

Your ideal future occupation?
Lawyer. (Either in the commercial field or the intellectual property area )
(edited 7 years ago)
What are your hobbies and interests?
Really into politics, current affairs, reading (recently finished East of Eden, The Establishment (Owen Jones), The Psychopath Test, etc.), member of a sailing club, like to go out with friends to parties, etc.

What subjects are you planning to take?
History, Maths, Spanish and Economics at A-Level, grammar school sixth form

Your favourite subject(s)?
Definitely History! Have loved it since primary school and would be interested in studying it at University

Your ideal future occupation?
My current plan is law, or maybe into the civil service (fast stream), or a job in politics.
I often lurk on tsr and never really post much but hey I'll be in year 12 in a few days so thought I'd join in. :cute:

Introduce yourself
Hi~ I'm Natalie, I'm 16 and I'm slightly very nervous for college woop.

Hobbies and interests
Errrr I watch quite a few TV shows but I'm constantly behind on them, I'm starting to read more (sorta), I've recently gotten into kpop and sometimes I like to draw.

Subjects I'm taking
Maths, physics and biology.

Favourite subject
Maths.

Ideal future occupation
Maybe something to do with research or umm... Idk I'd like it to involve at least some maths though (I really need to look more into what I want to do in the future :s-smilie:)
GCSE Grades
French (edexcel) B
Spanish (edexcel) A*
Biology (edexcel) A*
Chemistry (edexcel) A*
Physics (edexcel) A*
Maths (edexcel) A*
English Language (cambridge) A*
English Literature (cambridge) A*
Food & Nutrition (cambridge) A
PE (ocr) B
Additional Maths FSMQ (ocr/mei) A

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I play hockey and netball for my school, enjoy playing polo and hunting when I'm at home. I also enjoy debating at school

- What subjects are you planning to take?
Planning to take physics, chemistry, maths, further maths and politics

- Your favourite subject(s)?
My favourite subject is probably maths, although I enjoy the sciences as well

- Your ideal future occupation?
I hope to go to Cambridge to study engineering/chemical engineering and then join the Army
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by starstudent7

Your ideal future occupation? Hospital Doctor/Paediatrician Doctor/GP

:awesome:
- What are your hobbies and interests?Playing tennis, watching tennis, going out with friends and reading
- What subjects are you planning to take? Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and French
- Your favourite subject(s)? I don't know, english probably although I hate poetry
- Your ideal future occupation? I wish I knew:angry:
is anyone doing the extended project qualification, at the start of year 12 or the end of year 12 /beginning of year13??
When do you guys start sixth form/college?
Original post by ak143244

I'm at boarding school so go back a day earlier because ovbs I sleep at school so need to be there for the morning
I go back 7th and start school the 8th
YAY NOTIFICATIONS WORK.. for me!

Original post by ForeverFrench
I'm at boarding school so go back a day earlier because ovbs I sleep at school so need to be there for the morning
I go back 7th and start school the 8th

Ah good luck at your boarding scgool. Don't you have induction day?
Welcome to hell... :colone:

Joke. Consistency is key, don't waste your weekend doing like 8+ hours of revision, when you can do 1-2 hours per night and still achieve AAAA.

It's simple, but not easy
YAY NOTIFICATIONS WORK.. for me!

Ah good luck at your boarding scgool. Don't you have induction day?

It's at 2pm-5:30 on the 7th but my train back to school isn't till 3 so I'll be a bit late to it I haven't changed school so I know everyone
It's at 2pm-5:30 on the 7th but my train back to school isn't till 3 so I'll be a bit late to it I haven't changed school so I know everyone

Ah that's good. Having friends from before is good so you won't have to take that extra step of making friends when you go to a new college.
Ah that's good. Having friends from before is good so you won't have to take that extra step of making friends when you go to a new college.

I didn't want to move. The school pretty much saved me after 10 years of bullying so it was essential I stayed
I didn't want to move. The school pretty much saved me after 10 years of bullying so it was essential I stayed

Ah bullying sucks so bad, don't worry I've been throught that 'stage' of life as well :smile:
Ah bullying sucks so bad, don't worry I've been throught that 'stage' of life as well :smile:

It sucks but it's being my whole life barring the last two years so a tougher story then most bullying stories
It sucks but it's being my whole life barring the last two years so a tougher story then most bullying stories

Yeah true, always remember though, after hardship is success. You'll become a stronger person after you've been bullied
Yeah true, always remember though, after hardship is success. You'll become a stronger person after you've been bullied

I'm pretty tough
Excited to start alevels with all my friends

My induction day is on the 1st of September and my first actual day is on the 2nd September ~it's so soon now :mute:
I'm pretty tough
Excited to start alevels with all my friends

Yeah that's good. You will have support as well because you're with your friends. :smile:

Original post by I need starbucks
My induction day is on the 1st of September and my first actual day is on the 2nd September ~it's so soon now :mute:

Wow, that is soon.. Holidays have gone so quickly though

Latest