Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogpig)
    I wouldn't worry TOO much, I already had my results when applying and I only got my accom offer a couple of days ago - :-) xxx
    Oh ok, thats good to hear. I'm more worried i wont get my 1st or 2nd choice though, as they're the only ones I can afford (and i really dont want a twin room) but think that they'll be scraping the barrel for accommodation by the time they dish it out to me as everyone else seems to have got theirs How long shall i leave it till i phone up do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I still havent got my accomodation offer either, im proper worried as im doing nursing so i start in just over a week!

ReputationRep:
    well i guess i'm in a twin room. suffolk. aaaargh. emailed accommodation office but they can't change anything til october. can't argue with the £50 rent though i guess.

i'm doing history by the way.
    i have a distinctive haircut.

don't knock singstar you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Another singstar fan? Think we should start a singstar band...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starlight99)
    wooop just been allocated Nelson court? anyone else been the same?

Yeah I've got Nelson Court too

ReputationRep:
    if we havent heard by now are we likely to be in a twin room???

ReputationRep:
    Oh yah I'm in Britten House cant wait :woo:

And does anyone have/know of any Britten House specific pictures/videos as would like to judge what to bring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beastieclyro)
    well i guess i'm in a twin room. suffolk. aaaargh. emailed accommodation office but they can't change anything til october. can't argue with the £50 rent though i guess.

i'm doing history by the way.
    i have a distinctive haircut.

don't knock singstar you guys.
    Im doing history too You started that essay yet?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_em)
    if we havent heard by now are we likely to be in a twin room???
    God i hope not. I've just emailed them so HOPEFULLY i'll know by tomorrow...if it is a twin, I am definately deferring!

ReputationRep:
    I just got two emails... one telling me I'm in Mary Chapman court (which I mistakenly put down as my second offer after Norfolk/Suffolk) and another telling me it was a mistake and I'll hear back next week :| I wouldn't have minded that, at least i can afford it...

ReputationRep:
    GAH! Still no word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calian)
    I just got two emails... one telling me I'm in Mary Chapman court (which I mistakenly put down as my second offer after Norfolk/Suffolk) and another telling me it was a mistake and I'll hear back next week :| I wouldn't have minded that, at least i can afford it...
    But you would definately need a £180 bus pass as thats in the city centre isnt it? And you wouldnt have any of the campus facilities on tap like the library, gym, SU etc...that wouldnt appeal to me in my 1st year. So its maybe a good thing for you too. But you could always email and say you're happy with it, perhaps they'll keep it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc8880)
    But you would definitely need a £180 bus pass as thats in the city centre isnt it? And you wouldnt have any of the campus facilities on tap like the library, gym, SU etc...that wouldnt appeal to me in my 1st year. So its maybe a good thing for you too. But you could always email and say you're happy with it, perhaps they'll keep it
    true say, i'm just waiting for the next reply back now and hopefully it will be something on campus

ReputationRep:
    gaaah still havent heard anything from UEA about accommodation, they keep saying it will be with me soon but nothing comes through not even in the junk email box. anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molpheus)
    gaaah still havent heard anything from UEA about accommodation, they keep saying it will be with me soon but nothing comes through not even in the junk email box. anyone else in the same boat?
    Same boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    Same boat
    you tried ringing them yet? cos me and 2 of my mates keep trying and they keep saying it will be with us soon

ReputationRep:
    Im doing history too You started that essay yet?!
    oh. no. gotta get to it! how about you?

ReputationRep:
    ive been put in Mary Chapman court, this was not what i wanted and i have to find an extra 180 pound lol but i guess take what u get. It is at least ok price I would prefur to be on campus however on my first year im nervoue enough. Anyone know what its like living in Mary Chapman Court ie rooms, wheither bus pass is worth it or maybe a bike lol not riden one in years or internet access as that is important to me . Studing Law btw starting this September cant wait

ReputationRep:
    aidannnnn!!!!! haha bring it on roomie, bring it on. I've stacked them all up ready to go, they come up to my waist...we'll start with high school musical and work our way down

I'm getting really worried though I dunno whether to phone or not, or just wait? What did they say to you? xxx
    Should be in the know tuesday. Hopefully you will be too. Made a stab at the essay on friday, its pretty rushed aka poor but gonna give it in anyway as theres no way im wasting my last days of freedom doing history! God how boring.

Witchcraft on the other hand...yes please.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't recieved an accomodation offer!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.