UCL applicants for 2017 entry

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Probably a lie unless it is for a course with no competition.
    When I applyed last year, some people had UCL offers in October for courses like English Lit, which are definitely competitive! It really depends, UCL give out offers from October to March depending on a number of things. I got my offer for Modern Langauges in early November.

ReputationRep:
    (This is directed to other Econ applicants)

To confirm, we just ignore the email asking for module grades if we put it on our UCAS, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    (This is directed to other Econ applicants)

To confirm, we just ignore the email asking for module grades if we put it on our UCAS, right?
    I got the same email for Maths ums (applying for maths) and had already put it on UCAS

I still sent the form back to them completed as there's no harm in sending them it twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Hiya I've heard nothing yet unfortunately. With it being a new course this year I wonder if they are still smoothing out who deals with enquiries etc lol
    Give them a ring and refer to the e-mail you sent. I'm limited with my options so not so urgent for me. But if you could let me know what they say I'd be very grateful *
    Hi again,

I called them and they said if they need any more information they will ask for it, I sent my application and applied for the Bsc along with my other medicine choices on the 12th of October but I haven't even received an acknowledgement from UCL but I have for all my other medicine choices, did you end up applying for it too then ? And have you heard anything back yet from them ?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    Hi again,

I called them and they said if they need any more information they will ask for it, I sent my application and applied for the Bsc along with my other medicine choices on the 12th of October but I haven't even received an acknowledgement from UCL but I have for all my other medicine choices, did you end up applying for it too then ? And have you heard anything back yet from them ?

Thank you.
    Hi pet

Yes I still applied for their BScs on the 12th and I received an e-mail from them on the 13th acknowledging its receipt and inviting me to join their user portal (their equiv. of Track). I've not heard anything else mind you. Have you checked your spam?

ReputationRep:
    Hi pet

Yes I still applied for their BScs on the 12th and I received an e-mail from them on the 13th acknowledging its receipt and inviting me to join their user portal (their equiv. of Track). I've not heard anything else mind you. Have you checked your spam?
    Hey,

I checked my spam but still haven't found anything, I emailed them asking if I was sent an acknowledgment and I didn't receive it or if they just haven't sent me one yet. Anyway, where else have you applied ? I ended up applying to Birmingham, Kings, Hull-york medical school and Liverpool for med.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akpai22)
    Anyone applying to physics at UCL? Anyone got any offers yet?

GCSE: 7A*s, 1A, 1B
    AS: 2A
    A2: A* and predicted a further A*A*A*

Doing Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Already got an A* in Maths.
    I've applied for Physics! Haven't heard anything back from them after the acknowledgement email though

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I checked my spam but still haven't found anything, I emailed them asking if I was sent an acknowledgment and I didn't receive it or if they just haven't sent me one yet. Anyway, where else have you applied ? I ended up applying to Birmingham, Kings, Hull-york medical school and Liverpool for med.
    Ahh you've done what you can for now then. Well done on finalising your choices, must be a relief! I have applied for Liverpool & King's for Medicine 5yr too and Southampton for their Foundation (long story). UCL for a BSc, I actually changed my mind though and went for Applied Medical Sciences rather than the Engineering route! I also applied for BSc Anatomy & Human Biology at Liverpool. Best of luck from here :-) x

ReputationRep:
    how competitive is economics & business with east European studies? anyone here applying for it?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh you've done what you can for now then. Well done on finalising your choices, must be a relief! I have applied for Liverpool & King's for Medicine 5yr too and Southampton for their Foundation (long story). UCL for a BSc, I actually changed my mind though and went for Applied Medical Sciences rather than the Engineering route! I also applied for BSc Anatomy & Human Biology at Liverpool. Best of luck from here :-) x
    oooh kings is my first choice and I really like the look of Liverpool too, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else facing this message when trying to log into the ucl portal:

Your UCL userid has not been generated yet. Please check back later. You will be sent an email when your UCL userid is ready. Regards,ISD Service Desk, UCL
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the___jackal)
    is anyone else facing this message when trying to log into the ucl portal:

Your UCL userid has not been generated yet. Please check back later. You will be sent an email when your UCL userid is ready. Regards,ISD Service Desk, UCL
    ?
    Yes! I tried logging in on Thursday for the first time and I'm still seeing that message, also I need to fill out my natural science streams for next week so don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Any biochem applicants heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email to log into their portal for biomedical engineering but when I tried registering it told me my portal wasn't ready...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alldaydreaming)
    Any biochem applicants heard anything yet?
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

Thank you.
    Hi! I sent my application on the 11th and all the Unis emailed me on the 12th. UCL sent me emails (medicine and applied medical sciences) on the 15th. So I'll say wait for a week and they should send you an email.
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Crossed fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Hi! I sent my application on the 11th and all the Unis emailed me on the 12th. UCL sent me emails (medicine and applied medical sciences) on the 15th. So I'll say wait for a week and they should send you an email.
    Good Luck
    Alright, Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.thompson22)
    Nothing
    I got an acknowledgement last night but that's all When did you send your application off? And where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an acknowledgement from Mechanical Engineering? If so, when did you apply?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.