Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Sarcasm?
    No. Sh. Saleh words his fataawa carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Hey why wasn't I invited to this Whatsapp convention you guys have going on haha. Thought I was one of you's :mad:

I'm from birming too! if that doesn't qualify me, I don't know what does.

ReputationRep:
    Salaam All

ReputationRep:
    It's so easy to be lazy and stop praying :/ There are moments where I can't imagine myself not praying 5 times a day, and moments where I can't imagine praying 5 times a day...

ReputationRep:
    Asalamu Aleykum guys.

ReputationRep:
    Remember brothers and sisters the ummah must stay strong and hard, so we will beable to penetrate and over come
    any challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    :yy:

(Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    Salaam All
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    Asalamu Aleykum guys.
    Walaykum asalaam

ReputationRep:
    and remember when you have a big load that you can not bear allah helps to carry that load.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jalal Uddin)
    It's so easy to be lazy and stop praying :/ There are moments where I can't imagine myself not praying 5 times a day, and moments where I can't imagine praying 5 times a day...
    I don't think it's easy to stop praying. If you pray continuously you 'll know yourself that when it's prayer time you have to go - you have that feeling that pushes you to get up and perform salah. Maybe you should also try reading Quraan sometime (You should at least read a page every day or so). If you do miss your prayers you can catch up on them at night - this doesn't give you an excuse to do this all the time.

"Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments". (Muslim)

---

Think of all the words emitted from our mouths today. Which of them brought us closer to Allah & which of them dragged you away?

ReputationRep:
    Wa alaikumasalaam

http://youtu.be/fB__H19ka3A?t=5m20s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    No. Sh. Saleh words his fataawa carefully.
    Do you agree with what he said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Hey why wasn't I invited to this Whatsapp convention you guys have going on haha. Thought I was one of you's :mad:

I'm from birming too! if that doesn't qualify me, I don't know what does.
    Lol I wanna join this whatsapp thingy as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibz100)
    Assalamualaykum

Sorry to go off topic, I'm new to this here. I just had a question:

Are you allowed to dye your hair?

I know for certain that you aren't allowed to dye your hair black, but what of other colours such as blonde and blue etc. Would the unislamic connotations associated with this action be frowned upon?

(This question is regarding both men and women btw but please don't give me too much to read ������)

Jazakallah
    Don't know if you've got an answer... I saw this so I'm answering.... Black is not allowed. Besides that every other natural born color is allowed... (Colours that people are born with)... Like blonde white brown red and so on... Colours that people aren't naturally born with aren't allowed like blue green pink and so on...

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful Hadith! Narrated Sahl bin Sad Al-Saidi (Radi-Allahu
    'anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "A place in
    Paradise equal to the size of a lash is better than the whole world and
    whatever is in it."[Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 473]

ReputationRep:
    ‎"Doubtless, a heart grows tarnished like brass or silver, and it is polished by remembrance, which may make it shine like a crystal mirror. So when one neglects the remembrance it tarnishes, and when he returns it shines. Since the heart is tarnished by two things: heedleness and sin, it is polished by two things: reme...mbrance and asking forgiveness." -Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya-

ReputationRep:
    Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!." - (2/201) Quran

ReputationRep:
    'Do not detest the misfortunes that befall you, for what you detest may be the cause of your salvation and what you like may be the cause of your ruin.' -Hasan Al-Basri-

ReputationRep:
    "When a man and woman are alone, shaytaan is the third" (sorry don't have a reference)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Beautiful Hadith! Narrated Sahl bin Sad Al-Saidi (Radi-Allahu
    'anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "A place in
    Paradise equal to the size of a lash is better than the whole world and
    whatever is in it."[Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 473]
    alhuamdullilah!

ReputationRep:
    brothers and sisters, I was looking for some guidance. I am in my last year of my a-levels, and I applied for medicine. As such, I have been extremely busy but I feel like I have been neglecting certain aspects of my deen (namely salat- to be perfectly honest with you, the last salat I read was jumm'ah last week ). I cannot bare to think of the punishment that I am surely destined to, but I struggle to find the time to do anything. I am up 'til 1 am doing exam revision every day, and I feel that I am too tired to read ish'aa before I go to sleep, and I do not have time in the mornings for fajr. I know this is not an acceptable excuse but I'm just extremely lost as to what I should do.

I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom, and I would appreciate if it if everyone could make dua to help me get back on track with my deen.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.