Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Does anyone know what they would like to pursue as a career after graduating? I personally have no idea
    Investment banking lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Does anyone know what they would like to pursue as a career after graduating? I personally have no idea
    as long as i can travel, i don't even mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    as long as i can travel, i don't even mind
    Omg that's my dream lol, if I had a top job in the financial sector which allowed me to travel dayumm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Omg that's my dream lol, if I had a top job in the financial sector which allowed me to travel dayumm
    me too! especially learning new languages at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Investment banking lol
    lol indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    lol indeed
    I'm basically the guy on the 'LSE Problem' youtube vid hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    I'm basically the guy on the 'LSE Problem' youtube vid hahaha
    Oh god I just watched it :laugh::laugh::laugh: So funny lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asset management maybe? Pay isn't much lower than that of FO investment bankers and the hours aren't as much of a madting either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Asset management maybe? Pay isn't much lower than that of FO investment bankers and the hours aren't as much of a madting either
    Everyone seems to want to go into something finance related

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Everyone seems to want to go into something finance related

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it is an economics degree, if not finance then uhm what else lol

ReputationRep:
    Well it is an economics degree, if not finance then uhm what else lol
    There's lots of other things you could do. Like teaching, research...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    There's lots of other things you could do. Like teaching, research...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh true but meh

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys who want to go into IB actually know what investment banking involves? If not I strongly advise looking it up and doing work experience in that setting. Not only is IB boring it is very stressful. Be a forex strategist like me

... I guess forex strategists work in investment banks so by tenuous connection, they're also investment bankers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Do any of you guys who want to go into IB actually know what investment banking involves? If not I strongly advise looking it up and doing work experience in that setting. Not only is IB boring it is very stressful. Be a forex strategist like me

... I guess forex strategists work in investment banks so by tenuous connection, they're also investment bankers
    Would be foolish not to research something you're thinking of pursuing lol. Anyway we applicants have plenty of time before deciding on specific career paths

ReputationRep:
    Would be foolish not to research something you're thinking of pursuing lol. Anyway we applicants have plenty of time before deciding on specific career paths
    People do have to eventually grow up and realise that money doesn't buy happiness I guess. Selective Buddhism has helped me grow as a person and allow me to foresee such hopeless ways to live life. I bet I will meet many who dream of IB if I chose LSE in the Summer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    People do have to eventually grow up and realise that money doesn't buy happiness I guess. Selective Buddhism has helped me grow as a person and allow me to foresee such hopeless ways to live life. I bet I will meet many who dream of IB if I chose LSE in the Summer...
    Well we all have our own opinions & if you do choose LSE you're 100% correct about the IB dream haha , my sister goes there

ReputationRep:
    Well we all have our own opinions & if you do choose LSE you're 100% correct about the IB dream haha , my sister goes there
    I'll be very happy if I make the offer. I would prally choose cambridge over lse but lse still amazing

ReputationRep:
    I am sure most people here realise that IB is in structural decline? + the level of competitiveness for each intern position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hody421)
    I am sure most people here realise that IB is in structural decline? + the level of competitiveness for each intern position?
    The majority of what IB do is make the markets and talk to clients

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    One of many reasons not to pick LSE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.