Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also, has anyone been told they've been unsuccessful yet?

ReputationRep:
    This always happens when people are waiting for grad schemes. We all try and guess the system - but there never is one, they just tell people as is convenient for them. I wish they would do it all at once though, cos its awful hearing other people have got interviews. Checking my emails all the time!

ReputationRep:
    Ive given up hope now dont think they will get in touch with me now! best of luck everyone else but i'm not holding my breath.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up hope Tina. I phoned them again yesterday and the lady who I spoke to said they had literally only just started sifting through all the applications. I've still got my fingers crossed x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Keep those fingers crossed, I heard today that I had a telephone interview, although wierdly it's not showing any time slots available. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks tuppenny. That is weird, maybe you should give them a ring? Congrats tho Really hope I find out soon, either way...

ReputationRep:
    On the phone with my interviewer, she said they were still sorting through applications and people might be contacted any time in the next two/three weeks (I asked how far along they were with interviews, just to be polite).

So, it's good news for anyone waiting: they definitely haven't finished sending out interview invites.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks wings How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    2-3 weeks! We were supposed to find out in early Feb.!

ReputationRep:
    Also, hope it went well Wings and congrats tuppenny

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, was followin this thread at the weekend (had my telephone interview yesterday) so thought I'd finally man up, join and post somethin! The interviewer did say they'd had a lot of applications and were still sortin through them, so fingers crossed for all of you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lush, how did your interview go?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Had my telephone interview this morning, really didn't enjoy it, not being able to see the interviewer makes such a difference. Suspect I didn't do very well, but it's all experience, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    It is horrible not being able to see the interviewer. It makes silences feel really awkward, or it did for me anyway. If you can actually see the other person writing notes or checking their sheet, it's not so uncomfortable when they're silent.

My interview wasn't too good. I accidentally flashed my politics by implying that the conservative party wouldn't do local government many favours in terms of funding allocation. Oops...

Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

I too got an interview coming ...
    are there any unexpected questions?
    Are the interviewers friendly?

thanks and good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire_c_xox)
    Thanks lush, how did your interview go?
    Haven't found out yet, claire_c_xox - they say "you'll be notified asap." Reckon I might be guessin here and have taken notice of what learningbyexperiment said:
    (Original post by learningbyexperiment)
    This always happens when people are waiting for grad schemes. We all try and guess the system - but there never is one, they just tell people as is convenient for them.
    but they probably have a 'Successful', 'Maybe' and 'Unsuccessful' pile, so if you're in the middle one, you might not hear for a bit (and that surely would apply to both the initial apps and the telephone interviews?)

Any news on your app yet?

ReputationRep:
    No news yet, if I haven't heard by next week I think I'm in the no pile x

ReputationRep:
    I have my telephone interview on Tuesday. Won't ask for tips or anything bc it should be a fair process... but would be nice to know if I should expect anything out of the ordinary.

Will post my feelings of nevousness and inadequacy on here by wednesday for sure .

Did they say when you can expect to hear by?

And good luck to all those still waiting! No rejection emails have be sent so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip_3)
    I have my telephone interview on Tuesday. Won't ask for tips or anything bc it should be a fair process... but would be nice to know if I should expect anything out of the ordinary.
    Hey Phillip_3, there's nothin too out of the ordinary - the questions are competancy based and similar to the ones on your application form; the ngdp website lists the skills they're lookin for and you should be able to guess the questions they'll ask - that's what I did and there weren't any nasty surprises, although I'm still yet to hear! Best of luck for it, man.

If they're still schedulin the phone interviews, then they surely can't have processed all the applications yet - fingers crossed you'll hear soon claire_c_xox

ReputationRep:
    I just emailed HR for the status of my application and they said that some candidates may not know if they've got to the telephone interview stage until Mid March! They said that assessment centres aren't until April/ May and they are still working through applications in no particular order.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.