Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not to mention if you actually need reminding, by a whopping great loud speaker, to go and pray you can't be overlydeserving to start with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Actually, I know the people who ring the bells in several local churches and I can say for a fact you are wrong. But of course you are obviously better informed than me as you are half my age and almost certainly don't know any bell-ringers.
    *Just found out you claim to be a bell ringer, but I didn't know they still hired 8 year-olds, assuming that's how old you are based on your spelling and lack of intelligent responses. And as for bell tolling songs having lyrics? Yeah. I believe you.
    And even in another post you claim to be a troll... why do I even bother?
    Secondly in primary school I learnt the difference between my rights and my writes... Looks like someone's still in Pampers.
    As for treating them badly, it's not treating them badly to not allow a minority group to degrade the quality of like of a majority by them shouting loud arabic or bell ringing at ridiculous hours to tell the minority group to pray to a false idol.
    And furthermore is not the justice system revolving around the idea of retribution? If A steals from B then A goes to jail, he's not forgiven by B until he has served a penance.
    As for 8am on a Sunday being anti-social... The 'call to prayer' is at 6am now most people get up at 7am unless, like you, they are lazy, that means they are up or at least awake by 8am whereas very few people are actually awake at 6am, so that is anti-social. Would you like me to explain the difference further or do you admit defeat to my superior argument.
    Who gets up at 7am on a Sunday and why is it "lazy" if you sleep in later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Actually, I know the people who ring the bells in several local churches and I can say for a fact you are wrong. But of course you are obviously better informed than me as you are half my age and almost certainly don't know any bell-ringers.
    *Just found out you claim to be a bell ringer, but I didn't know they still hired 8 year-olds, assuming that's how old you are based on your spelling and lack of intelligent responses. And as for bell tolling songs having lyrics? Yeah. I believe you.
    And even in another post you claim to be a troll... why do I even bother?
    Secondly in primary school I learnt the difference between my rights and my writes... Looks like someone's still in Pampers.
    As for treating them badly, it's not treating them badly to not allow a minority group to degrade the quality of like of a majority by them shouting loud arabic or bell ringing at ridiculous hours to tell the minority group to pray to a false idol.
    And furthermore is not the justice system revolving around the idea of retribution? If A steals from B then A goes to jail, he's not forgiven by B until he has served a penance.
    As for 8am on a Sunday being anti-social... The 'call to prayer' is at 6am now most people get up at 7am unless, like you, they are lazy, that means they are up or at least awake by 8am whereas very few people are actually awake at 6am, so that is anti-social. Would you like me to explain the difference further or do you admit defeat to my superior argument.
    The call to prayer is not at 6am - not these days anyway. The first one happens at dawn so it can be at ridiculous hours like 3am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Maybe in an area where the vast majority of people are Muslim (like some places in tower hamlets) it would be fine but I wouldn't want it in somewhere like central London or a non-Muslim area.
    So you want little pockets of Pakistan, as long as its not your area that becomes little Pakistan?

If you want 95% Muslim ghetto's then this seems a great idea because you can bank on working people and non muslims wanting to move away as fast as possible. House prices and business will drop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    So you want little pockets of Pakistan, as long as its not your area that becomes little Pakistan?

If you want 95% Muslim ghetto's then this seems a great idea because you can bank on working people and non muslims wanting to move away as fast as possible. House prices and business will drop
    I'm just saying that places which have a majority Muslim population should have the right to broadcast the adhan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I'm just saying that places which have a majority Muslim population should have the right to broadcast the adhan.
    No they shouldnt /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    No they shouldnt /
    Well we clearly disagree. That was just my opinion. Have a nice day

ReputationRep:
    "That grass is purple"

"No its not here's why"

"Bleh oh well we disagree, have a lovely day sir"

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Not really, have you been there?
    Nope I really haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That would be awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why? Is it because you can't download an app or put an alarm on for when you need to pray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Why? Is it because you can't download an app or put an alarm on for when you need to pray?
    Having it on the streets where everyone can hear it is so much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree - it shows we are a tolerant country which welcomes multiculturalism and promotes freedom of religion.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How? It would just mean a lot of angry non Muslim neighbours. And can't you put your alarm as call to prayer?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)
    I agree - it shows we are a tolerant country which welcomes multiculturalism and promotes freedom of religion.

How? It would just mean a lot of angry non Muslim neighbours. And can't you put your alarm as call to prayer?
    What's there to be angry about?
    It's much better hearing it live

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What's there to be angry about?
    It's much better hearing it live

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What time is call to prayer? Isn't it at dawn when most people are sleeping?

If they were blasting out Beyonce or Adele then perhaps. But sadly, they're not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

Don't mosque's already do this? I used to live in Blackburn and I'd hear the singing of Imams broadcast all over Audley at least twice a day

ReputationRep:
    What time is call to prayer? Isn't it at dawn when most people are sleeping?

If they were blasting out Beyonce or Adele then perhaps. But sadly, they're not.
    It's only for a couple of minutes.
    You're more likely to wake up from a police siren or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there are apps for this, i certainly don't want to be woken up at 4am in the morning, and i also think this is very dominating

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea - how about not playing the adhan for every prayer, rather just for the Jum'ah friday prayers. Only once a week during Midday, not so bad.

But personally, I am against making the adhan 5 times a day. This would only make serve against Muslim interests and only play up much more anti-Muslim sentiments amongst the wider British populace and the whole "Eurabia" crap and is not necessary. At most, a single adhan for the Jum'ah prayers could be sensible perhaps, a once per week thing in a okay timing. Just make sure the Mu'adhin has a beautiful voice so as to not disturb or bother non Muslims and soothe them to an extent.

Also, this move should be accompanied by a huge increase of Mosques engaging in a wide host of positive interactions with non-Muslim British society, and people like Anjem Choudry need to find their greatest enemies not in the English Defense League, but from the Muslim British populace, communities, Mosques, Islamic Scholars, Quranic teachers, and everyday people. The wider British Muslim community should really look up to Sikhs and even try to surpass them in doing things like fundraising for the local homeless shelter, having free kitchens for those who are in need of food, and serving as noted arbiters and peacemakers amongst different communities whether Muslim or non-Muslim. Some of this is already happening, but there is much good and positivism that can be generated from the Muslim community that can overturn alot of the anti-Muslim madness thats been pervasive in some circles. While it is certainly wrong to group Muslims as a monolith, it is necessary that striking a much better relation with the non-Muslim British public as a group will erode alot of negative stereotypes that can't seemingly go away despite what Muslims do. So even though it is unfair, it really is necessary that there is a large consensus amongst British Muslims to act as a group and not be so divided as commanded by the Prophet sw. It's a sad reality when a single Muslim can mess things up for countless others, so an image of in-group cohesiveness projected to the wider British society that works in lockstep in engaging in good relations with their non-Muslim peers and standing against the likes of Anjem is the only way things can improve in our current climate. Many will obviously continue to ignore this in favor of continued denunciation of Muslims and anti-Muslim rhetoric, but they will become a smaller minority as the wider British public takes notice and eventually come to see British Muslims in a much better light.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.