Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clallen2)
    you mean piaget and vygotsky??
    yeahh i do! Are u doing them too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcblingbling)
    yea i am. im gunna look over some other topics, but hopefully itll be those 3! i seem to be spending all my time on psychology, then i realised i have chemistry and biology on thursday and friday
    but hopefully ill do well in psy!

Hehe :p:
    how are you revising the 3 main questions?
    and how are you reivisng the other "less significant" amount of information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matchbox123)
    yeahh i do! Are u doing them too??
    yeah....unfortunately. how u finding revising it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrylux)
    Hehe :p:
    how are you revising the 3 main questions?
    and how are you reivisng the other "less significant" amount of information
    ive done timed essays on them to see how much i could write in 30 mins, and have dome some essay plans. just gotta keep going over them.
    i want to not bother bout the other topics but knowing my luck they will come up! im just gunna read over the other topics but not in as much detail

ReputationRep:
    I've just counted the names/studies that are mentioned in HALF of my revision notes.. it's around 90. :| This exam is insane.

ReputationRep:
    yeah....unfortunately. how u finding revising it?
    ****! lol
    Do u have any predictions of what might come up??
    Cos i dont have a clue and would reaaally like to have an idea
    Im not revising the cog development theories cos they came up in jan, are u ? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcblingbling)
    ive done timed essays on them to see how much i could write in 30 mins, and have dome some essay plans. just gotta keep going over them.
    i want to not bother bout the other topics but knowing my luck they will come up! im just gunna read over the other topics but not in as much detail

haha ditto!! goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've finished my go-over of relationships! going to sleep now and refuel on coffee to finish bio-rythms etc and comparative psychology, I'm exhausted.

Does anyone know if they can ask questions solely asking for studies? I've seen lots of fairly open questions 'discuss theories of relationship breakdown etc' and lots of 'discuss research (theories and/or studies) into relationship breakdown' but can they just ask for 'discuss studies into relationship breaddown' cause then I'm *****ed.

By the way to anyone planning on only revising a couple of sections please don't - I did this last year and started revision 3 days before the exam, I got a big fat U despite having got three As the previous year - they even stuck a question in that I had never done in school before and wasn't in any of my revision books. grr.

ReputationRep:
    i have no predictions.
    I keep trying to avoid this section but im doing it now.
    Well we need to know them to a certain degree incase of an application to education question.
    This is just too much....the results aren't indicative of how much you understand just how many rote learned facts you can write down in a set amount of time. im dreading tommorow, hopefully pya5 will be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MediterraneanX)

By the way to anyone planning on only revising a couple of sections please don't - I did this last year and started revision 3 days before the exam, I got a big fat U despite having got three As the previous year - they even stuck a question in that I had never done in school before and wasn't in any of my revision books. grr.

Please don't say this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matchbox123)
    ****! lol
    Do u have any predictions of what might come up??
    Cos i dont have a clue and would reaaally like to have an idea
    Im not revising the cog development theories cos they came up in jan, are u ? x
    i forgot to quote b4 ^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MediterraneanX)
    Ok I've finished my go-over of relationships! going to sleep now and refuel on coffee to finish bio-rythms etc and comparative psychology, I'm exhausted.

Does anyone know if they can ask questions solely asking for studies? I've seen lots of fairly open questions 'discuss theories of relationship breakdown etc' and lots of 'discuss research (theories and/or studies) into relationship breakdown' but can they just ask for 'discuss studies into relationship breaddown' cause then I'm *****ed.

Really?! That's awful! Um, I don't think they can ask for just research/studies.. they used to but now they always ask for research and/or theories so I think you are okay. But what they can do is part the question, so a) discuss two theories into relationship maintenance/breakdown.. (12) b) evaluate one theory that you stated in a) (12)

I posted how i'd answer that question in this thread a few hours ago, check it out and see if that's what you'd write, cos I have no idea if i've written enough, although I don't think I have

ReputationRep:
    whats have you all got in your seperate psychology modules so far?
    i have got a b c c and i retook one that i messed up on lol.. hoping for a C! yeah baby!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to fail I need an A but I so doubt I'll get it. I just can't get my head round revision.

ReputationRep:
    i have got a b c c and i retook one that i messed up on lol.. hoping for a C! yeah baby!
    ABB, hoping for an A, but right now, doubting that very much lol :mad:

ReputationRep:
    need some help please people...im revising over biological rhythms, and im finding it hard getting my head around like endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers, i dont want someone to type out a whole essay just a bit of a generalisaton so it will stick in my head please? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katxkay)
    Does anyone feel that personality development will come up for question 11
    as gender identity/roles was in a jan08 paper
    and adolescence was in the june 07 paper
    ???????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
    wish PyA5 was first :-(
    errr i havent even started on that topic!!!!!!! deffo a chance dat personailty dev might come up but im not risking it so im going to 2 adolescence too....what questions to we need to be able to answer for these????

ReputationRep:
    AAAA, but i dont know what's happened since then...its like my brains run away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjust_an_angelx)
    need some help please people...im revising over biological rhythms, and im finding it hard getting my head around like endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers, i dont want someone to type out a whole essay just a bit of a generalisaton so it will stick in my head please? xxx

Endogenous pacemakers are the bodies internal structures which sets our free running natural rhythm. They are used in controlling circadian rhythms (rhythms once every 24 hours), such as the sleep-wake cycle, and the temperature cycle.

The internal body clock is controlled by the interactions of proteins, which increase and decrease during the day, so at the end of the day, a new cycle can be initiated. What controls the biological clock are the SCN and the pineal gland. The SCN is a bundle of nerves in the hypothalamus, which recieves input of light from the optic nerve, which adjusts the biological clock to fit in with the rhythm of the environment. The pineal gland also recieves input of light, and if there is dark, melatonin is secreted, if it is light, less melatonin is secreted. This is how the biological clock can also be adjusted.

Exogenous zeitgebers are environmental factors which adjust the endogenous pacemakers to fit in with the environment. Researchers used to believe these were social cues, such as going to bed at a time suited to your age, which controlled your free running sleep-wake cycle. However, later research found that it is mainly controlled by light, which readjust your internal rhythm. Evidence from this comes from blind people who do not recieve the information of light, and have different sleeping patterns, such as those of 24.9 hours.

ReputationRep:
    AAAA, but i dont know what's happened since then...its like my brains run away
    OMG I am going to Goldsmiths to do Psychology too! Not until 2009 though, damn gap year :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2008

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.