Is there someone you love/like but you just can't? Watch

Anonymous #50
Report 10 years ago
Mine belongs on hollyoaks: Was in a longterm relationship with a guy who was basically perfect for me. His twin confessed he "loved" me. It wrecked my relationship with my boyfriend because we both knew i also "loved" his twin we're now very close but know we can't go there because it would be too mean on the ex-boyfriend.
Longchenpa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Someone I really like at the moment.

She broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago aswell, so I potentially could. But I've asked her out before a long time ago and she said no.

It's weird because I like her, but I woldn't want to go out with her anyway even if she did like me back.
pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
... you just can't finish the thread title?
Eien
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kitkat01)
I had a HUGE crush on a lad in the year above me in high school for 5 years, about a year ago I got talking to him which is something I had only ever dreamed of doing. He said he liked me and eventually asked me out. I was completely over welmed and shocked by this as I NEVER imagined it to happened and I stupidley turned him down. That was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life as I believe I am in love with him. He now has a girlfriend and is happy with her.
Why on earth did you turn him down? It doesn`t make sense to me...
prettyblueeyes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, right at the minute actually. It's a guy I work with, he's a fair bit older than me (I'm 18, he's almost 30) but he is so lovely. We got to know eachother a lot better when I worked full time during the summer and I feel so comfortable around him. He had a girlfriend that treated him like crap and then split up with her and is now going out with someone else at work (a stunning, size eight Polish blonde, so no wonder) and they have just moved in to a house with some other people together. I recently went to his housewarming drinks and ended up staying up all night with him and his best friend just talking until 9am the next morning. He's gorgeous, funny, very thoughtful and I honestly think he's the sort of person that would make me happy. I don't think he thinks of me as anything more than a friend (or a kid sister, given the age gap!!) and actually said he wasn't good at being friends with women, apart from me. I get butterflies when I see/hear from him and sometimes find myself going out of my way or making up excuses to see him or talk to him... Ah well.. Just have to get over it I suppose!
Oh and the one other guy I quite I met at Uni recently already has a fiancee... just my luck!!
Bagration
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not anymore :P
roman cavalry
Report 10 years ago
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
thenewromance1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate them now.
Anonymous #51
Report 10 years ago
Yeah two people I can't seem to get over one though even though we're friends I get jealous everytime he mentions something about someone he likes.
But I have a wonderful bf though.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angrybanana)
How many people are there in this thread saying they're secretly in love with their best friends?

Once more poses the age old question can boys and girld ever be platonic friends?
Well, she says they can, but I think differently. :sad:
Anonymous #52
Report 10 years ago
Met the most amazing guy earlier this year - we hit it off straight away and got very close. He had a girlfriend but that didn't stop him from kissing me and being very flirty. He said him and his gf weren't getting on at all anyway so I presumed he would break it off. But then he went off to uni and just seemed to forget about me. This broke my heart, I had really thought we were going somewhere, so I went all out and told him I loved him. His response wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Ironically he gets on very well with his gf when they never see each other so now they seem happy again.

I went to stay with him in his halls the other week up in Manchester as I had an interview the next day and needed a place to spend the night. He seemed very keen for us to get together but I could tell he wanted me to be the forward one. I didn't push him into anything as I didn't want to fall for him again only for him to stay with gf and unintentionally hurt me. I don't think he quite understands the pain he has and is causing me. At first it was very difficult and he is still on my mind a lot, but I have had to come to accept that he isn't available and probably only showed an interest in me when times were hard with his gf.

Now I can't really move on, not just yet anyway - I can't seem to find anyone who seems as perfect as he did and I guess I still hope that he will feel the same for me! Its all a bit difficult!!
Anonymous #53
Report 10 years ago
For around two years or so, Ive really liked this girl off my mates course. Ive just found her to be the most beautiful girl Ive ever met. She's good looking, got a nice sense of humour but just down to earth and not loud, gobby like some other British Pakistani girls Ive seen or met over the years.

During last year, we exchanged some glances and at times, it was probably me over reacting things but I just fell for her. Once I got a chance to speak to her and just spoke casually, had a laugh.

But, towards the end of semester 2, I asked a mate of mine to do some digging, see if she was spoken for. He did, asked a mate of hers. She was abit inquisitive and wondering which mate he was asking for. Then she said, she's already spoken for!

I was gutted, but over time, during the summer, I decided to move on. Focus on Uni work and see what happens in the love department. Im a fairly shy, reserved guy but can be talkative on a one on one level or within a small group of 2-3.

Ive seen her few times this year so far, she's been pleasant as usual. Once, we (me, her and a mate of mine), went to get a bite to eat. Had a good laugh, she asked questions about me and I responded with some questions to her. And event though Id said I would try to move on, I cant. I find myself thinking about her, and gutted that shes spoken for.

Even other girls, dont come close to her.

What I found difficult last year to some degree was body language. Maybe I was thinking something that wasnt there...

It just gets me a tad down...

watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, always happens. a little bit of my brain does not want anyone to like me and refuses to believe anyone does, and just pushes away and avoids people that i like and like me back! :/
Anonymous #54
Report 10 years ago
Yes, my ex, who i still love so much but he just doesnt love me anymore. still friends tho which makes it harder to get over him
oSScarecrow
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Harv616)
Best mates sister...ah how that sucked
Why does that matter? I went out with my best mates sister. He was ok about it. And he knew all the gory details...
Anonymous #55
Report 10 years ago
A girl on my course..I liked her from the moment I saw her (shes beautiful)..obviously just physically at the start but then by chance we were talking one night when we were out and found her on facebook and we chat quite a bit now and shes an amazing person too. Shes single. So whats the problem? Im a girl too. *sigh*
Anonymous #56
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A teacher in my school. He is a young one so dont be freaked out. Ha. We have got on really well recently and talked a lot and its almost as he is flirting.
Thing is, im a boy too. Its really weird. We are both straight but there is something between us thats weird. There is so much tension when we are in the same room. I know nothing should happen as he is a teacher, and cos are both straight. its just a weird sensation neither of us can understand. Ahhhh. Its a genuine feeling for this guy. Im so confused. Ahhh.
Very much this, except instead of teacher, its a mate. Its hard to explain, but its not like with my other mates. :woo:
FuzzySheep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yup.
One guy who I've been great friends with over the past year or so has a girlfriend but he's in an LDR. I would NEVER do anything but we keep flirting with each other. I like him, alot.
Another guy is his best friend. I've liked him now for a good 3 years. I used to think he was perfect for me - intelligent, funny, charming etc. We used to flirt a lot too, until suddenly it just all stopped. He now flirts with a few of my friends and kind of ignores me, and I can't help but feel bitter. It gets to the point where I become so angry because I love him so much. But I know nothing'll ever happen now, I can't stand to talk or be near him but the feelings aren't going even slightly. I haven't a clue what to do.
Anonymous #24
Report 10 years ago
Someone in a different country Ive spoken to for 4 years.
ccs
Report 10 years ago
yeah but she's with someone...
its probably best not to ruin our friendship by doing something silly :sad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (227)
39.27%
No - but I will (40)
6.92%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (270)
46.71%

Watched Threads