Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Where does Labour stand on the Foreign Secretary's plan to repatriate powers from the EU?
    We don't whip Europe, we leave it to the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    We don't whip Europe, we leave it to the individual.
    Where do you stand on this issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    Pity really since TSR Labour are, historically, the only party to ever care about the Celtic Fringe. Even if I do say so myself.
    Ooh I do like having Celtic blood.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Does the Labour Party support its leader when he has been found to be making slanderous accusations? If they do, then why, when numerous people outside the party have been questioning david's leadership, do they not stick up for him? If they don't, then when will they be ousting him and replacing him with a new leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Does the Labour Party support its leader when he has been found to be making slanderous accusations? If they do, then why, when numerous people outside the party have been questioning david's leadership, do they not stick up for him? If they don't, then when will they be ousting him and replacing him with a new leader?
    I have complete respect for my party Leader. I think he is a good Leader in the political side of MHoC. I do not agree that David should be replaced due to making a few accusations that were proved false in the heat of the moment.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I have complete respect for my party Leader. I think he is a good Leader in the political side of MHoC. I do not agree that David should be replaced due to making a few accusations that were proved false in the heat of the moment.
    Do you respect the fact that he didn't trust you enough so that he kicked you out the party? Do you have respect for the fact that he won't apologise properly? You mention 'in the political side of the MHoC', does that mean that you don't view him as a good all round leader?

ReputationRep:
    I, for one, do (support david as leader, that is). He has admitted he has made slanderous comments and has apologised for them (the length of the apology doesn't matter to me. A short and to the point one is often better than a few paragraphs of drivel). It was quite clear that it was heat of the moment stuff, and I can't say I wouldn't have done the same I had done something similar. In fact, none of us in the entire House can. He already had a bad history with JPKC, he misinterpreted the comment JPKC made and he knew that the culprit would most likely have had access to the TSR Labour forum between the leadership election and now, as well as the fact that the culprit would (presumably) have a distaste of david or, indeed, Labour as a whole.

I didn't join in and jump in with the bandwagon of bickering idiots because it was, quite frankly, not helping the situation. I made a post stating that we shouldn't do anything until the morning until Rory made an explanation and the results were back. It was quite clear what had happened in the heat-of-the moment, and all we'd get from more discussion of the matter was tripe. We had to cool down and come back in the morning, which david did with his apology.

In short, what's done is done, apologies have been made. If JPKC didn't accept the apology, then that's a matter between him and david.

On a lighter, I think it's best if the House dropped this.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    I, for one, do. He has admitted he has made slanderous comments and has apologised for them (the length of the apology doesn't matter to me. A short and to the point one is often better than a few paragraphs of drivel). It was quite clear that it was heat of the moment stuff, and I wouldn't if I had done something similar. He already had a bad history with JPKC, he misinterpreted the comment JPKC made and he knew that the culprit would most likely have had access to the TSR Labour forum between the leadership election and now, as well as the fact that the culprit would (presumably) have a distaste of david or, indeed, Labour as a whole.

I didn't join in and jump in with the bandwagon of bickering idiots because it was, quite frankly, not helping the situation. I made a post stating that we shouldn't do anything until the morning until Rory made an explanation and the results were back. It was quite clear what had happened in the heat-of-the moment, and all we'd get from more discussion of the matter was tripe. We had to cool down and come back in the morning, which david did with his apology.

In short, what's done is done, apologies have been made. If JPKC particularly didn't accept the apology, then that's a matter between him and david.

On a lighter, I think it's best if the House dropped this.
    So the House drops this and david gets away with the five word piffling apology then? How fair is that? I have noted though not one word of explicit support in your statement for david's leadership in your post, are you intending to oust him?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    I, for one, do (support david as leader, that is).
    Convenient edit there, but only when pointed out to you.

ReputationRep:
    Do you respect the fact that he didn't trust you enough so that he kicked you out the party? Do you have respect for the fact that he won't apologise properly? You mention 'in the political side of the MHoC', does that mean that you don't view him as a good all round leader?
    That was just in the heat of the moment - I understand where he is coming from so that's why I've forgiven him. He has apologised. I do support him as a good all round Leader. I just said that I also wanted to mention the good ideas he has politically as well as the contributions he has to forum threads.

So the House drops this and david gets away with the five word piffling apology then? How fair is that? I have noted though not one word of explicit support in your statement for david's leadership in your post, are you intending to oust him?
    Yes, we do drop it now. It is very fair.

I find dragging out these sorts of issues makes it even worse...
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RoryS)
    That was just in the heat of the moment - I understand where he is coming from so that's why I've forgiven him. He has apologised. I do support him as a good all round Leader. I just said that I also wanted to mention the good ideas he has politically as well as the contributions he has to forum threads.
    You're just another one who has adapted his response once challenged.

Yes, we do drop it now. It is very fair.

I find dragging out these sorts of issues makes it even worse...
    So he gets away with it? It isn't fair at all. david has made no attempt to make a proper apology and the party supporting is truly revolting.

ReputationRep:
    You got there before the edit where I clarified the first line as: "I, one, do (support david as a leader, that is)." Oust him? :facepalm: This is getting pathetic. To be quite frank, you're abandoning the debate for mindless attacks with the purpose of derailing Labour.

And before you cite that as avoiding the question despite that the fact that you can probably guess the answer: NO, I AM NOT TRYING TO OUST DAVID NOR IS ANYONE THAT I KNOW OF. Nor have I seen any substantive activity to hint otherwise.

If JPKC accepts the apology, yes. Ultimately it's a matter between him and david, and the matter with RoryS has already finished. If JPKC doesn't accept his apology, as stated in my post, I still believe it should be a matter between the two privately, but obviously I can't guarantee that JPKC thinks the same. We'll see, though.

ReputationRep:
    david has made no attempt to make a proper apology and the party supporting is truly revolting.
    I quoted JPKC and said "sorry for accusing you". How is that ever not a proper apology? It's one of the truest form of apologies there is, I've not tried to substantiate my actions, or make excuses for them, I've simply said "sorry" to the party involved. I've tried to stay out of this, because you're wanting to ask the party about me, but when you insult me and the party I feel I have to step in. Your attempt to disrupt the Labour party is the revolting thing here.

ReputationRep:
    Convenient edit there, but only when pointed out to you.
    Considering I made the edit before I'd seen your post, no. In fact, I'd edited it before you'd even posted it, with my last edit being a small error. Even if I didn't edit, the first sentence was in reply to your first question, so I was just confirming my confidence in david anyway, even if I did clarify. I was just trying to make it easier to understand through clarification, in no way changing the point of my post. Problem?

If you can't accept that, though, the whole post was supportive of him. I thought you could guess that this implies something...
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    You got there before the edit where I clarified the first line as: "I, one, do (support david as a leader, that is)." Oust him? :facepalm: This is getting pathetic. To be quite frank, you're abandoning the debate for mindless attacks with the purpose of derailing Labour.

And before you cite that as avoiding the question despite that the fact that you can probably guess the answer: NO, I AM NOT TRYING TO OUST DAVID NOR IS ANYONE THAT I KNOW OF. Nor have I seen any substantive activity to hint otherwise.

If JPKC accepts the apology, yes. Ultimately it's a matter between him and david, and the matter with RoryS has already finished. If JPKC doesn't accept his apology, as stated in my post, I still believe it should be a matter between the two privately, but obviously I can't guarantee that JPKC thinks the same. We'll see, though.
    He also involved the Government saying that the Government should do something about JPKC effectively stating that we were implicit in it. What does this thread show you - that only two people have posted in support of david much as happens with others. You may not be trying to oust him, but my money is on TopHat certainly.

Considering I made the edit before I'd seen your post, no. In fact, I'd edited it before you'd even posted it, with my last edit being a small error. Even if I didn't edit, the first sentence was in reply to your first question, so I was just confirming my confidence in david anyway, even if I did clarify. I was just trying to make it easier to understand through clarification, in no way changing the point of my post. Problem?

If you can't accept that, though, the whole post was supportive of him. I thought you could guess that this implies something...
    Of course, of course.

ReputationRep:
    He also involved the Government saying that the Government should do something about JPKC effectively stating that we were implicit in it. What does this thread show you - that only two people have posted in support of david much as happens with others. You may not be trying to oust him, but my money is on TopHat certainly.
    When I was annoyed last night, I thought it was JPKC. That's a given, and I've since apologised for that. However, if a government minister was found to do such things, I would expect that the minister be punished. I was not stating that you were implicit in it at all - I was simply saying that if a government minister created false replies of the leader of the opposition in order to slander him then the government should take action over it, which is perfectly fair.

Do you ever think that you're far too uptight? Nobody else is pursuing an agenda to try and disrupt the Labour party and remove me as the leader (which I can't help but take a little personally now, but such is life). I think the best course of action is to move on, and due to nobody else being as intent to drag this out as you are, I think most of the house agrees.

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Nobody else is pursuing an agenda to try and disrupt the Labour party and remove me as the leader (which I can't help but take a little personally now, but such is life).
    Please you are clearly not respected within your party, few people speak out in support of you and TopHat has acted as a better leader during your holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if the train had already started its journey within Labour to remove you as leader.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Labour Party leader resign over his incorrect accusation of the rt honourable JPKC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    Will the Labour Party leader resign over his incorrect accusation of the rt honourable JPKC?
    No. It was the wrong thing to do in the heat of the moment, and I fully admit that, and I have apologised to JPKC so I feel we should all try and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Dave's done nothing wrong other than publicly jump to a conclusion about a member who has a track record of attempting to undermine him and the Labour party.
    I don't think the issue of sabotage has been resolved yet with the Newspaper, and think Dave was entirely justified in the temporary expulsion of Rory. The only thing I'd have done differently is not let him back in yet, as there's not been a clear explanation of why a load of garbage was published.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.