rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
:hugs: take your time with the problems :hugs:
Ooo you have a blue name now!

Well I was right to find it hard because I was being asked to prove a vector = a scalar
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Ooo you have a blue name now!

Well I was right to find it hard because I was being asked to prove a vector = a scalar
Indeed :ahee:

I'm what context? :confused:
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Indeed :ahee:

I'm what context? :confused:
It's because there was a typo on the (published) paper I was working through the equations on. It's funny because the paper goes on and on about how other people's papers are wrong, but I'm just a little second year and I found a mistake on that one.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's because there was a typo on the (published) paper I was working through the equations on. It's funny because the paper goes on and on about how other people's papers are wrong, but I'm just a little second year and I found a mistake on that one.
Ahhh, I see REsearch can be awesome but also fustrating too :eek: Am I right in that you have to do just a poster presentation?
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ahhh, I see REsearch can be awesome but also fustrating too :eek: Am I right in that you have to do just a poster presentation?
Yep.
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm very much short on cash at the moment and an idea I just had is to publish my university notes as a textbook.

Any advice of how to go about doing this?
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dr Slowbro93, can I ask you a maths question??
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dr Slowbro93, can I ask you a maths question??
Sure May not be able to answer properly till tomorrow
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sure May not be able to answer properly till tomorrow
Do you know why these are equal: \displaystyle \int_V \frac{\partial \rho(x,t)}{\partial t}dV = \frac{d}{dt} \int_V \rho(x,t) \ dV?

My lecturer showed me the other day and I remember he was used a taylor series for a function of two variables at some point, but I've totally forgotten the rest... It doesn't matter if you don't know or if it's too much to explain btw!

I think this is fluid dynamics (conservation of mass), and the maths forum is overrun with pure mathematicians.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know why these are equal: \displaystyle \int_V \frac{\partial \rho(x,t)}{\partial t}dV = \frac{d}{dt} \int_V \rho(x,t) \ dV?

My lecturer showed me the other day and I remember he was used a taylor series for a function of two variables at some point, but I've totally forgotten the rest... It doesn't matter if you don't know or if it's too much to explain btw!

I think this is fluid dynamics (conservation of mass), and the maths forum is overrun with pure mathematicians.
I know the answer, but it would require a computer to type up my answer properly, is that okay?
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know the answer, but it would require a computer to type up my answer properly, is that okay?
Yeah.
Thanks
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
have my lab induction on Tuesday afternoon at Southampton uni :woo:
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
Best of luck
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Best of luck
thank you
codle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
Sounds exciting - that is the problem with studying English, no exciting lab work. Hope it goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by codle)
Sounds exciting - that is the problem with studying English, no exciting lab work. Hope it goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you I'm just going to be a lab assistant in a molecular medicine lab for a month or so before term starts
Haleem786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guy's can any of you tell me what is the best way of revising
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just thought I'd take some time to post a quick update. I hope everyone's doing goooooood. What are you all up to this summer? :awesome:

I'm half way through my interrailling trip around Europe. I've been to Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, Kraków and Budapest so far, and I'm going to Vienna tomorrow. After that, it's just Venice, Rome and Paris left, before one last night in Amsterdam again where I fly home on the 1st. It's been a pretty unreal experience... But I've been homesick as ****. Not even for home, but I've missed my boyfriend terribly. I guess going from spending basically every day together to nothing at all was a hard transition to make for me (I'm a lot more sensitive than most ). But the good thing is it's just really made me realise how much I love him and wanna be with him. Which is awesome. He's so amazing :suith:.

I find out what I (hopefully) graduate with on the 22nd. Welp. Good or bad, I'll let you guys know. Let's hope for a 2:1, even if it's a scrape!

But yeah, I hope you're all having an awesome time. Much love <3
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
Just thought I'd take some time to post a quick update. I hope everyone's doing goooooood. What are you all up to this summer? :awesome:

I'm half way through my interrailling trip around Europe. I've been to Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, Kraków and Budapest so far, and I'm going to Vienna tomorrow. After that, it's just Venice, Rome and Paris left, before one last night in Amsterdam again where I fly home on the 1st. It's been a pretty unreal experience... But I've been homesick as ****. Not even for home, but I've missed my boyfriend terribly. I guess going from spending basically every day together to nothing at all was a hard transition to make for me (I'm a lot more sensitive than most ). But the good thing is it's just really made me realise how much I love him and wanna be with him. Which is awesome. He's so amazing :suith:.

I find out what I (hopefully) graduate with on the 22nd. Welp. Good or bad, I'll let you guys know. Let's hope for a 2:1, even if it's a scrape!

But yeah, I hope you're all having an awesome time. Much love <3
Your snaps :love: I remember this time last year how we were writing the tinder tales :teehee: so happy for you! :woo:
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So I thought I would just be a lab assistant- I had my induction yesterday and will be doing my own research on the expression and cloning of transporters in E. coli and how it affects drug efficacy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.53%
No - but I will (60)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (381)
47.51%

Watched Threads