Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bil1347)
    Over 20% more applications! Where did you find that out from? I guess a lot of graduates who originally would have went for other jobs, banking as an obvious example, are looking for alternatives. I know a number of qualified lawyers who are also considering the Fast Stream as business is slow there.
    Type fast stream into google news, second to last hit.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting articles, thanks Quady

ReputationRep:
    Just had my e-tray today and don't think it went very well Good luck to everyone who has theirs coming up. No-one has heard yet if they passed/failed e-tray I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam5)
    Just had my e-tray today and don't think it went very well Good luck to everyone who has theirs coming up. No-one has heard yet if they passed/failed e-tray I take it?
    The initiall pass/fail marks should be up in the next week or so.

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere between a week on Monday and a week on Wednesday, as indicated previously in this thread and the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Somewhere between a week on Monday and a week on Wednesday, as indicated previously in this thread and the other.
    Hi Quady, Can I ask how you know the dates so precisely? All I know is that we've been told "mid-December" for the setting of pass/fail marks, which is very vague. You also mentioned a while back on this thread that doing 'middlingly' at the initial assessment stage and in the e-tray means you're in about the 65th percentile. Are you involved with Fast Stream recruitment or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam5)
    Hi Quady, Can I ask how you know the dates so precisely? All I know is that we've been told "mid-December" for the setting of pass/fail marks, which is very vague. You also mentioned a while back on this thread that doing 'middlingly' at the initial assessment stage and in the e-tray means you're in about the 65th percentile. Are you involved with Fast Stream recruitment or something?
    Haha no not at all, if I was I wouldn't say such specific things.
    But I was successful last year so I know a thing or two about the process.
    Final online test results came out on Wed 19th of Dec last year, as did the first set of etray results. The timetable doesn't change much year on year.

Yea I remember saying that but a quick scan of this thread and I cant see it

I think I would have said about the 65th percentile get through to etray, and the 65th percentile of those get through to FSAC. Middling would have refered to people who are in the amber band which means they would be in the guessed range of 50th to 80th percentile.

ReputationRep:
    Some quick questions if there are people here who've been through the process before:

1) Are the scores to the online assessment actually released (I passed but have no idea by how much)?

2) If I applied to DS as my first choice - does applying close to the deadline put me at a disadvantage? (are places at final selection board capped?)

3) Is the e-tray stage marked on the e-tray exercise or on the e-tray excersise and the online-test-resit combined? (I know the 3rd part doesn't contribute)

4) Is time a significant factor with the e-tray exercise - like in the online assessments - or is it less of an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomjoe2006)
    Some quick questions if there are people here who've been through the process before:

1) Are the scores to the online assessment actually released (I passed but have no idea by how much)?

2) If I applied to DS as my first choice - does applying close to the deadline put me at a disadvantage? (are places at final selection board capped?)

3) Is the e-tray stage marked on the e-tray exercise or on the e-tray excersise and the online-test-resit combined? (I know the 3rd part doesn't contribute)

4) Is time a significant factor with the e-tray exercise - like in the online assessments - or is it less of an issue.
    Good questions,

1) No, only the FSAC score is released, but even then the pass mark is not.

2) No, someone I know applied on the evening of the deadline, was in the last week of FSAC in April and got a DS place.

3) e-tray exercise only I believe.

4) Its time pressured (although I had a couple of mins spare)

ReputationRep:
    I had my e-tray today. It went a lot better than last year I think, but there were still some I was next to clueless on. Anyway, we were told on good authority by the inviligator that they are setting the e-tray initial pass/fail marks tomorrow as just over 1,000 have completed the excercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgc)
    I had my e-tray today. It went a lot better than last year I think, but there were still some I was next to clueless on. Anyway, we were told on good authority by the inviligator that they are setting the e-tray initial pass/fail marks tomorrow as just over 1,000.
    Did the invigilator say when the applicants would be finding out the initial pass/fail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgc)
    I had my e-tray today. It went a lot better than last year I think, but there were still some I was next to clueless on. Anyway, we were told on good authority by the inviligator that they are setting the e-tray initial pass/fail marks tomorrow as just over 1,000.
    as just over 1,000....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    as just over 1,000....?
    Presumably, over a 1,000 applicants have taken the e-tray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisti_kate)
    Presumably, over a 1,000 applicants have taken the e-tray?
    That would be quite amazingly low, usually its 3,000.
    Just over a 1,000 is usually the number of people invited to FSAC. But what was said doesn't quite make sence, as they base the e-tray score on the top 1,000. What kgc said is a bit circular :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    That would be quite amazingly low, usually its 3,000.
    Just over a 1,000 is usually the number of people invited to FSAC. But what was said doesn't quite make sence, as they base the e-tray score on the top 1,000. What kgc said is a bit circular :P
    Well, what I meant is that 1,000 people have taken the e-tray so far, and therefore can start putting down rough pass scores etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kate, thanks for clarifying my comments. I meant 1,000 people have now taken it and apparantly that's enough to set the initial pass/fail boundary. I presume they will put a message up in a few days or so. Sorry for my sloppy comments.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like they're going to be doing something soonish, as the initial message about the e-tray marks that mentioned mid-December now seems to have vanished from the home page (Unless that's just their way of telling me that I sucked...)

ReputationRep:
    Good evening all,

I wonder if someone who's been to the E-tray could answer a simple question? I'm due to attaend my E-tray event very soon, and am desperate to know whether they provide you with a scientific or a regular calculator?!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macadamia)
    Good evening all,

I wonder if someone who's been to the E-tray could answer a simple question? I'm due to attaend my E-tray event very soon, and am desperate to know whether they provide you with a scientific or a regular calculator?!

Thanks!
    Regular (yes very annoying so have a go using a standard one before you go)
    and no you can't use your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macadamia)
    Good evening all,

Thanks!
    Regular, very simple one. No brackets and that sort of thing!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.