Turn on thread page Beta

Your Most Expensive Piece of Clothing watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValiumBob)
    A jacket made of pure cocaine, £4500
    you've got to sell that man, it's worth a hella lot more than that

ReputationRep:
    My most expensive item would be the dress I bought for my Aunts wedding in August which was £48, which is probably pocket change to some people.

ReputationRep:
    I have a top from Dorothy Perkins that cost £35 but I didn't even buy it. I can't stad spending loads of money on clothes, firstly because I don't normally have it and secondly because I prefer to buy cheaper stuff because I'm just cheap

ReputationRep:
    my prom dress as it was £195 (i didn't pay for it though)

excluding my prom dress, the most expensive item i've got is a £75 everyday dress from monsoon. (again, i didn't pay for it!)

the most expensive items i've bought myself are a few pairs of £40 jeans from topshop.

i used to shop in topshop quite a lot but i've learnt to save my money lol so i mainly shop in cheaper places now like pilot (my fave shop!), primark lol , and dorothy perkins.

ReputationRep:
    Most expensive item was probably my Marni houndstooth suit, approx £860, and a pair of shoes by Alexander McQueen at around £280, and some other shoes at the £220+ mark range..

but I rarely go shopping, and most of it is from money I've saved up.

ReputationRep:
    mine is my leather brown boots- £195 (which i wear all the time in the winter-- plus they will last me many years), next my Karen Millen dress £145.

When i buy something, the first concern for me is it good quality? The second is will i use it? That is why i think its definitely worth spending the extra money, regardless the label. That is why i am not a great fan of Primark- since i find their pieces only last a season.

I dont think it is about being shallow, its personal choice.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is £130 Diesel jeans - bought them over 4 years ago and still wear them. Love them.

ReputationRep:
    £59 on a coat as a treat after working a 60 hour week. I love it, and when it wears out I'll take a pattern from it and make another. Then school shoes that were £45 and a skirt that was £45 with my Christmas money. Normally I live in £5/£10 jeans and t-shirts/second hand men's shirts though.

Oh and I have a Ralph Lauren shirt that someone gave my brother 'cause they were throwing it out, and my brother grew out of it. So that was probably quite pricey.

ReputationRep:
    I feel awful now. I have a £2500 Chloe Coat, and a couple of Vera Wang dresses that cost an unspecified amount of money. >_> It was before I got a conscience, but just after my brother won on the premium bonds. We bought many pointless things that year. Anyway, yeah that's my most expensive item of clothing, although technically it was bought for me, not by me. Now I'm a fiend for Oxfam and Nomads.

ReputationRep:
    I don't spend that much money on clothes :p:
    the most expensive thing I have is my prom dress..:rolleyes: and that wasn't even that much..

ReputationRep:
    Well its not so much clothing, but i do have a Juicy Couture bad that cost around the £200 mark .... didnt buy it myself haha, it was a holiday present

ReputationRep:
    I think my coat cost about £120, but it's damn hardwearing, I've worn in awful conditions and it still looks great. I mainly by clothes for practicality.

ReputationRep:
    My trainers are always quite expensive, between £50 - 60, that's what you get when you wear brands like Etnies. My Bench jacket was £50, that's also quite a lot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buhba)
    Well its not so much clothing, but i do have a Juicy Couture bad that cost around the £200 mark .... didnt buy it myself haha, it was a holiday present
    I have a Juicy bag too, lovely aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    Silk skirt £225.

Don't have much expensive stuff :s
    But do wish I could buy some more

ReputationRep:
    A pair of Limited Edition Ice Cream Shoes that cost £165.

A few Billionaire Boys Club t-shirts and an Ice Cream Jeans...those cost £75 each and going to possibly get some Original Fake stuff as well. Wouldn't go into the thousands tho.

ReputationRep:
    I have a ball dress that cost £120 or so, and a £100 leather coat.

I also have some £100 leather boots, but they are for horse-riding so don't really count.

ReputationRep:
    Canali suit $4500 canadian or roughly 2250 pounds

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.