Chemistry Applicants 2015 Watch

L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trubadur)
Wish you luck!
For me, still 3 to come,StA,Edi and Dur.
Durham should get back to you soon :yep:

St A I think we have to wait till after next week!
trubadur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
Durham should get back to you soon :yep:

St A I think we have to wait till after next week!
You are very kind.I guess,all of them are postponing offers to EU applicants till the end of period,unfortunately.
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Time to start working hard for the graduation exams.
Good luck everybody.
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No more offers for a while
Hope we don't have to wait until May7:confused:
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No more offers for a while
Hope we don't have to wait until May7:confused:
So where do you have offers from so far? who are you waiting to hear from? whats your top choice?
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HennersPD)
So where do you have offers from so far? who are you waiting to hear from? whats your top choice?
Offers from York and Nott,still waiting from StA,Edi and Durham(not decided, but most probably that's the preference order)
How about you?
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Offers from York and Nott,still waiting from StA,Edi and Durham(not decided, but most probably that's the preference order)
How about you?
Had offers from Warwick, Bath and Bristol, got rejected from Oxford and still waiting from St Andrews how are your studies going?
ACarter8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck to anyone who has an Imperial interview on the 4th of Feb. I'll see you there!
CallMeJay
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any UCL offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had offers from Warwick, Bath and Bristol, got rejected from Oxford and still waiting from St Andrews how are your studies going?
All your choices(offers) are very good ones and wish you will reach the preferred one( as in my case it seems to be, StA)
A tough period is coming for me.I have to focus to the subjects chosen for the final exam which will take place in the first decade of July.
Hope to meet you at the freshers
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All your choices(offers) are very good ones and wish you will reach the preferred one( as in my case it seems to be, StA)
A tough period is coming for me.I have to focus to the subjects chosen for the final exam which will take place in the first decade of July.
Hope to meet you at the freshers
So St Andrews will be your top choice? I can't decide between Bristol or St Andrews or bath as my top choice? :/ they're all so good haha! What'd you think? have you visited St Andrews yet, if so what is it like and do you know if the Chemistry facilites are good?
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So St Andrews will be your top choice? I can't decide between Bristol or St Andrews or bath as my top choice? :/ they're all so good haha! What'd you think? have you visited St Andrews yet, if so what is it like and do you know if the Chemistry facilites are good?
True.Finally, it depends on what you wish for the next years of your life.
StA is a little, i can say medieval town,a bit isolated,but vibrant.
Uni and golf are the soul of the environment, and the Chemistry Dept is top rated in terms of research and prospects(facilities are new and attractive).
Take your time, and get more info.
For sure you'll make the best decision for yourself
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You have to firm Bristol :zomg:

Like they win hands down in terms of the Chemistry department.
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
You have to firm Bristol :zomg:

Like they win hands down in terms of the Chemistry department.
I know I'm just dissuaded by the high crime rates and the fact being partially sighted I may find it difficult to navigate such a large city as Bristol and a lot of the accommodation is far from the department :/ what'd you think? I know Bristol's department is awesome but parents dont think I'll enjoy as much as everything and everyone will be spread out so I may not make friends as easily :/ also given I cannot drive due to my disability I don't wanna be walking everywhere as that'll be long haha! What'd you think? ://
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True.Finally, it depends on what you wish for the next years of your life.
StA is a little, i can say medieval town,a bit isolated,but vibrant.
Uni and golf are the soul of the environment, and the Chemistry Dept is top rated in terms of research and prospects(facilities are new and attractive).
Take your time, and get more info.
For sure you'll make the best decision for yourself
So St Andrews is good then? Are you definitely putting them top choice? What is your insurance choice?
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So St Andrews is good then? Are you definitely putting them top choice? What is your insurance choice?
Not a final decision,but at this moment I am thinking about StA and Nott, respectively.
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not a final decision,but at this moment I am thinking about StA and Nott, respectively.
Nice what grades do you need for both? is the St Andrews course really good? What the labs there like and do we get a lot of time in them during 1st year?
Nitrogen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know I'm just dissuaded by the high crime rates and the fact being partially sighted I may find it difficult to navigate such a large city as Bristol and a lot of the accommodation is far from the department :/ what'd you think? I know Bristol's department is awesome but parents dont think I'll enjoy as much as everything and everyone will be spread out so I may not make friends as easily :/ also given I cannot drive due to my disability I don't wanna be walking everywhere as that'll be long haha! What'd you think? ://
Im a chem student at Bristol and I'll answer some of your questions.

-I don't know where you got the idea of Bristol having a high crime rate but it doesn't.

-As a student you would be spending most of your time in/near the city centre which has pretty much everything.

-There are plenty of accommodations that are near the chemistry building. Even if you live in one of the further accommodations there are buses you can take directly from the accommodation to uni free of charge.

-Why would you not enjoy yourself? The staff are very supportive at bristol and bristol is one of the best student cities. Trust me that it isn't spread out.

-Plenty of students at bristol don't/can't drive. You can get to most places by walking. Some students cycle.

-St Andrews is so overrated
[email protected]
Badges: 9
Report 3 years ago
What unis are people firming ?
HennersPD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nitrogen)
Im a chem student at Bristol and I'll answer some of your questions.

-I don't know where you got the idea of Bristol having a high crime rate but it doesn't.

-As a student you would be spending most of your time in/near the city centre which has pretty much everything.

-There are plenty of accommodations that are near the chemistry building. Even if you live in one of the further accommodations there are buses you can take directly from the accommodation to uni free of charge.

-Why would you not enjoy yourself? The staff are very supportive at bristol and bristol is one of the best student cities. Trust me that it isn't spread out.

-Plenty of students at bristol don't/can't drive. You can get to most places by walking. Some students cycle.

-St Andrews is so overrated
It's just that I really like Bristol and Bath but cannot decide between them :/ what'd you think? My parents think Bath as it'll be safer me ?? I don't know because I don't want to feel like I'm going against my parents wishes but at the same time I want to go somewhere I feel happy thoughts? :/ its just both offers from bath and Bristol are AAB :/ you think so?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed