HMRC 042R Officer Caseworkers (External) October 2016

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitell)
    Which location did u apply to? I haven't heard anything back as of yet.
    I have had the same email and I applied for Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priscal)
    I have just received an update email, in that email they advised that they have received exceptional volume of applications in my preferred location. Hence, it will now take longer than they had expected to get back. They said they will advise me of the outcome by the 17thof this month. I was hell scared to open the email as it didn’t start with the usual motivating words (We are delighted, we are happy …..).
    Name:  image.png
Views: 28
Size:  318.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell2211)
    Hi Has anyone had a response to say the were in top scorer applications for the online test part? I recieved the response last week, they said they will get back to me in 2 weeks from then , maybe sooner.

Looks as though the competency stage is harder judged from comments on this thread!

Good luck to everyone and guys dont stress too much about the tests if you haven't done them. I was delaying it and then one late evening , was very tired said to myself cmon lets get this done!

Just crack on with it, makesure you have no distractions, i ran out of time for the last few questions on numeric test and just guessed. Either i got lucky or got all the ones i did in time, right. Hope this instills some confidence if you dont manage to complete last couple qs. dont panic
    Yes I had the same email , good luck with your application 😊

ReputationRep:
    I got a very similar email as above, but with a note about not being able to move an application to another location (not that I asked) and with a date of the 21st October. The date given for interviews is early November.

ReputationRep:
    Same for me and i applied for Bristol too. Anyone have any idea how many vacancies there are at each centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEJACKLE)
    I got a very similar email as above, but with a note about not being able to move an application to another location (not that I asked) and with a date of the 21st October. The date given for interviews is early November.
    Oh I've only just noticed that the email above doesn't mention that we can't change location.. It says that in mine too

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I submitted the whole application for this post- including the competency statements and online tests- on 26 Sept 2016.

I found the verbal reasoning test more harder to get my head round and was certain that I hadn't done well on it (wasn't confident that my answers were correct and didn't finish the test in time) however, I received a response on 5 Oct to say that I had one of the most top scoring applications!
    So plough through and hang in there.

I do feel that the numerical test was easier and this is where I'm certain that I picked up most of the points.

I have now received an email yesterday on the 11th stating that they are still reviewing my application, however they have to push back their timescales due to a high number of applicants applying in my area. I should expect to hear further by 17 Oct. Eek!

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LolaJays)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 28
Size:  318.8 KB
    I received exactly the same email. Where did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    I received exactly the same email. Where did you apply to?
    Bristol, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LolaJays)
    I have had the same email and I applied for Bristol
    Hi, I am Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet? Monday 17th to hear if I have progressed to the interview stage seems forever.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet? Monday 17th to hear if I have progressed to the interview stage seems forever.
    nothing yet..... i think i am wearing my email out checking every ten minutes!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bjt9636)
    nothing yet..... i think i am wearing my email out checking every ten minutes!!!!!!
    The wait is on.

ReputationRep:
    The wait is on.
    Has anybody heard anything further yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azalea3206)
    Has anybody heard anything further yet?
    I haven't but for Liverpool we were given the date of 24th October so not expecting anything soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamF95)
    I haven't but for Liverpool we were given the date of 24th October so not expecting anything soon
    I had the same email as above so waiting until 17th to see if the application has progressed to interview stage. Would like to know either way now!

ReputationRep:
    I had the same email as above so waiting until 17th to see if the application has progressed to interview stage. Would like to know either way now!
    My email said by 17th but was kind of hoping it would appear today instead of thinking about it all over the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kas1974)
    My email said by 17th but was kind of hoping it would appear today instead of thinking about it all over the weekend!
    I know! Maybe they need more time to decide

ReputationRep:
    I know! Maybe they need more time to decide
    I'd probably anticipate an email on Monday saying there's a delay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamF95)
    I'd probably anticipate an email on Monday saying there's a delay
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow, I'm anticipating a rejection as I really do not think that I completed the competencies well at all.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.