Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    To be honest if Dollhouse hadn't been cancelled they might have just kept on with the slow-paced hooker-of-the-week stuff instead of thinking, "****, looks like we'd better wrap the plot up", so if the show ending means it getting all badass I'm not too fussed. LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG WOOOO
    Nah, they were speeding it up anyway, it was only the first 6 episodes of season 1 which had the "Hooker of the week" feel. Whedon has said he was treating the first bunch of episodes like 6 pilots, and then the series deliberately picked up pace, the cancellation just made it move at a pace akin to having a firework shoved down your pants.

I kinda liked it though, it was the sort of thing he did with Buffy - made it a bit more light-hearted etc which I think Dollhouse sometimes lacks. With the exception of Topher, naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    Nah, they were speeding it up anyway, it was only the first 6 episodes of season 1 which had the "Hooker of the week" feel. Whedon has said he was treating the first bunch of episodes like 6 pilots, and then the series deliberately picked up pace, the cancellation just made it move at a pace akin to having a firework shoved down your pants.
    The first few episodes of season two went back a bit to the HotW feel though -- admittedly we did get a bit of overall plot arc stuff with Echo starting to remember but the episodes were primarily "Echo is a crazy mom", "Echo marries an arms dealer", etc etc.

I dunno, maybe the firework thing is just my personal preference. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdsong1)
    Ballard being behind Rossum, that would be lol.

Oh mangs, I finally managed to find the dollhouse.

O wait.
    lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:

I've just watched all the episodes so far, and might have just shouted at the screen at the end of the most recent episode

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't watched Dollhouse since way before christmas. Episode 4 I think, or 5. Also the site I download from wasn't working. But I have recently gotten hold of the newer ones and am catching up. But I'm waaaay behind. I can't believe I went sooo long without watching it!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Who would have thought the Senator was a Doll?!?!?!

(Original post by Aula)
    :zomg:

I've just watched all the episodes so far, and might have just shouted at the screen at the end of the most recent episode
    That is entirely understandable, I did a similar thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Boyd? Wtf? Is he behind Rossum then? That's just screwed up!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh man I can't wait for Epitaph Two.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wonder how the tech survived. I guess Boyd and/or Clyde must have sent off copies of the blueprint

I'm so in love with Victor/Anthony/Topher after the last ep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Heh, I was wondering whether they'd call it that as well

Spoiler:
    Show
    If they've known all along that Caroline/Echo's spinal fluid was special, why put her out as a Doll for so long? Or was it not until Alpha that they realised she could resist the wipes?

I really hope Alpha shows his crazy face for some reason in Epitaph Two. And Mr Dominic. And crazy Topher.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nooo! No crazy Topher Topher is awesome. If he's snapped in Epitaph Two, I'd feel something akin to heartbroken. It was so sad seeing him like he was in Epitaph One, since he's the light of the show.

(Original post by Stray_talk)
    I'm so in love with Victor/Anthony/Topher after the last ep
    Yaaaay, Vopher :awesome: And also, Anthony, to some extent.
    "I don't feel any different. Maybe it didn't take."
    *Elevator bing*
    *Thwack!*

:awesome:

[EDIT]Although, again in regards to the last episode...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't expect Boyd to be so nutter butter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Yaaaay, Vopher :awesome: And also, Anthony, to some extent.
    "I don't feel any different. Maybe it didn't take."
    *Elevator bing*
    *Thwack!*

:awesome:
    :love: Voper is awesome

[EDIT]Although, again in regards to the last episode...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't expect Boyd to be so nutter butter
    same here. He's always seemed so normal.

Can't wait for Epitaph 2 now :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    :love: Voper is awesome

same here. He's always seemed so normal.

Can't wait for Epitaph 2 now :teeth:
    Ooo, ooo, plus, our favourite red-headed geek/actress/writer/singer is in it again!! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, ooo, plus, our favourite red-headed geek/actress/writer/singer is in it again!! :teeth:
    I know!!! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Oh FFS, Dollhouse has been delayed a week. *******ing inconsiderate Haitians.

Oh FFS, Dollhouse has been delayed a week. *******ing inconsiderate Haitians.
    Dude, that is not cool :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Dude, that is not cool :shifty:
    I know!! I wanted my Dollhouse fix this week too!

You're far too predictable.

ReputationRep:
    You're far too predictable.
    And sexy!!

ReputationRep:
    :love:
    I can't work out how I should be feeling after the end of that episode. Happy or sad :iiam:

I liked it though

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.