Turn on thread page Beta

How many detentions have YOU had?? watch

• View Poll Results: How many detentions have you had?
    36.67%
    1-5
    35.70%
    6-10
    6.60%
    11-20
    6.36%
    21 +
    14.67%

ReputationRep:
    I got a few at the start of secondary school. When the teachers are mean to you to get you in line. But towards the end of school we got less and less. Needless to say in my last two years (12&13) there were no detentions. Actually loved 6th form. Would totally recommend it. Especially if your doing courses with teachers who know there stuff (I never missed a single English Literature, English Language or Geology lesson in two years.)

History thought the teachers decided to teach a different part of the course to what they usually did. The normal Democracy teacher taught Cromwell and the Cromwell taught Democracy. I missed countless lessons. Basically becuase they were s**t teachers. Always did the work thought. Got my friends to email me it, and usually go in when essays were handed in and given back. Still got top marks in the class even when I wasn't there!

I did get threats of detention in yr 12 and 13 from History but it never came to anything.

Around 10. I think i've got the most saturday detentions (yes, saturday detentions) though Or atleast i know what the routine is.

ReputationRep:
    A few....the one with the lesbian German teacher was a fantasy come true.

ReputationRep:
    1. I was very good It was only for forgetting homework.

ReputationRep:
    ive never had a detention

ReputationRep:
    During my whole school life so the last 12 years its got to be be nearing the 200 mark

No joke :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimz666)
    During my whole school life so the last 12 years its got to be be nearing the 200 mark

No joke :\
    Haha, same. In year 3, I had about 5-10 more detentions in a term than there were weeks, even though you could only do one detention a week

ReputationRep:
    Zero! I was a good girl.

(Original post by Amanda)
    Zero! I was a good girl.
    Or a goodie two shoes :hmmm:

Along with 37% of voters :shifty:

ReputationRep:

One of which was a tuesday morning detention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Haha, same. In year 3, I had about 5-10 more detentions in a term than there were weeks, even though you could only do one detention a week

Hahaha Year three was a bad year for me too.. My teacher put me on for everything!

ReputationRep:
    im gonna start this thread of again [=

and i lost count, but i didnt turn up to half of them.
    i also lost count of school detentions (lunch times)
    and i had about 4 after school detentions but i failed to turn up to any of them.

i lost count on isolations, but some were amazing times.

and i got excluded for a day twice...

ahhh, i miss school :')

anyone else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I hardly had any until Year 10.

Year 7 - None. I was a good boy.

Year 8 - 1 'uniform detention' aka spending my lunch hour sitting on the gym floor.

Year 9 - 1 week in isolation for having my hair cut too short, and a few detentions, mostly for missing homework/kit. I got one for reading the newspaper in class and one for using the hymn sheet as a fan during a school mass (catholic school).

As for Year 10.. i won't go there. All i'll say is that it ended up with me being expelled.
    wow your school must of been strict!
    detention for missing homework?!?!
    and for reading a newspaper, wow, me and my mate were reading trinny and susannahs style bible thing in a class, and told our teacher it would be her bible... she said nothing...
    and using a hym sheet as a fan??
    when we went down to church we used our hym sheets to make paper areoplanes when we got out, also i twice suffered laughing fit involving my mates...

i feel sorry for you :|

ReputationRep:
    2 in yr11.

1st one was for going to the loo without asking (wtf?)
    and the 2nd one was for saying at Parents evening "Mr _____ poops out of his mouth"

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how many it was that long ago, I used to get them a lot though as I was always late for registration.

ReputationRep:
    Some in year 7,8 and 9, but generally im a good girl - hence why im head girl :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Had loads of lunchtime detentions for not doing homework, talking or answering back or something silly. Had two after school dententions but never turned up to them and got away with it.
    You Brits have it rough! American teachers put up with so much ****, which could be good or bad for us kids...
    We do not get in trouble, but perhaps we learn less since the teachers waste so much time on the bad kids instead of giving out detentions!

ReputationRep:
    Would have to be between 15 and 20 LOL

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually count these crap?
    Meh.
    I don't know, I quit counting after the first one.

ReputationRep:
    No official detention, but I have had to stay late a couple of times when the class wouldn't behave, and once I had to come back at break for forgetting my reading book :/

Once in year 7 I was sent out the room for absentmindedly rolling up my school newsletter :/

Occasionally forgot to do homework but got away with it because I'm usually good.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.