ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simatemcprimate)
    Oh yeah! I've just seen the biggest spoiler on Wikipedia,

Spoiler:
    Show
    Mickey returns for this next 2 parter!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I expected that to happen anyway. After all, if the cybermen can get across to to Rose's 'original' Earth, why not him? And it seems obvious that the only reason they had the parallel worlds colliding was to bring him back.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Where'd he go in the first place? I missed the second half of Cybermen...

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo! In reference to spoilers, I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure if Rose will die, you know... it certainly looks that way, but something doesn't add up.

"I can’t guarantee who will survive and who won’t, but I can assure you the Tardis is going on its scariest journey yet.”

Why be mysterious about it, and yet put glaring hints in the trailers and episodes leading up to it? Perhaps they're making us think she'll die, then hit us with some other twist that'll be even more shocking because we weren't expecting it! Maybe she gets stuck in some other universe or something and someone else will die.

Or maybe (probably) Russell T. Davis isn't as smart as I thought and is just going to go with the glaringly obvious! I hope not, that wouldn't be as good.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's science fiction. No-one ever really dies. If they want her to do a cameo/she needs the money they'll just cast her as a shape shifter pretending to be Rose, or as Rose on her two week holiday from the Tardis that turned into lots of adventures but she couldn't tell David Tennant because it was with Daniel Radcliffe as the Doctor. (and yes, I would like to officially predict that Daniel Radcliffe will one day play Dr Who...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippak)
    Well it's science fiction. No-one ever really dies. If they want her to do a cameo/she needs the money they'll just cast her as a shape shifter pretending to be Rose, or as Rose on her two week holiday from the Tardis that turned into lots of adventures but she couldn't tell David Tennant because it was with Daniel Radcliffe as the Doctor. (and yes, I would like to officially predict that Daniel Radcliffe will one day play Dr Who...)
    *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippak)
    But that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll appear to kill her off in this episode :p:

And if Daniel Radcliffe ever becomes the Doctor, I'll stop watching. Ew.

ReputationRep:
    I just saw saturday just gones episode, and it was pretty damn good, second one ive seen, and i loved it

Billie Piper :love:

He is funny, so good as the Doctor i think

ill continue to watch this in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    And if Daniel Radcliffe ever becomes the Doctor, I'll stop watching. Ew.
    :ditto: gaaah.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    i saw that too the other day and was gonna post it but i couldnt figure out how to do the Spoiler thing,

ReputationRep:
    To find out how to do it go to the bar at the top of the page and go to Rules. Scroll down until you get to the specific rules about entertainment and it tells you how to put a spoiler on what you want to write there.

ReputationRep:
    If this is the 2-parter that rose will be the "valiant child who will soon die in battle", oh dear, i can see these alternatives:

1 - She is Exterminated by an Dalek.
    2 - She is gunned down by the Cybermen.
    3 - She is shot by the Cybermen and then taken to be converted.
    4 - She is restrained by the Cybermen, prior to be converted.

She'll be lucky if option 1 or 2 arew the case, as if option 3 or 4 are the case, she'd be better off dead (The Doctor will probably be the one to shoot her). Looks like the Gelth won't be in this one, it'll be the OTHER type of ghosts. A pity, I like Rose.

I suspect that this is Torchwood's doing, they mess with the "sphere", this is what is causing the "Ghosts", Ironic isn't it? If this is the case, the self-proclaimed defenders of Earth are themselves responsible for this incident and they need the Doctor to help clear it up (hope they have his UNIT file handy and don't base thier judgement on him based on some letter written by Queen Victoria).

Then Pete Tyler from "Cybus Earth" and Mickey Smith will come back (in Mickey's case, back to his universe of origin). It'll be a suprise for Jackie to see her Late husband alive and well, after his death in 1987 and it'll be a suprise to Rose (if she meets him before her demise).

As for the Cybermen, they ROCK! Now that they have energy weapons, instead of killing by electric shock gauntlets, although I did like that bit when they were converted in Battersea Power Station to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", ****** Funny! Have they tried using explosives against these "Cybus" Cybermen? Bullets can't hurt them, is it the same with explosives such as grenades?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you look back into the history of the Doctor when he faced them, I can't remember which Doctor it was I think it was Slyvester McCoy, the Doctor finds a weapon that is capable of stopping the cybermen; gold metal. So if they get gold tipped bullets that will affect the Cybermen

ReputationRep:
    Well if you look back into the history of the Doctor when he faced them, I can't remember which Doctor it was I think it was Slyvester McCoy, the Doctor finds a weapon that is capable of stopping the cybermen; gold metal. So if they get gold tipped bullets that will affect the Cybermen
    Peter Davison used gold to kill the Cyber-Leader in Earthshock.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they might use any weapons to fight the Cybermen which have been used by the Doctor before e.g. gold.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hah, I totally knew it. They couldn't get rid of him that easily, he was too central, and when they said that this world "was coliding with another," which happened to have cybermen in it, they couldn't not involve Mickey.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that the face of Boe (sp?) may return in this episode ? At the beginning of this series he had something really important to tell the doctor, but will only inform the Doctor when he's on his way out (next time they meet). Or could well be another story for another day.

This 2 parter looks great. Cybermen are fantastic, hope to see a dalek too

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see the quote on the Army of Ghosts episode section of the BBC website?

"She's not Rose Tyler. Not any more."

If they cybernise Rose they are going to traumatise a lot of kids for life.

And I will be permanently traumatised too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Anyone see the quote on the Army of Ghosts episode section of the BBC website?

"She's not Rose Tyler. Not any more."

If they cybernise Rose they are going to traumatise a lot of kids for life.

And I will be permanently traumatised too.
    Maybe she will lose her memory...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.