Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I believe its your highest 3 A2 modules.. if they average 90 UMS or above you get an A* (providing you have over 480 UMS in total )
    Sorry, forgot to respond before but I like your wolf avatar too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Sorry, forgot to respond before but I like your wolf avatar too
    oh hahaha thank you

ReputationRep:
    How hard is edexcel physics at A2?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I hope you all got the grades you wanted and deserved

I received my As grades yesterday and achieved AAAA in my four main subjects (maths physics chemistry biology) which I am obviously very pleased with, but got an E in general studies which is compulsory. That E was partially due to me not trying that much in the exam because its general studies and partially because I was ill in the exams. So I was wondering if that bad grade will count against me or ruin my chances of getting into medicine next year? Anyone have any experience like this? Hopefully I will be allowed to drop it next year anyway

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who did Edexcel A level maths please help me.

If you can check you results online, when you click on 'My results' does it still say 'units not yet cashed in' or what does yours say?
    I'm trying to find out for my brother and if (fingers crossed) his school hasn't cashed in the results then..I really don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Got an A in C3 I actually cried. I was so depressed when I sat that exam, it completely threw me off my remaining maths exams and I could see uni slip away. So happy now, Aston here I come

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AKate;44008999]
    (Original post by zaraasker)

I got a B in maths AS and a C in chemistry AS after getting a D in unit 2, but I wanted to drop maths. I knew I'd done as well as I could im maths, and was sure I could improve my chemistry, so despite being advised otherwise I dropped maths. I resat my D and came out with an A in Chemistry A2 - with hard work it's possible :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks lot-this has given me hope that can do chemist and end up with an A-I guess the only problem is predicted grades-unlikely I'll be predicted an A when I only got a C at AS. And considering I really want to go to Oxford-that matters a lot
    I was wondering (if you don't mind me asking) What were you predicted and what did you apply for at what unis?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got a B 147/200 in one of my AS results. Is it possible to get an A easily at A2 with this? Or would it be possible at all to get an A*?

I got a C in a unit which brought it down, but I really don't want to have the hassle of re-sitting.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology A
    English C
    Maths D

Poor by TSR standards but I'm not as smart as most on here. Happy enough to get onto a Sociology & Psychology course at Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    I got AAB in Politics, Business and Economics and I'm off to the University of Manchester to do PPE.

Quite an improvement from last year where my AS's were BBCD, shows what hard work can do
    I just got CECD for my AS results, do I have a chance of getting into manchester for history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimbaRabsha)
    I just got CECD for my AS results, do I have a chance of getting into manchester for history?
    Yes, but it won't be easy. Last year I got BBCD and both B's were both only 1 point over the threshold for a B. I worked my ass off this year though and managed to get AAB for Manchester, it's certainly possible

ReputationRep:
    Clearing was literally one of the most stressful days of my life, without my mother, head of year and careers advisor i'd never have gotten through it. However, I managed to get a place on a course with only 3 places for the whole course (only 1 in clearing) and that required BBB, whereas my firm and insurance rejected me because I got ABDbd. So I guess i've gotten a better deal in the end, but by god!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyLlewellyn)
    Clearing was literally one of the most stressful days of my life, without my mother, head of year and careers advisor i'd never have gotten through it. However, I managed to get a place on a course with only 3 places for the whole course (only 1 in clearing) and that required BBB, whereas my firm and insurance rejected me because I got ABDbd. So I guess i've gotten a better deal in the end, but by god!
    Congratulations! At least it's all over now and you've got a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    Congratulations! At least it's all over now and you've got a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you very worth it in end end and got my place to study so im over the moon!

ReputationRep:
    ok so I would appreciate some useful advice...I was rejected by my firm as they wanted a minimum of ABB, and now have an unconditional offer at my insurance. However, I was only one mark off getting the ABB and hence have sent one of my papers for a priority remark. If it does go up and I do get the ABB I need, are my firm choice obliged to accept me or not, since they have now rejected me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Imo, A2 maths is infinitely easier. For chemistry, first you have to learn all of the content in the syllabus, and then you have to learn how to answer questions in the exam. In maths, the two are pretty much synonymous. I actually retook a C2 module - went fom the D/C border to an A grade, so yes, it is possible!

It's important that you choose subjects you enjoy for A2, otherwise you will get a terrible grade at the end. If you enjoy chemistry, and you are willing to put in the work and effort towards it, then of course it is realistic!
    I think I could get an A in chemistry but I guess it would be less hassle to do maths seeing as its not that I have a great interest in chemistry but that I don't really like maths. But I see your point and I could put up with maths for another year I guess. Also I need to be predicted AAA and won't be with a c in chemistry at AS.
    But A2 maths seems really hard and complicated?
    Thanks for replying btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAsian)
    Exact same, 2 off an A for Chemistry! Let me know how the remarking goes, please I'm unsure about whether to remark or retake!
    i will
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaraasker)
    I think I could get an A in chemistry but I guess it would be less hassle to do maths seeing as its not that I have a great interest in chemistry but that I don't really like maths. But I see your point and I could put up with maths for another year I guess. Also I need to be predicted AAA and won't be with a c in chemistry at AS.
    But A2 maths seems really hard and complicated?
    Thanks for replying btw
    If you think you could get an A in Chemistry then don't choose another subject because it might be easier. I honestly think anyone can improve if they tried hard enough during the year as I was in your situation last year as I only got a C in Chemistry but my teachers still saw my potential to do well so predicted me an A in the subject, I decided to take 3 out of the 4 exams during the June exam season and increased the first unit from a D and E to 1 mark off an A, the first A2 unit from a D to an A* standard and the final unit I got as an A* standard as well. Unfortunately because my coursework was marked down from the mark I was told by my teacher I only got a B but it was only 1 mark away from the A grade and 13 UMS off the A* grade too. So with enough determination and motivation you can get the grade you want, just need to put in enough time I will also mention I only had 2 months from deciding I was doing all the units until the exams where I had to relearn 2 of the units again as I hadn't looked at them in a while so just don't go for Maths because it may be easier as its not a subject that is for everyone. Best of luck with whatever decision you decide to make and if you need anymore help then just ask and I'll try my best to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    A maths
    A Biology
    B Physics

And got into my firm for Mech Eng at Notts! My 5 week break from WoW sure helped XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Wondering, how important is the 4th AS

Mines in a fairly non respected subject (IT) with a mediocre grade of C

I just finished my AS, applying to uni with AABC
    I'm in the exact same situation with you except my subject is Computing. I regret taking such a boring subject. I know that universities only look at the top 3 and only want a pass in a 4th AS so you should be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.