The Leicester University chat thread Watch

acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in after a bit of persuasion.

When/how do we find out about accommodation?
halbeth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lnjames)
I'm in after a bit of persuasion.

When/how do we find out about accommodation?
Have you applied yet? I already have an offer for accommodation.

If you haven't applied go here: https://accommodation.le.ac.uk/eaccom/
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by halbeth)
Have you applied yet? I already have an offer for accommodation.

If you haven't applied go here: https://accommodation.le.ac.uk/eaccom/
Yeah, it's probably because they haven't properly accepted me yet. I was told I'd still have priority so I'm not too worried about it.
halbeth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lnjames)
Yeah, it's probably because they haven't properly accepted me yet. I was told I'd still have priority so I'm not too worried about it.
That's good =] which course and hall are you on/going for?
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by whatnikkidid)
Just got accepted I can't wait!

For accomodation I've got Digby, which I'm sceptical about. Does anyone know where blue block is?
I don't know where it is, but I know that my friend lived there in his first year Same block. I can ask if you like?

Why don't I have my accommodation yet? Is it because I slightly missed my offer? It still updated to Unconditional this morning before 7am, so how come everyone has there accommodation?
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amyvictoria)
I'm also coming to Leicester can't believe how lenient they are, got in to do psychology with BBBC when my offer was AAB, madness.
Woo! See you in September if we all meet up Planning on having a Leicester freshers meet up I missed my offer as well, I was lucky!
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's good =] which course and hall are you on/going for?
BSc Chemistry. I put Nixon Court has my first choice, which isn't recommended I know, but I wanted to be near the city and uni. I also gave them a message to offer me one of my other choices (all student village) if I wasn't in a flat of all first years.
ToxicMuppet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Digby is set out as coloured block the house and lodge i think, only visited whilst drunk.

The colours kinda all go round a kinda little garden in a U shape. The standard isn't that bad i dont think, its not the ritz but you not going to get MRSA or some ****. There seemed to be alot of rivalry there and the blocks are pretty big so you will always have wingmen for a night out/
halbeth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
I don't know where it is, but I know that my friend lived there in his first year Same block. I can ask if you like?

Why don't I have my accommodation yet? Is it because I slightly missed my offer? It still updated to Unconditional this morning before 7am, so how come everyone has there accommodation?
I'd hardly call 3 people out of several thousand freshers everyone. Have patience it'll come =]
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some questions:

Do we move in on the 27th of September?

Anyone doing pre-fresher things?

I got told at the open day there's a Freshers Fortnight, is this true?
halbeth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
From what I gather, move in is 27th.

I thought we had a week rather a fortnight but we'll see =]
Bletch
Report 9 years ago
I wish I was a Fresher just getting my results. Soooo much to look forward to folks!
Well done on getting in!
ToxicMuppet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
27th is about right, if thats a Sunday than yeah.

Freshers is a fortnight officially but last year it wasn't really like that. Last year;
Monday to wednesday of week 1 is just doss just got to register with your department, go to the fair, get drunk and shizz.

Than i had introduction lectures start on Thursday and Friday than in to full swing by second week i think.

Although events go on every night for two weeks it mainly died down in the second week, well it did for me.
amyvictoria
Report 9 years ago
I've had an email about accommodation, really wanted Beaumont but the offer is for Gilbert Murray Stamford. Anyone know what it's like?
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had an email about accommodation, really wanted Beaumont but the offer is for Gilbert Murray Stamford. Anyone know what it's like?
It's one of the best. Which area in GMS? Do you know yet?
whatnikkidid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ooh you shouldn't have applied for digby, it really is dire from what I've heard. Is it possible to reapply?

Yay a fellow English fresher though =]
I know I was so disappointed, not to get Beaumont, I had my heart set on it!

I've been reading a few threads though and it seems like only people who haven't lived there say it's **** and everyone who has lived there has loved it and says it has a really good atmosphere so hopefully I'll be OK!

See you in September! :woo:
halbeth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by whatnikkidid)
I know I was so disappointed, not to get Beaumont, I had my heart set on it!

I've been reading a few threads though and it seems like only people who haven't lived there say it's **** and everyone who has lived there has loved it and says it has a really good atmosphere so hopefully I'll be OK!

See you in September! :woo:
^^ I've read through the department's handbook and I'm in love with the course so much. You got any idea what supplemental subject you're going to choose?
museobsessed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
To all those worried about Digby: don't worry. I lived there (Yellow block alumni!!) and had a great time. Sure its not the prettiest of places but its the people who make your uni experience and its a hell of alot better than some uni houses i've been in. I loved how the heating was always full blast during the whole cold winter.
amyvictoria
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by QwentyJ)
It's one of the best. Which area in GMS? Do you know yet?
It just said Wistow House GMS I do believe, is that a good thing?! haha
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It just said Wistow House GMS I do believe, is that a good thing?! haha
Are you catered or non catered? If the latter, I've got a feeling you're one of the houses on that Accomodation campus that lines up on the road, just away from the main buildings of Lasdun, Bowder court, Rosenfels,etc.

If the latter, then I'm stumped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (269)
80.06%
Leave (67)
19.94%

Watched Threads