Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    so apparently my step dads idea of sorting everything out with my flatmates is to go back and talk to them, cos apparently I must have done something wrong :facepalm: its gonna be a fun summer with him constantly on my back about things
    Spoiler:
    Show
    back to hiding food in my room and eating away from everyone else so he doesnt say anything ****ing hate it

had a littler cry when my boyfriend left earlier im so pathetic but i didnt say goodbye i said see you later, gahhhh its all coming so fast, i pack my room into the car tomorrow

hope everyones ok :hugs:
    :hugs: That is exactly what my parents believe too :rolleyes: I guess there is no need for you to say anything to your housemates as you leave tomorrow. Good luck with everything!

Spoiler:
    Show
    this caravan park would be the ideal place to run away from. Noone could find me down here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No Poncho, be careful :hugs: Last day here, you can do this! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    :hugs: That is exactly what my parents believe too :rolleyes: I guess there is no need for you to say anything to your housemates as you leave tomorrow. Good luck with everything!

No Poncho, be careful :hugs: Last day here, you can do this! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He doesnt realise the situation i diont think. Well i pack my things in the car tomorrow then hand over the keys Friday

Im at a caravan park atm by a river/sea. need a break. Dont head back home now till saturday cos my parents decided to book an extra day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like absolute crap and I have two a level exams tomorrow. I need to do well in these. I feel like I need food to be able to concentrate through 3 and a half hours of exams but I cant even contemplate food right now. Plus if I eat in my exams I'll be worrying about what I've eaten instead of concentrating.. Don't know what to do stupid head

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05autyt)
    I feel like absolute crap and I have two a level exams tomorrow. I need to do well in these. I feel like I need food to be able to concentrate through 3 and a half hours of exams but I cant even contemplate food right now. Plus if I eat in my exams I'll be worrying about what I've eaten instead of concentrating.. Don't know what to do stupid head

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should probably head to bed soon, i don't know what time you have your exams but it might be difficult to sleep, so get to bed extra early At least that's what i'd suggest.

Can't you eat before exams? You may not want to think about it now, but try to just deal with it in the morning, when it comes. You might feel better then? :hugs: Sorry if im talking out my ass but im trying to be helpful
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by KirstBarlow)
    Sorry if i have posted this is the wrong place.

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm 17 and suffer for anxiety but I've never been diagnosed with it. The problem is I'm really struggling with it my self right now. I have low days, I want to self-harm (determined not to but I have massive urges that make me angry if I don't give into them) and I just want to ask my parents to help me get diagnosed so I can get help. I've tried counselling but it never works (5 different times and counting.) so I'm wondering is medication will help but I can only get that with a diagnosis. I want to ask my mum to take me to the doctors but every time build up courage to ask I want to cry and she just got back from her holiday, today, and I don't want to ruin her day or make her worried about me. Can I have some advice on how to ask her for help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was diagnosed with depression a few moths ago and I was in a similar situation to you regarding my parents. I didn't tell them until after the appointment and diagnosis (or in my case referral) because I found that made it easier to explain. I would suggest you do go to the doctor as soon as possible and do tell your parents at some point but you don't have to tell them yet if you don't feel ready. You could just say you've had a very persistent headache or something like that (or not even give a reason if that will work) for going to the doctor then tell them afterwards.

As far a your appointment goes can I give you a little advice? I found it very daunting when I was in there and didn't quite know what to say but somebody suggested writing down everything I wanted to say beforehand so I had a reminder, I'd suggest the same to you because it helped me. In my experience (though mine is with something slightly different) you won't get much in the way of actual medical help in your first appointment. For me it consisted of advice in the first then a follow up two weeks later in which they decided to give me a referral to a psychiatrist. It was a bit of a long process but far better than doing nothing and the advice they have was also very good. It may be a bit different in the case of anxiety rather than depression and I think I was also rather reluctant to be too honest with them to start with which may have had an influence too.

Good luck. I wish you all the best and hope you can find a good way to tell your parents. It may be a bit if a "downer" for them to start with, I won't lie, but in the long term it will make it easier for them and you to understand and cope with things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    You should probably head to bed soon, i don't know what time you have your exams but it might be difficult to sleep, so get to bed extra early At least that's what i'd suggest.

Can't you eat before exams? You may not want to think about it now, but try to just deal with it in the morning, when it comes. You might feel better then? :hugs: Sorry if im talking out my ass but im trying to be helpful
    No I appreciate it... I'm in bed.. Been trying to get to sleep for a while! Sleep doesn't really happen for me these days
    And I don't really eat much at all and I never eat in the mornings. Food makes me feel like crap and I'll worry about having eaten it if I do. Just stressing myself out because the rational part of my brain knows I need to eat to concentrate. The rational parts been losing for a while now. Thanks for the advice though definitely going to keep trying to get to sleep!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He doesnt realise the situation i diont think. Well i pack my things in the car tomorrow then hand over the keys Friday

Im at a caravan park atm by a river/sea. need a break. Dont head back home now till saturday cos my parents decided to book an extra day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok, never realised you were currently living in a caravan. Or am I wrong? Just don't do anything stupid :jumphug:, if you run away your parents would call the police who would look for you and you would have to go to a police station too (I did run away once so I know :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05autyt)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I am sick and tired of trying and getting nowhere. 26 and washed up is what I am. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Good luck! :hugs:
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know this will sound so odd.. but god I'm so peeved off now. I have the need to iron everything.. when I mean everything I do actually mean EVERYTHING! (including socks etc :ninja:) Yeah, I know it's weird.. trust me I know, but it's just something I need to do. And I totally forget to iron my pj's and now it's nearly midnight, and someones sleeping in the room where the iron is... and I just need to bloody iron them before I wear them! And I dunno what to do :cry2: I can't go in there, cause I'll wake them up... but I can't wear them either cause they've not been bloody ironed! GRRRR! I won't be able to sleep tonight at all now **** sake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)
    I know this will sound so odd.. but god I'm so peeved off now. I have the need to iron everything.. when I mean everything I do actually mean EVERYTHING! (including socks etc :ninja:) Yeah, I know it's weird.. trust me I know, but it's just something I need to do. And I totally forget to iron my pj's and now it's nearly midnight, and someones sleeping in the room where the iron is... and I just need to bloody iron them before I wear them! And I dunno what to do :cry2: I can't go in there, cause I'll wake them up... but I can't wear them either cause they've not been bloody ironed! GRRRR! I won't be able to sleep tonight at all now **** sake!
    :console: it's okay, we all do things sometimes that others may find odd, and given some of the things I know people do, I would say liking to have everything ironed isn't odd at all :nah: is there any chance someone else who is awake has an iron? or if you are in like halls maybe a neighbour or someone if not in the same flat/house as you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    is there any chance of you sleeping in something else that has been ironed? like i sometimes wear leggings and a tshirt. Do you think you would be able to do so? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    :console: it's okay, we all do things sometimes that others may find odd, and given some of the things I know people do, I would say liking to have everything ironed isn't odd at all :nah: is there any chance someone else who is awake has an iron? or if you are in like halls maybe a neighbour or someone if not in the same flat/house as you? :hugs:
    I've always been told that I'm just weird for doing this :erm: I like to have my towel ironed before I go in for a shower aswell.. yeah I know I'm just odd. I just feel like a right damn idiot for forgetting though! :facepalm: :banghead:... Unfortunately no I'm at home, and it's my brother sleeping there.. knowing me I'd make the biggest racket and make him wake up! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid stupid stupid me! :banghead:

(Original post by octoberbaby)
    is there any chance of you sleeping in something else that has been ironed? like i sometimes wear leggings and a tshirt. Do you think you would be able to do so? :/
    I'm tryna find something that has been ironed.. and has not been worn outside either ... **** sake, can't believe I bloody forgot!

ReputationRep:
    Some users on here know nothing about mental health. Discussing previous exeriences of bullying in the Chat Forum, its the bloody internet they responded with.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question, how do you get diagnosed with Avoidant Personality disorder and two, would you have to put that mental illness on application forms if you were diagnosed with it?

(What I mean is, do you go to a doctor, or a counsellor (probably not) or a psychiatrist etc?)

ReputationRep:
    Somone said to me today "when you're not here no one even notices that you're gone".

Thank you so much for that. It's nice to know people hardly care about me and don't even notice when i'm not there.

My best friend also said when her exams are over she'll be free to meet up. It's been a month since they finished and we haven't seen each other. I text her and she doesn't reply or when she does it's a couple of days later and she doesn't even respond to what I said. So this has got me down because she is the one of the few people outside my family who I care about. It just seems that I care more about people than they do about me and it hurts.

Another friend hasn't replied to my texts or messages at all.

What is it about me that alienates people? I just feel so worthless.

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been reading the thread but I have just been feeling horrible and don't know what to type to help people or even what to post about myself.

I cry most days. I've hardly left the house since I've been home (mixture of friends not replying and me not wanting to). I feel mentally numb. I have no idea what to talk about with people anymore and the awkward silences make me feel sick and nervous. Because of this I'm kind of glad my friends are ignoring me because if I meet up with them I'll just disappoint them anyway.

I feel like whatever personality I had is gone and there is just some shadow trying to fake it's way through life.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been told that I'm just weird for doing this :erm: I like to have my towel ironed before I go in for a shower aswell.. yeah I know I'm just odd. I just feel like a right damn idiot for forgetting though! :facepalm: :banghead:... Unfortunately no I'm at home, and it's my brother sleeping there.. knowing me I'd make the biggest racket and make him wake up! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid stupid stupid me! :banghead:
    I really wouldn't say it's weird myself tbh so don't let them get to you is my advice that's okay, I mean you need a dry towel for a shower imo so ironed one is just taking that a step further is all! not idiotic to forget things either :nah: we all do it all the time, it's so easy to do! (I forget my hearing aid all the time for instance!) hope you found some socks to wear and stuff! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luno)
    Somone said to me today "when you're not here no one even notices that you're gone".

Thank you so much for that. It's nice to know people hardly care about me and don't even notice when i'm not there.

My best friend also said when her exams are over she'll be free to meet up. It's been a month since they finished and we haven't seen each other. I text her and she doesn't reply or when she does it's a couple of days later and she doesn't even respond to what I said. So this has got me down because she is the one of the few people outside my family who I care about. It just seems that I care more about people than they do about me and it hurts.

Another friend hasn't replied to my texts or messages at all.

What is it about me that alienates people? I just feel so worthless.

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been reading the thread but I have just been feeling horrible and don't know what to type to help people or even what to post about myself.

I cry most days. I've hardly left the house since I've been home (mixture of friends not replying and me not wanting to). I feel mentally numb. I have no idea what to talk about with people anymore and the awkward silences make me feel sick and nervous. Because of this I'm kind of glad my friends are ignoring me because if I meet up with them I'll just disappoint them anyway.

I feel like whatever personality I had is gone and there is just some shadow trying to fake it's way through life.
    that's a horrible thing for someone to say am sure it's not true either, heck I know people on here would notice! (even if they don't always say, am sure people notice when people don't post in here for a while without saying why!)

is it possible your friend has just been busy with things after her exams? maybe try and call her at some point and chat? hopefully it's not a case of her actively ignoring you or anything!

you aren't worthless at all :no: and you don't alienate anyone here for a start im sure!

:hugs: that's okay, we all have times where we don't feel up to posting and stuff, hopefully you feel that when you are able to you can and will get support here

isolation is so easy when you feel down I know, sometimes it can be good just to get out though if you can, even just to the shops for food or something, a bit of daylight can sometimes be just what you need to feel a little better that day (I find this sometimes anyway, but don't tell my mum this or she would send me out there all the time which would scare me )

your personality is still there im sure, it can be easy when you get really down to lose your sense of self though so that's understandable, just try and remember the things that you enjoy or even just make things a bit more bearable right now, that's a good place to start :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by djpailo)
    Just a question, how do you get diagnosed with Avoidant Personality disorder and two, would you have to put that mental illness on application forms if you were diagnosed with it?

(What I mean is, do you go to a doctor, or a counsellor (probably not) or a psychiatrist etc?)
    Your best bet would probably be to see your GP and ask them to refer you to a psychiatrist. In my experience, they'll ask you some questions themselves first and maybe give you a check up a few weeks later to rule out other stuff then give you a referral. That's how it worked for my depression. They will probably also be able to give you some advice on coping with it when you visit. I don't think a counsellor would have the ability to diagnose you since they won't have an MD but they could still be useful for dealing with it and making you feel better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.