Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for St Andrews to reply to me since October, for Classical Studies and Comparative Literature as well as English, before the Oxford deadline. Still no reply.

ReputationRep:
    Wolverhampton took less than four hours to reply to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by careyboyle)
    I've been waiting for St Andrews to reply to me since October, for Classical Studies and Comparative Literature as well as English, before the Oxford deadline. Still no reply.
    I applied for the same course around the same time and I haven't heard anything either, they're the last university I'm waiting to hear back from :/ I'm sure we'll hear something soon though hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJadeG)
    when did you apply to UEA I got my Psychology offer no more than 2 weeks after I applied! Good luck
    ages ago got uea is getting firmed

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering at York, Bristol , Brunel, Cardiff and Loughborough
    got conditional from york and Loughborough and interviews at Cardiff and Brunel Still waiting for Bristol and thats my first choice. Anyone got invited for interview at Bristol and took Maths test. How was it? and anyone know what will be like so nervous.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even though I have gotten one unconditional already, the wait is killing me!
    Buying stationary and books for Uni has helped though.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff are taking ages. It's annoying because they're my last uni and i don't even want to go there either. I just want them to get the decision over with

Edit: I **** you not, literally a minute after I posted this, I checked my email and they gave me an interview. I'm not even joking lol. I don't think i want to attend the interview though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Jesus christ cardiff are taking ages. It's annoying because they're my last uni and i don't even want to go there either. I just want them to get the decision over with

Edit: I **** you not, literally a minute after I posted this, I checked my email and they gave me an interview. I'm not even joking lol. I don't think i want to attend the interview though
    Haha! Someone from Cardiff must be stalking your posts :P.
    I was going to say, if you were just waiting on them to make a decision just so you could accept one of your other offers, I'm pretty sure (I'm sure someone more knowledgable can correct me if I'm wrong) you can withdraw your application and then you are able to reply to the offers you have?

I'm sure I just told you a whole lot of rubbish, so I'll wait for someone to correct my babble...although I think I'm pretty close!

Edit: Oh wait, let me try...Bath Spa is taking so long..I wish they would hurry up...ahem.

ReputationRep:
    There is no rush to make any decision re. Firm & Insurance, and there are are no special prizes for early deciders!

You have nothing to lose by waiting for all your decisions to be made, and then calmly making a considered decision.

The people who 'get fed up waiting' and withdraw a choice, are frequently the same ones back on TSR in April asking how they can get that choice back (they can't) or regretting the choices they have made (too late).

Wait.

ReputationRep:
    Do Lancaster typically take a while? I have 4/5 offers for Politics and International Relations so just waiting on them now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanillaboy)
    Great minds think alike haha
    You must have been a very strong applicant if you received offers so quickly! When did you apply? I think they'll take a bit longer for me as my reference didn't send my predicted grades (Swedish school and they've been reluctant to give predicted grades). I guess I'll call the unis tomorrow asking them if they require the predicted grades and if I should "predict myself" in that case or whatever. Edinburgh emailed me telling me that they require predicted grades so I'll have to provide them before they start considering my app I guess.
    I know the feel, I'm really stressed out as well, especially with all of this predicted grade stuff going on :/.
    I'm predicted A*AA so I guess it may have helped to hear quickly from Warwick and King's but I wouldn't say I'm a really a very strong applicant...
    I'm pretty certain that your predicted grades play a large role in being selected so I would definitely try to send some kind of prediction if I were in your position.
    Try e-mailing each university. I remember Warwick's CS department saying that they sometimes interview students from Europe to try and compare the qualifications. I'm not totally sure though. Let me know how it works out.

ReputationRep:
    Was gunna complain about how Birmingham had been taking their bittersweet time getting back to me since I applied in November, then I checked and got my offer hours ago. Just waiting for Keele now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulFlower)
    Haha! Someone from Cardiff must be stalking your posts :P.
    I was going to say, if you were just waiting on them to make a decision just so you could accept one of your other offers, I'm pretty sure (I'm sure someone more knowledgable can correct me if I'm wrong) you can withdraw your application and then you are able to reply to the offers you have?

I'm sure I just told you a whole lot of rubbish, so I'll wait for someone to correct my babble...although I think I'm pretty close!

Edit: Oh wait, let me try...Bath Spa is taking so long..I wish they would hurry up...ahem.
    Yeah you can withdraw. I wanted to be able to say i got 5 offers though. And i was praying I'd get no interviews at all. Or at least for the interviews to be from somewhere i wanted to go to.

I'm still weirded out by their timing. They ignore me for months, i decide rant on tsr and get a reply a minute later.

My parents are advising me to attend the interview anyway but i don't think it's worth it. Anyway, good luck with your bath spa decision lmao

P.s

Cardiff spies, if you're reading this, accept me even if i can't attend the interview and I'll give my old yu-gi-oh collection

ReputationRep:
    Pesonally, I'd say attend the inteview anyway, if nothing else it would be good experience.

ReputationRep:
    I've read 3 first pages and 2 last pages in this forum but can't find anyone who mention Southampton Uni and Newcastle? I applied (digital mkt and e-marketing) for both in 28 Dec 2015, got an offer from Soton in 2 Jan 2016. Newcastle still taking their time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmEternal2)
    I applied for a biological science at Sheffield and Leicester from your list. I sent my application on 1st January. And I got acknowledgements within 10 days for all my uni's. I have predicted grades of ABB in my 3 main Alevels. And I had a conditional offer 3 days ago from Leicester for BBB. I haven't had an offer from Sheffield yet, hope that helps
    Oh woah, do you know why they gave you an offer of BBB? That's one grade lower than their entry requirements right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    Oh woah, do you know why they gave you an offer of BBB? That's one grade lower than their entry requirements right?
    It'll be a 'contextual offer'. All Unis make these to certain applicants (typically from lower performing school) to widen Uni participation.

ReputationRep:
    I finally heard back from Loughborough university. Got conditional offer. Now comes the hard part - choosing the firm and insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Read this article from TSR : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

There is no Big Hurry - you have months to make this decision so don't panic, think very carefully about what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one sitting with only 1 offer?

I applied on 11 December and I have no responses from the rest of my choices and its coming up to 6 weeks now. Should I get into contact with the uni admissions?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.