Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    whats TOEFL eve_22 is something to do with English Language??
    Its an english language proficiency exam, similar to IELTS...You do reading,writing, speaking and listening sections, just like in the latter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    Its an english language proficiency exam, similar to IELTS...You do reading,writing, speaking and listening sections, just like in the latter...
    A lot of people state it's easier than ielts, is it therefore that you're taking the toefl? Fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Didi Kule)
    A lot of people state it's easier than ielts, is it therefore that you're taking the toefl? Fingers crossed for you
    I like it because of its format-its all done on computer rather then on paper...I have done some practice IELTS tests in the book and TOEFL isnt much easier, as you have a lot of reading and analysing to do...but then again its different for everyone

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I like it because of its format-its all done on computer rather then on paper...I have done some practice IELTS tests in the book and TOEFL isnt much easier, as you have a lot of reading and analysing to do...but then again its different for everyone

Thanks!
    Why do you actually need the test? As you said earlier, you're working in london for six years now and I always thought, one needs only two or three years in an English speaking country... But anyway, It won't be too much trouble for you

ReputationRep:
    Why do you actually need the test? As you said earlier, you're working in london for six years now and I always thought, one needs only two or three years in an English speaking country... But anyway, It won't be too much trouble for you
    Its because I havent studied here before and academic language is considered to be different to that used during employment...

ReputationRep:
    I had a prep book for the IELTS and found it easier than the TOEFL. But I'd had to wait too long to get a place for a test date so I took the TOEFL... I hope I didnt make a mistake lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for clarifying what i ask eve_22 good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am applying for sept 2009 at BCU for the Multimedia Technology foundation course, I have Level 1 and 2 NCFE qualifications in Interactive Media which I done after I left school. I have D-G GCSE's which really aint helping me either. I have done alot of web design, working with flash/dreamweaver which I really enjoy doing.

Have I got hope of getting in?

I turn 21 in September.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so negative about yourself? Just give it a go!
    I feel like I have good reason to be, although I didn't exactly give you much to go on with that other post.

It's worth saying though that it's not the academic side of things that worries me. I'd be looking to do a second undergraduate degree (with my first having been obtained through the Open University) and I just have big doubts about many things. Whether I'll be able to cope with the social side of university life; whether doing a second undergraduate degree so soon after my first would be seen as a big negative in terms of employability; whether it's the right thing to do at my age or even just the right thing for me as a whole.

As you suggest I'm tempted just to give it a go, but before applying I would like to have reached a point where I'm at least somewhat confident about it turning out well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to -

Sheffield - Financial Mathematics
    Newcastle - Financial Mathematics
    and Nottingham Trent - Financial Mathematics

Not sure on the other two yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porscha!)
    I'm applying to -

Sheffield - Financial Mathematics
    Newcastle - Financial Mathematics
    and Nottingham Trent - Financial Mathematics

Not sure on the other two yet!
    Hi Porscha good luck with all that:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou Good look with yours too!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sent off my UCAS application 4 weeks ago, received all Unconditionals back 3 days ago, and confirmed my place at Uni of Sunderland to study Computing :woo:

Roll on September

ReputationRep:
    Well done!! I am sending mine this week....have my fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who has got an offer,

I have submitted my UCAS application on the 5th Nov, I am a mature student, well 22, but its over 21 so that makes me officially a mature student. Anyways, I did the Durham University Foundation year last academic year, which I successfully completed, and was due to start my Gegraphy degree last month, however I decided to take some time out, mainly to earn some money and sort some stuff out, so I have had to reapply to Durham for Sept. 2009, and have also applied to the below choices;

BA Geography
    Durham
    Hull (Geography & History)
    Royal Holloway
    Sheffield
    Sussex

Due to the fact I don't have conventional entry requirements, I applied to the Universities which are more accepting of non conventional entry requirements, I emailed universities to see if they would accept my requirements, I am hoping Durham will accept my application again, but I thought I would cover myself and make some other suitable choices which will hopefully hear a positive response from, fingers crossed. If don't get a place I am really not sure what I will do, wll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. It bad enough going through the UCAS process once, but twice, I thought it would be better, it isn't, very anxious to get a place sorted out, I am determined to continue with my studies and follow my choosen career.

ReputationRep:
    I am in contact with Durham as well
    Law with foundation. Im trying to find out if I can apply
    Hopefully get an answer tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherryy)
    I am in contact with Durham as well
    Law with foundation. Im trying to find out if I can apply
    Hopefully get an answer tomorrow.
    If you are an international student, then there shouldn't be a problem!

ReputationRep:
    If you are an international student, then there shouldn't be a problem!
    Nope, Im an EU student :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherryy)
    Nope, Im an EU student :rolleyes:

Well in that case I wouldnt hold too much hope on Durham Law with Foundation...I am originally from EU myself and have contacted them this year with the same question...Have been told its for International Students only...That's for Law with foundation...It actually states so on their website anw, but there is no harm in asking

ReputationRep:
    Well in that case I wouldnt hold too much hope on Durham Law with Foundation...I am originally from EU myself and have contacted them this year with the same question...Have been told its for International Students only...That's for Law with foundation...It actually states so on their website anw, but there is no harm in asking
    lol ok, i didnt find their website very helpful

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.