Turn on thread page Beta

I don't want to have kids......... a girlfriend earning a decent salary as well as I , both working full time living in the rural countryside with a nice property

Maybe i'll have kids when I feel like it, later on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    i'm male, and you'll have to wait a few years if you want to marry me, i'm not planning on getting married until 2011 and kids will be 2013
    was that an offer? join the queue.. (well, ok, he hasn't actually asked in so many words yet, but.. )

plus..too much medic-ness! in our first lecturer, the guy made some comment about 'look around this lecture theatre.. the chances are at least 3 pairs here will end up marrying.' cue lots of women recoiling in horror..

hmm, i think me part-time on ~50K might be able to send a few of the children to school at least..

& you might get broody at some point, Daz!
    which rural countryside is it you want to live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    was that an offer? join the queue.. (well, ok, he hasn't actually asked in so many words yet, but.. )

plus..too much medic-ness! in our first lecturer, the guy made some comment about 'look around this lecture theatre.. the chances are at least 3 pairs here will end up marrying.' cue lots of women recoiling in horror..

hmm, i think me part-time on ~50K might be able to send a few of the children to school at least..

you have a queue?? *cough* medic slut *cough* !

isn't it a bit early for marriage, i take it you're 19/20? you don't want to be appearing on trisha in a couple of years complaining about young love, do you?

and you're right, a lecturer said a similar thing to us - marrying a fellow doctor would be scary!

"hi honey i'm home. ooh there was this illustrious chest radiograph in work today."

"oh really?"

"yeah, the cardiomegaly was to die for.."

"oh stop turning me on and cook the dinner" ...

ok, slightly over-exaggerated .

(Original post by Elles)

hello

what do you mean by broody? anywhere really........ somewhere where it's quiet, has a nice local pub, nice setting, atmosphere and a nice big warm property

ReputationRep:
    *resists hijacking thread further!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    you have a queue?? *cough* medic slut *cough* !
    well, someone who has 1st refusal right now at least.. not that i would ever ask..

isn't it a bit early for marriage, i take it you're 19/20? you don't want to be appearing on trisha in a couple of years complaining about young love, do you?
    19.. a young one.. & yes, ideally would marry after graduating i think (from the MB ChB, not merely the BA after next year - though interesting technicality there!).
    but there's plenty of scope for everything to go horribly wrong & for me to become bitter & man hating..

& end up marrying another middle aged Dr, as those are the only people i see.. & having conversations like the above example..lol.

'broody' = wanting children!

ReputationRep:
    There is no direct correlation between happiness and monetary wealth. The few amenities possessed by the rich which the comparatively impoverished may lack function typically; either as novelties, or as amalgamations of separate technologies, already in general use. In crude terms, it strikes me that once you have the biggest television; the biggest refrigerator; the biggest living room; the biggest bathtub, you have realised the fruition of your pecuniary ambitions, and your sole remaining option will be to live vicariously through your children by channelling those surplus funds into the lubrication of their own procession towards actual fulfilment. It is thus unwise to subsist purely on one's transitory financial aspirations: all money provides is amenity, and opportunity; it befalls you nonetheless to appropriate the amenities aforesaid in such a way as to facilitate happiness; and, if happiness happens not to reside in any of those ill-gotten gains, then it further befalls you to alter your circumstances in order to accomodate your own fulfilment. One must endeavour to keep in mind that money is but a means to an end; never an end in itself. It is thus that I can profess my utmost respect and admiration for NikNak: god bless you, and all who sail with you - I wish you the best of luck for your future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    but there's plenty of scope for everything to go horribly wrong & for me to become bitter & man hating..
    That's what I've already done, without things going horribly wrong! They just haven't happened :rolleyes:

Two of our medics in our year are getting married next summer :eek: and two of the medics in my college are going out, but a long long long way from anything like that, thank God!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    There is no direct correlation between happiness and monetary wealth. The few amenities possessed by the rich which the comparatively impoverished may lack function typically; either as novelties, or as amalgamations of separate technologies, already in general use. In crude terms, it strikes me that once you have the biggest television; the biggest refrigerator; the biggest living room; the biggest bathtub, you have realised the fruition of your pecuniary ambitions, and your sole remaining option will be to live vicariously through your children by channelling those surplus funds into the lubrication of their own procession towards actual fulfilment. It is thus unwise to subsist purely on one's transitory financial aspirations: all money provides is amenity, and opportunity; it befalls you nonetheless to appropriate the amenities aforesaid in such a way as to facilitate happiness; and, if happiness happens not to reside in any of those ill-gotten gains, then it further befalls you to alter your circumstances in order to accomodate your own fulfilment. One must endeavour to keep in mind that money is but a means to an end; never an end in itself. It is thus that I can profess my utmost respect and admiration for NikNak: god bless you, and all who sail with you - I wish you the best of luck for your future.
    Wow beautifully written!! ...wonder what it says! lol .

ReputationRep:
    Investment banker - pays hundreds of thousands of pounds!!!
    Actuary - Average salary of £100 000
    Operations research - hundreds of thousands also - depends on whom you work for

finance pays better than engineering I really would have liked to become an engineer, lol, but i'm poor!!!

ReputationRep:
    swell... it really is building up that maths really is important... look at all that 3 digit numbers, usually links to banking and accountancy

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.