Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Guys, I got the interview invitation from Kings! Did you get it too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by purplemind)
    I did!
    Mine is on 10th December.
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Same I got an interview on the 10th too!
    It looks like I won't be able to meet you guys as mine is at 12:15pm on the 9th. What a shame.
    Yes! I got an interview for King's as well It's on the 9th of December at 15.40

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    I've applied to Oxford and Bristol too and not got an offer yet. However, I have got an offer from Birmingham... I sent my application off on the 9th of October and only got my Birmingham offer last Friday. Also I have a friend applying for Economics at Nottingham and he's not heard anything back yet (he had a similar application date to me)
    was your bham offer unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ1554)
    was your bham offer unconditional?
    Unconditional if I firm it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    What a day!

Got an invitation to the UCL open day thing, and I got an AAB offer from Warwick! (I have an A* in maths already)

So excited

Today was supposed to be the deadline for the 5 weeks email from LSE, but instead I've got two others! Just LSE and Cambridge to go now!
    Did you get the Warwick offer for straight economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Unconditional if I firm it
    Amazing good luck I don't know how bham can discriminate you based on whether you put it as your firm or insurance, it seems unfair to me. I would have loved to put it as insurance. UCAS shouldn't allow this ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Do you know when the other open days are and when the invitations for them will be handed out?
    There's 200 places for Economics at UCL though guessing they'll give 300+ offers or more due to some taking other universities.
    I would personally take UCL over Oxford, wish there was a way of hinting this to the Econ tutors haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out of interest why would you take UCL over Oxford, is London swinging it for you, i don't know anyone who would do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Yes! I got an interview for King's as well It's on the 9th of December at 15.40
    Congrats! ^^

Looking at the transport though, it's going to take 3 hours+ and cost me £70.00 to get there so it looks like I'll have to get there on Sunday and stay the night. :/

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the Warwick offer for straight economics?
    Yes

Congrats! ^^

Looking at the transport though, it's going to take 3 hours+ and cost me £70.00 to get there so it looks like I'll have to get there on Sunday and stay the night. :/
    Are you going from London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Are you going from London?
    Nope, from Birmingham. :<

ReputationRep:
    Nope, from Birmingham. :<
    Ah that sucks XD.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing good luck I don't know how bham can discriminate you based on whether you put it as your firm or insurance, it seems unfair to me. I would have loved to put it as insurance. UCAS shouldn't allow this ahaha
    It's some sort of scheme to persuade people to pick them over other A*AA universities I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Yea, pure economics. My interview date is on the 9th December so I don't think it's the same for everyone.

By the way, I also just got an offer from Warwick! :P This is a good day!
    Kings does pure economics?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Yea, pure economics. My interview date is on the 9th December so I don't think it's the same for everyone.

By the way, I also just got an offer from Warwick! :P This is a good day!
    Congratulations btw! ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritikaaurora)
    Kings does pure economics?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you misunderstood Epic Flawless. He was referring to King's College, Cambridge rather than the University in London.

ReputationRep:
    struggling to decide which to firm over UCL or Bath ( assuming UCL give me an offer ). Bath appeals to me much more, the campus university idea is fantastic, great location, placement year at a top financial firm etc. But... UCL has a much better ratio of males:females. only 33% female at Bath, and 41% female at UCL studying Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    struggling to decide which to firm over UCL or Bath ( assuming UCL give me an offer ). Bath appeals to me much more, the campus university idea is fantastic, great location, placement year at a top financial firm etc. But... UCL has a much better ratio of males:females. only 33% female at Bath, and 41% female at UCL studying Economics
    A lot of people would tell you to firm UCL due to the higher prestige but at the end of the day, there's no point going somewhere you may not even enjoy just because of prestige.
    Go where you think you'll be happier, thats all the advice I can give you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    Never doubt your penis, pick UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    some fine advice my friend, i thought the same too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    some fine advice my friend, i thought the same too.
    To be honest though, UCL is a lot more prestigious than Bath, is in a decent location where you can get work experience. But truly if you feel like you'd be better at Bath then pick Bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same advice my father gave me ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.